testtest

defense ammo

Why not? Are hollow points the best ?? Is FMJ ? Use the best of both worlds
I’ve heard a few instructors advise against this; long story short, the different recoil impulses for each round increases the chance of getting a stoppage...basically introducing additional things that could go wrong. Additionally, the rounds will sometimes have different POA/POI indexes, leading to lower accuracy.

The common consensus is that there are plenty of JHP’s (in duty calibers) that get more than adequate penetration and expansion...and if they don’t expand, they’re just going to work like ball anyway.

He closest thing to giving a green light on it is some who carry backup .380’s suggest loading the first two or three rounds JHP’s, the rest FMJ...but that’s more a nod towards a .380 JHP's being penetration challenged.

But if you’re comfortable with it, that’s really all that matters.

Haven’t seen it yet...but I think that unless it performs as well/better than HST for considerably less...I’ll see no reason to change.

Based on the MSRP listed in the article it does seem quite a bit cheaper. If cheaper is one of your criteria for picking ammo that could save your life.

This strikes me as marketing gobbledegook. I'm pretty sure all the other JHP in pistol calibers are designed for the same thing. My guess is they're going after the market of people that don't want to shell out the extra cash for HST and the other top tier Federal loads and normally go with something cheaper in a different brand.

“We used that knowledge and experience to create a product to specifically meet the needs of self-defense with a handgun. The result of that hard work is Punch.”

Based on the MSRP listed in the article it does seem quite a bit cheaper. If cheaper is one of your criteria for picking ammo that could save your life.

This strikes me as marketing gobbledegook. I'm pretty sure all the other JHP in pistol calibers are designed for the same thing. My guess is they're going after the market of people that don't want to shell out the extra cash for HST and the other top tier Federal loads and normally go with something cheaper in a different brand.

“We used that knowledge and experience to create a product to specifically meet the needs of self-defense with a handgun. The result of that hard work is Punch.”
I wonder if it's just rebranded HiShok (Federal’s generic JHP line).

I’ve heard a few instructors advise against this; long story short, the different recoil impulses for each round increases the chance of getting a stoppage...basically introducing additional things that could go wrong. Additionally, the rounds will sometimes have different POA/POI indexes, leading to lower accuracy.

The common consensus is that there are plenty of JHP’s (in duty calibers) that get more than adequate penetration and expansion...and if they don’t expand, they’re just going to work like ball anyway.

He closest thing to giving a green light on it is some who carry backup .380’s suggest loading the first two or three rounds JHP’s, the rest FMJ...but that’s more a nod towards a .380 JHP's being penetration challenged.

But if you’re comfortable with it, that’s really all that matters.
I’ve probably shot 200 rounds this way. Sig 228 and 320. Never had an issue. Ever
Edit: rounds, not mags

Personally, I don’t buy the snake oil of the “screwdriver tip” or “fluid transfer” rounds...they’re just the latest iteration of lightweight, warpspeed bullets that are always found to be lacking in the long run.

I just see expensive FMJ when I look at their tests.

Back