testtest

Discover Wild Hog (Feral Hog) Populations by State

If only Houston would let me run my NVG’s, suppressor and SBR’s, we could have urban field training on hogs 😁
Think Houston PD would fly me around on their chopper at night ? 😜

Wow ... wouldn't that be a pile of fun hanging out the side of a helicopter, at night, taking on all the hogs you can see. Better take a few more reloads with you ... 🤣🤣🤣

Wow ... wouldn't that be a pile of fun hanging out the side of a helicopter, at night, taking on all the hogs you can see. Better take a few more reloads with you ... 🤣🤣🤣
C0EFF0CE-109E-4F53-A642-9A9EC0F54B4B.jpeg

Opportunity is here in Texas for it 😁

I've been watching "Yawt Yawt" videos.
He uses those circle fence traps to catch many hogs.
On a large circle fence trap he caught, "29 hogs" and yes it was on video.
They were of all sizes. He gives the hogs away to feed people in need.

IMO, I think this is a much better way to really keeps down the hog population unless of course the "thrill of the killing" is you primary goal.

IMO, I think this is a much better way to really keeps down the hog population unless of course the "thrill of the killing" is you primary goal.

Giving wild hogs away to feed people is problematic. Mostly they don't taste that good and certainly they are difficult ( as are all hogs) to process.

Eradication is the primary goal. I'd say as humanely as possible. Setting up bait pens covered in Tannerite seems humane to me. It's all over in an instant. Of course quick clean kill shots from high powered rifles is pretty humane too.

Giving wild hogs away to feed people is problematic. Mostly they don't taste that good and certainly they are difficult ( as are all hogs) to process.

Eradication is the primary goal. I'd say as humanely as possible. Setting up bait pens covered in Tannerite seems humane to me. It's all over in an instant. Of course quick clean kill shots from high powered rifles is pretty humane too.
Don't more people who hunt or accept wyld hogs, know you must marinate meat or it will be tough and not taste good? Yes exactly, as free hogs it is worth it to those who receive hogs for them to gut and clean.

In Yawt Yawt case, he only uses a 22cal or somethings a 22mag and turkey shoots them (off camera and no blood scenes in his videos) At that range a easy one shot kills with 22 as he knows the correct spot to shoot.

Nothing wrong at all with shooting wyld hogs as they are sure feral and open season 24/7/365 in many states of them.

I love the videos of a group of hunters night shooting with night scopes and silencers. It is funny to see the hogs running in circles and have no idea of where the danger is and easy pickings.

Don't more people who hunt or accept wyld hogs, know you must marinate meat or it will be tough and not taste good? Yes exactly, as free hogs it is worth it to those who receive hogs for them to gut and clean.

In Yawt Yawt case, he only uses a 22cal or somethings a 22mag and turkey shoots them (off camera and no blood scenes in his videos) At that range a easy one shot kills with 22 as he knows the correct spot to shoot.

Nothing wrong at all with shooting wyld hogs as they are sure feral and open season 24/7/365 in many states of them.

I love the videos of a group of hunters night shooting with night scopes and silencers. It is funny to see the hogs running in circles and have no idea of where the danger is and easy pickings.

Reminds me of a true story. My father was a butcher his whole life. From 17 until he retired at 65. I have processed every deer I ever shot, usually on the tailgate of the truck out in the woods, since I was about 12 years old. One time a guy I know offered me a (Domestic) hog. All I had to do was shoot it and take it home. I was pretty stoked. I called my dad up and said " Hey pop, I got a guy who's going to give me a free hog. Will you help me butcher it ?" He replied, " Nope, you're on your own boy".

My point is that hogs are not cows or deer. They are difficult and time consuming to process. If my old man, a life long butcher, would turn down a free hog that all he had to do was process I imagine people that have no clue about how to do it aren't going to be all that excited about the prospect.

That's not to say I am in any way opposed to any program which involves processing and donating the meat. I am very much a guy who doesn't waste anything and doesn't kill anything I don't eat ( unless it is a problem animal or an injured animal). When it comes to feral hogs though they need to be eradicated by any means necessary.

We use those when we can. It’s a one and done trap. Hogs get wise to a trap super fast.
They will go all around it but never in it once a hog gets wise to what it is. You wont catch them all either. Hogs are super smart. We use box traps and round pen traps. Success rates are surprisingly very low.
Also, a lot of places wont take hog meat. It contains abnormally high rate of diseases sometimes. Lots of other reasons places wont take hog meat. Not as easy as you think to give away or process feral hog meat.

Interesting story. LOL that is funny your dad not wanting to do the extra work working on them hogs.

Yes huge Wyld feral hogs need to be exterminated by any means.

One issue I will mention is USDA and state guidelines on how food is processed for commercial consumption. You cannot just take hog meat you skinned/processed in the field and give it away for human consumption. Not legal.
Lots of processors wont take feral hogs. Those that do charge good $$ to do so.
It would be cheaper to just give $$ to the local food bank for support than pay to get hogs processed en masse. You’d go broke

One issue I will mention is USDA and state guidelines on how food is processed for commercial consumption. You cannot just take hog meat you skinned/processed in the field and give it away for human consumption. Not legal.
Lots of processors wont take feral hogs. Those that do charge good $$ to do so.
It would be cheaper to just give $$ to the local food bank for support than pay to get hogs processed en masse. You’d go broke
They guy at Yawt Yawt only states he gives them hogs away "to needy people" and as Ford stated they are a real pain to deal with. So I guess if you hungry, then by all means worth it for them?

Back