testtest

Daily dose of ATF ....

I am ignorant of the process. Could someone give me a brief synopsis of how and when these things become law?
The AG signs it, we have to wait a bit , it’s open for public comment after its published in Federal Register, then what?

Yep here we go yet again. The AFT is trying to vastly overreach their duties and create a law that would once again criminalize millions of law abiding Americans. Once comments are open we all need to jump on board and let them know by the millions that this will not stand.

I am ignorant of the process. Could someone give me a brief synopsis of how and when these things become law?
The AG signs it, we have to wait a bit , it’s open for public comment after its published in Federal Register, then what?
I’m largely ignorant of ATF myself. (I know - I ought not be, and I’ll work on that. Up to a point).
But ATF cannot “make laws”. They can only initiate regulations. Then enforce them if they’re approved.
Or some such 🙄

Ridiculous X 2. If this crap goes through will they grandfather already sold braces? What are the alternatives for say a Saint edge pistol. Change barrel, remove brace, any ideas?

Oughta just disband the whole department. Two-thirds of it is moot anyway - when’s the last time you heard anything about the Alcohol or Tobacco ?

(… dang it, that reminds me. I’m outa Copenhagen 😡 )

Oughta just disband the whole department. Two-thirds of it is moot anyway - when’s the last time you heard anything about the Alcohol or Tobacco ?

(… dang it, that reminds me. I’m outa Copenhagen 😡 )
The reason the "two thirds of it is moot" is that ATF personnel (starting at the top) use them regularly which assists in their decision making process. How else would a sober relational person come up with some of the garbage these folks try to get into law.

Did you see the nonsense about the weight? More than 64 ounces and it is no longer considered a pistol.
I’m a little confused. I read the whole thing and my reading comprehension is generally solid but I don’t understand if all these proposed items ( hand stops, optics, weight, length of pull, length of buffer tube, overall length, etc.) would put you in violation if you just ran a tube with no brace?

Did anyone else read this? Basically any pistol with a brace that has an optic on it with eye relief will become a short barreled rifle. Also ANY handstop, angled or 90 degrees.

An arbitrary and capricious point-based grading system that has basically painted just about everything in the Modern sporting pistol world into a corner.

BOHICA

I’m a little confused. I read the whole thing and my reading comprehension is generally solid but I don’t understand if all these proposed items ( hand stops, optics, weight, length of pull, length of buffer tube, overall length, etc.) would put you in violation if you just ran a tube with no brace?
As Talyn mentioned, it becomes a point system based upon those items you mentioned.

Arbitrary features that the ATF decides they don’t like.

As Talyn mentioned, it becomes a point system based upon those items you mentioned.

Arbitrary features that the ATF decides they don’t like.

maybe I’ll weld razor blades to the end of my buffer tube. Then the rest of the crap will be irrelevant since shouldering it isn’t an option. 🙄

Back