testtest

Discover Wild Hog (Feral Hog) Populations by State

I wonder if the low number in some states is because of folks that see one and disbelieve it. I question what I saw one early morning going to work, but I KNOW it was a feral hog.
Kinda like in my area of Texas where there has been no mountain lions for 100 years or more if any at all. More and more people state they have seen an overly large cat that is way bigger than a bobcat (domestic to region). No mountains around here, only plains and a few hills. I haven't heard of what color it is?

We've been seeing cougars in southern Missouri since before I was born. The Dept. of Conservation only very recently admitted they are here. Though they describe it as a few strays who wandered too far from their home territories. They are wrong.
It is the same here in Southern Illinois. I saw my first print of one back in 1970 . But still today when one is spotted it is " just passing through" . You can't have as many deer as we have around here and the big cats not be here.

People in western VA swear they have seen big cats; however, the state game dept claim there are none. I guess until someone captures a picture of a mountain lion on a trail camera the question will be in doubt.
Maybe even then. I’ve seen pictures. Trail cam as well as one my mom’s cousin took with a camera in the 60s. They seem to have a reason to pretend they aren’t here.

People in western VA swear they have seen big cats; however, the state game dept claim there are none. I guess until someone captures a picture of a mountain lion on a trail camera the question will be in doubt.
My sister caught what looks like a black panther on her backyard trail camera near Blacksburg. It could be the trail cam's nightvision that makes it look black though. There are numerous sightings throughout western VA. But as you said, game department still says there are none.

Maybe even then. I’ve seen pictures. Trail cam as well as one my mom’s cousin took with a camera in the 60s. They seem to have a reason to pretend they aren’t here.
I read an article somewhere , old age doesn't let me remember , that said if the game department acknowledged they were around , they would then have to develop a plan to manage them.

Could be possible that's the truth. :unsure:

This was taken by a friends trail camera in N texas last year:

FE7D3425-B41C-4677-B117-9447A2D19A64.jpeg

Was watching Shooting Gallery with Michael Bane last night, he was at the Independence Ranch in Texas hunting hogs with some Ruger 10mm’s, @KillerFord1977 or @TEXASforLIFE you guys been there or know where’s it at?
Without knowing exactly where other than @KillerFord1977 general location I could've been by it as going down to Fredericksburg and into San Marcos? I know Thunder Ranch is close to where I pass going that direction.

Back