testtest

Did the Hellcat Kill the XD-S?

I know if I was choosing between a 365 and a Hellcat…the 365 would be my choice.

That comes from firing both, and knowing what works for me, though…

XDs would never even cross my mind, though. Had one of the original .45’s, liked it, sent it back for the recall and the trigger came back crap…typical XD mush.

Own both, Xds Mod 1 in 9mm and a XDs mod2 in .45 acp love both and carry both at different times. I am a .45 guy, and carry mine almost everyday. I carried a 1911 for Uncle Sam in the 1960s have seen what they can do, yes you have fewer rounds, so I carry extra rounds and as with all firearms "practice makes perfect."

I have an XD-S Mod.2 OSP in a 9mm with a 4 inch barrel. IMHO, it is just as functional and fun to shoot at the range, as it it easy to carry. The ergonomics on it are just excellent and it is accurate as all get out. The Gear-Up promotion gave me three extra mags (1 7 round and 2 8 rounds) and I couldn't be happier with it. SA hit it way out of the park with this one.

My two favorite carry guns, are my Hellcat OSP 9mm, and my XD-S OSP .45 ACP.
They are almost exactly the same size, and about the same weight; depending on what type of ammunition you're carrying?
I usually carry the 45 XDS, just because my personal preference is 45 ACP.
I am very comfortable carrying either one.
If I feel like I need more than six or seven rounds, I carry the Hellcat instead?😁
Both are excellent concealed carry pistols, even with the red dot optical.

When man with a hellcat meets a man with a XDS 45 Mod2, the hellcat will likely lose every time. Fact is each has its own purposes and limitations, but I only need one .45 round to stop any perp. The XDS 45 Mod2 does a number on hogs as well!

When man with a hellcat meets a man with a XDS 45 Mod2, the hellcat will likely lose every time. Fact is each has its own purposes and limitations, but I only need one .45 round to stop any perp. The XDS 45 Mod2 does a number on hogs as well!

I say this as a .45 guy. You are wrong. The guy who's going to lose is the guy who is slower and shoots worse. And there is a plethora of examples of people being shot multiple times, in vital places, with .45s and living to tell the tale.

I know if I was choosing between a 365 and a Hellcat…the 365 would be my choice.

That comes from firing both, and knowing what works for me, though…

XDs would never even cross my mind, though. Had one of the original .45’s, liked it, sent it back for the recall and the trigger came back crap…typical XD mush.
The trigger on my XD M2 .45 is pretty good actually. And there is always Powder River. Though I gotta say, other than lately getting a twinge to get one of the SA 1911s, it's the only SA firearm that does anything for me.

had an xd40 subcompact. felt perfect in my hand but concealed so so. also wanted something less snappy..like a 9mm version of it. holsters were almost non existant, the good ones available were pretty expensive or just not very concealable. so i sold it planning to "upgrade". in cali so this would require funds in order to ppt off rosters. with ccw in mind...i went through both a hellcat osp, and a regular hellcat micro. they concealed great...micro over osp...but only felt good/so so in my hands with the extended grip which kinda defeated the purpose...fired as expected. only thing I really LOVED about the hellcat were the sights....hellcat micro over osp sights. the smaller osp rear sight and the dot seemed busy for a carry. dot printed some for my medium build. so i sold hellcats and got an xds mod2 osp. better ccw...because it was thinner. even dot concealed better than hellcat. shot as expected better than hellcat. but the grip...its width in my hand forced me to make sure to extend my fingers to get a firm purchase every draw. i was going to settle and replace xds sights with hellcat ones and call it a day. ended up selling instead. got a glock 19 gen 3 for training reasons and loved it! the grip was great, (gen 4/5 i would expect to feel even better?) but being just a compact it printed..better concealment than i thought actually. i shot excellent with it but springfield triggers, not perfect, seemed better. for some reason was most comfortable with a round in chamber than every other ive had. still...i sold it. now i was broke. found a new xd9 subcompact...and decided to go with it because i missed its grip and weight. it felt, like the xd40 i first had...PERFECT in my hand almost 1 yr of playing musical edc's. so i decided id swallow the minor printing and look for a better holster and then id quit looking. from hellcat to glock19 i found and only used a tulster oath, which is the best holster ive ever owned. i told myself hey im getting an oath for the xd9 3" subcompact and thatll be it. Tulster did not make an oath for it. lol..only a profile holster like everyone else. almost giving up and with a little research i found they made one for the xdm-elite 3.8...which i bought out of desperation. realized its about 1.5 in longer than the subcompact barrel but a PERFECT fitting oath holster. great if anything the length of holster seems to add a lil stability to the not so light xd9 3" subcompact. next thing is getting a standard hellcat rear sight whose dovetail should mate perfectly with the xd. already have a tritium in yellow dot from ameriglo on front. ayways i wrote a book. apologies.

Last edited:
Back