testtest

Do You Avoid Places Where You Are Not Permitted To Carry A Firearm?

Do You Avoid Places Where You Are Not Permitted To Carry A Gun

• 1. Yes

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • 2. No

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • 3. Whether I can carry isn't a deciding factor

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
Feeling has little to do with it. I’m pretty sure those kids in Uvalde didn’t feel the need. Or those people in that store in buffalo.
Agreed.
If “feelings” played a role in my decisions I wouldn’t leave my apartment.
As it is since my new job is so close that I can walk to work in less then 5 minutes I don’t carry and believe me I feel naked without a gun on my hip, if I did drive the gun would remain in the truck anyway so I’m dealing with it.

I’m still looking for a decent ankle holster for my Taurus Revolver and if I find one comfortable enough and there’s no chance it can be seen if I sit down there’s a chance I’ll use that at work.

Feeling has little to do with it. I’m pretty sure those kids in Uvalde didn’t feel the need. Or those people in that store in buffalo.
Very true, but where I live, driving thru certain parts of town INTENSIFIES that feeling more so than driving thru others - and I think that may be what Invisibleflash was referring to. Actually, it's been over 15 years since I've driven on one particular roadway because of that 'feeling' - and even back when I did, I unholstered and came to a full stop at NO traffic signals or stop signs, either. Just always had a 'feeling'.

I never carried until I saw the madness during the summer of 2020. I grew up in Minnesota and when I saw Minneapolis burning and everything else that went down that summer, my wife and I both started carrying. It is another reason I chose the Hellcat as well. Small and easy to conceal with 16 rounds. It is sad it has gotten to the point it has with our society but I don't see it getting better anytime soon. I will always carry now.

I never carried until I saw the madness during the summer of 2020. I grew up in Minnesota and when I saw Minneapolis burning and everything else that went down that summer, my wife and I both started carrying. It is another reason I chose the Hellcat as well. Small and easy to conceal with 16 rounds. It is sad it has gotten to the point it has with our society but I don't see it getting better anytime soon. I will always carry now.
A lot of people started buying guns and carrying them in 2020.

From 2012 until 2021 I worked in the field doing maintenance and installation on natural gas mains. Which is a fancy way of saying I worked on main crews for the gas company, digging up old mains and abandoning them and installing new plastic gas mains and renewing gas services. Between 2012 and 2021 my district was north St. Louis proper. I'm not going to recount stories I've told here before, but I'll just say lots of bad, sad and dangerous times. 100% of my work day was spent in the worst neighborhoods in the most violent and dangerous city in the country. Prior to that I carried when I "Felt" like I needed to. Since then I carry, period.

JUST KIDDING.JPG

A lot of people started buying guns and carrying them in 2020.

From 2012 until 2021 I worked in the field doing maintenance and installation on natural gas mains. Which is a fancy way of saying I worked on main crews for the gas company, digging up old mains and abandoning them and installing new plastic gas mains and renewing gas services. Between 2012 and 2021 my district was north St. Louis proper. I'm not going to recount stories I've told here before, but I'll just say lots of bad, sad and dangerous times. 100% of my work day was spent in the worst neighborhoods in the most violent and dangerous city in the country. Prior to that I carried when I "Felt" like I needed to. Since then I carry, period.
I hear you. Retired Army here and been military contracting ever since. I was stuck in Iraq in 2020. First for a missile strike that blew our site up (
). I stayed to help rebuild and then covid hit and I was stuck indefinitely until I could find away home. I watched 2020 on AFN (Armed Forces Network). Everything I saw was really freaking me out a bit. America was going crazy and I could only watch. I saw everything happening and was buying ammo like I was going back to war when I got home. When I did get home, my wife and I went right to the carry conceal course. Things have been very different for us since 2020. I carry when I am in my house. I don't know why, but I have a strong feeling I have to always be ready in the event anything happens. That was a life altering year for us.

It's funny how life changes.

I retired in October of 2021. And the last 15 months my life has changed to the point where when I leave home I'm either going to the VA for an appointment or I'm going to the gym. I also go hiking in the mountains once a week but most of the time it's the VA or the gym.

The majority of the time that I leave home I'm wearing tennis shoes, a pair of Army PT pants and a hoodie. And I carry my "EDC" in a fanny pack.

The gym I go to isn't posted and even if it was the manager is friends with my wife and she knows I carry a gun and she's never said anything about it.

The VA is the one place that I absolutely abide by the rules. I don't even carry a pocket knife in that place.

Other than that there really isn't any place that my wife and I go. We're both on diets so we rarely ever go out to eat. We get our groceries delivered. If we need something from the store I pick it up on my way home from the gym or the VA.

So this question has almost become moot for us

Last edited:
^^^^^^ I got into this whole post above and I forgot the main thing that I was going to say.

When I'm at home and for the day I wear a pajama bottoms and a t-shirt. So I'm not wearing a belt so I don't actually "carry" at home but I do have a gun with an arm's length at all times

Back