testtest

Decisions....

I would not pay for a TRP. I’d sooner get a RO Operator if I wanted a rail.

You really don’t get much for the extra money besides that TRP logo; they still use MIM fire control parts…hard pass.

For the money, a Dan Wesson would be a much better choice.

No, I don’t care for a rail on a 1911, even though my Sig has one, my opinion a 1911 doesn’t need a rail, if you want a rail on a pistol get a polymer one, just my opinion here, my SA RO Operator had a rail but I sold it, again don’t care for the rail
Thankyou. You made my point! I do respect your opinion. However, No rail? No sale! So many advantages to having a rail on a pistol. Whether its a steel or poly pistol in my opinion. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it! That's why I like to SA 1911 Operator. It's the only SA 1911 with a rail! The Operator is open for business day or night 24/7. Just my humble opinion. All you guys have more, shoot more, and know way more than me when it comes to pistols. So I might end up sticking my foot in my mouth for dinner and possibly eating crow for dessert over this post at the end of the day!

I'm already tasting that crow. After double checking. The TRP, Emissary, and Loaded all have rail options! I was wrong about the Operator being the only 1911 with a rail in SA's 1911 line up, but I'm sure you guys already knew that. That's what I get for getting cocky! Sorry to waste your time guys I'll shut up now!

Ok, done on this thread, it’s just getting to serious, I’ll keep my opinions to myself in the future, don’t want or need any hassles with other members, I wasn’t trying to make a point, was just stating my preferences, sorry if it came off that way, wasn’t meant to. I’ll keep quiet from now on, lol

View attachment 26815
Just wanted to share a pic of my 629 Classic with you because you're grips reminded me of mine. A friend I grew up with that is now an Alaskan big game hunting guide custom hand made these beautiful grips out of Sitka Spruce Burrell. He's done a lot of wood inlay's on rifle stocks but this was his first and only set of pistol grips he's made. Said he'd never make another set for any other pistol. 20 hours of fitting and polishing. Truly a one of a kind set of grips! They even feel and fit my hand better than the factory rubber Houge grip!
luv the look of the wood stocks

Seriously, you can’t go wrong with any 1911, blue, stainless, parkerized, duel tone, it’s just a matter of preference, I myself, like a blue finish, as you can tell by my 2 Colts, I also have a stainless Sig and a duel tone Kimber, one thing with a 1911, there very addictive, once you get one, they seem to multiply, whichever one you pick, I am sure you will enjoy it
yeah, very addictive indeed. some could even say that they "multiply like wabbits"....

Oh! Well ok then! Just learned something new about finishes! I agree about the beauty of good Bluing. I've always wondered witch was more durable. Bluing or Parkerized. The Bluing on my Kimber, or at least I think it's Blueing. Is very poor quality or thin maybe compared to many other factory bluing's I've seen on other makes and models. The finish started showing considerable holster ware just after a month or two! My Kimber's finish is smooth like bluing but not as deep or dark as I've seen on other pistols and rifles. I also read this in the reviews of the pistol when I read up on it before my purchase. That didn't deture me from buying the pistol because I keep all my arms clean and we'll oiled where and when needed. I don't mind a little cosmetic ware. It's all in how it performs. At least for me it is. Don't get me wrong. A beautiful bluing on a fine wood stocked rifle is about as sexy as it gets!

What is your opinion on stainless barrels vs. high carbon steel? My father always told me high carbon steel barrels last longer because it's harder steel than Stainless. Stainless is also more brittal than high carbon steel therefore gaulds much easier. At least that's what I've been taught.
That's a can of worms :LOL:. There are varying grades of both stainless and chrome moly steels used in firearms. I attached the comparison of the most common in firearms for you to see visually. Note that barrels in particular may be made of other higher grades like 416R stainless and 4150 moly.

Since finishes have been discussed I will bring up a couple other items. First is Sights:

Ronin with the fiber optic

Loaded night sights, specifically I assumed it was this version PX9109LCA

Garrison is 3-dot white

I have shot a range of 1911’s with these sights I like all of them. However, if having night sights is important for you, then it’s nice when they come factory. Not that you can’t change them later just my personal thought, it’s nice to get the one with sights you like.

Second item is recoil system:

The ronin and garrison in the 5 inch versions come with the standard GI system. Frankly I like this system as no tool takedown. Not a big deal but just something I prefer. I also think it’s better for new 1911 owners since it is the standard and most manufactures use this.

The loaded has a two piece full length recoil system. Again version I looked at. Which requires a tool to take down and likely is going to be a different takedown than most 1911 you might buy in the future since GI is most common even in high end guns. I believe this can be changed relatively cheaper than changing sights though so perhaps not a deal breaker.

Basically everyone has the things they like, I bought a SA operator since I wanted nightsights and a standard GI recoil system. The operator fit the bill. Granted I was actually lucky and found one in the price range I was willing to spend. I haven’t seen another one yet down at that price. Otherwise it would of been a loaded.

Likely they will be reliable and shoot well, so pick the one that comes factory with the most options you want and at the price you want and you will be happy.

Back