testtest

dang i hate this crap.

Old_Me, just a hint but since the machine is as old as you say, check around the underside of the lid of the machine for a small, probably plastic (maybe metal) pointy thing that matches to a small hole in the cabinet where the lid closes down. Inside that little hole is a micro switch that when made by the pointy thing, allows for water to fill the machine by closing the circuit to the water fill solenoid valve. Those little micro switches are prone after so many years to getting really brittle and breaking at the least opportune time, especially if the lid gets dropped hard. That may still be a safety on current machines, I don't know. Haven't had to go into a washer in a long time. If you find it, you can test it by sticking something down into the hole where the switch should be if it's the pointy thing that's broken and not making the switch, or open the cabinet up and find the switch and by-pass it if it's the switch that's broken.

But either way, here's to you .... good luck! jj

Old_Me, just a hint but since the machine is as old as you say, check around the underside of the lid of the machine for a small, probably plastic (maybe metal) pointy thing that matches to a small hole in the cabinet where the lid closes down. Inside that little hole is a micro switch that when made by the pointy thing, allows for water to fill the machine by closing the circuit to the water fill solenoid valve. Those little micro switches are prone after so many years to getting really brittle and breaking at the least opportune time, especially if the lid gets dropped hard. That may still be a safety on current machines, I don't know. Haven't had to go into a washer in a long time. If you find it, you can test it by sticking something down into the hole where the switch should be if it's the pointy thing that's broken and not making the switch, or open the cabinet up and find the switch and by-pass it if it's the switch that's broken.

But either way, here's to you .... good luck! jj
I forgot about that switch, ours went bad after a few years, easy to fix

These never broke down,,,

4688ece9db49513c83849f767b636d44-2314730254.jpg

th-1136728682.jpg

My mama and my grandma shared an old "SpeedQueen" very similar to that one, except the wringer on theirs was manual. There was a hand crank on one end or the other that the user would turn to make the rollers turn. That was a real trick to turn the rollers and feed the clothes into them at the same time.

I was probably 4-5 yrs old when they had that machine and that's where I learned almost all my cuss words. Yeh, uhuh, I said that! jj

i use them MORE THAN THE LAW ALLOWS find right part number and then amazon it for less money
but last month we gave in after 20 plus years on the old kenmoore and its rebuild and got a new all in one GE
its a freaking game changer and at the time 1ks less than buying 2 machines washer and dryer
that's a beauty of a machine.

but i just do not like all the electronics......all i see are $ signs, when they start breaking down.

UPDATE:

the repair service contacted me yesterday, and said they can be here today, and he DID show up.

he found the problem to be a "water level pressure switch", that has a hose from it to the panel and senses the water level and shuts it off, as to not overflow.

he ordered the part, it'll be shipped to my house, in a few days.

but the job will cost me nearly $400, parts and labor.

still cheaper than a new machine, or a used machine that might have issues as well.

and to think, if i knew the Powerball numbers before the drawing, i woulda played them.

looks like this

kenmore-110-92575110-water-level-pressure-switch-genuine-oem.jpg

i looked up the part, and pricing, and yeah, it is marked up a bit, but the prices they show are for contractors, not the consumers.

when he tested the machine, he found it to be "stuck" in the drain cycle.......i too could here it draining

Last edited:
Back