testtest

Do you ever just want to give up?

I am so very sorry, I can’t imagine what you’re going through. All I can say is Time is precious. I know it’s hard but focus on the blessings you have. Remember all the great times you have had together and each day you wake recognize how blessed you are to have another moment with them. Make the most of it.
They need you now more than ever.

Yah, lotta days I wanna just give up, but I have to remember that most of the stuff that annoys me (and it always seems to happen five or six things in a row) doesn't amount to a pinch of zhit in the grand scheme of things; that overall I've been VERY blessed and I have to thank God (again) for all the good things in my life--past, present, and future.
Wedding morning. Im sitting under my tree, thinking of this date,1971- running ambushes in Nam. That stuff never leaves you

I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes, life's weight seems too much to carry. Hang in there and try to keep a positive attitude and a sense of humor. My wife passed away from ALS 3+ years ago. I was her sole caregiver for 4 years even though I was on a walker with 2 bad knees. I too made that promise to care for her and I kept it to the end. My advice to you is to get that knee replaced as soon as you can. It will make your life a lot easier as well as your ability to cope with her health. We are praying for you brother.

Hi,

Life is tough and i am very sorry for even posting this but i need to vent or something.

My poor wife has dementia pretty bad, i have to do everything, yesterday i found out i need knee surgery and it's scheduled for April 12th. and today i took my poor old dog to the vet and she has heartworms. if i would have kept her on the heartworm meds in the winter she would be fine. it's my fault. so she has to take all these treatments and her age they may not be able to do it.

Think i'm going to ask the doc if he can keep me knocked out until the world is a better place. but i gotta keep goin, i made a vow 40 years ago to my wife, for better or for worse or until death do us part and by gosh i'm keein that vow.. gotta keep strong for my dog too. all these meds we take are going to run together. my minds not sharp as it used to be.

Thanks for reading and again i apologize, i know i shouldn't even burdon anyone. i'm gonna keep the kids and grandkids busy while i'm down with the knee.

Prayers for strength, peace, hope, and joy for you and yours. "Weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning."

I admire your dedication. You're a good man.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Life is tough and i am very sorry for even posting this but i need to vent or something.

My poor wife has dementia pretty bad, i have to do everything, yesterday i found out i need knee surgery and it's scheduled for April 12th. and today i took my poor old dog to the vet and she has heartworms. if i would have kept her on the heartworm meds in the winter she would be fine. it's my fault. so she has to take all these treatments and her age they may not be able to do it.

Think i'm going to ask the doc if he can keep me knocked out until the world is a better place. but i gotta keep goin, i made a vow 40 years ago to my wife, for better or for worse or until death do us part and by gosh i'm keein that vow.. gotta keep strong for my dog too. all these meds we take are going to run together. my minds not sharp as it used to be.

Thanks for reading and again i apologize, i know i shouldn't even burdon anyone. i'm gonna keep the kids and grandkids busy while i'm down with the knee.
I hear ya @Belt Fed, sometimes it feels like it's over the top. We're here for you anytime. Talk it out, shout it out, just get it out like you did here ... and then you can breathe again.

She's glad to be home

20240313_180634.jpg

Belt Fed- No way are you a burden to anyone on this forum! You are a valued member and friend on this forum. We've all got your 6 anytime you need us. Thoughts and prayers for you, your wife, and happy to see your dog made it home. Also know that knee surgery is nowhere near as debilitating as it once was. Have several friends and relatives who had it done in the last couple of years, walking the next day, and short recovery time. Their comments about it were only to wish they had done it sooner. Stay strong and positive, it will get you through this. We're all here for you when needed!

Back