testtest

Do you own a Hi-Pt firearm?

No way would I own a Hi-Point. I suppose they exist so poor people can own a firearm.

A lot of Hi-Points are sold every year and not just to folks to don't have a lot of money. I consider people who buy a Hi-Point as frugal and knowledgeable. They aren't looking for pretty and effective, just effective. The fact is a 9mm bullet coming from a Hi-Point is just as effective as a 9mm bullet coming from a Sig or Beretta.

A lot of Hi-Points are sold every year and not just to folks to don't have a lot of money. I consider people who buy a Hi-Point as frugal and knowledgeable. They aren't looking for pretty and effective, just effective. The fact is a 9mm bullet coming from a Hi-Point is just as effective as a 9mm bullet coming from a Sig or Beretta.
If it fires ...😉

I purchased a Hi-Point carbine in .40 S&W about five years ago. I've put over several thousand rounds through it without a hiccup. I didn't buy it based on price, I bought it because it looked like it would be fun to shot and I wasn't disappointed. I'm considering purchasing a second one in 10mm and I expect it will as dependable as the first one.

Me, I own 6 of them. They take a lot of bashing. A lot of people do not like them. Cheap, unreliable, heavy and just too big. Then again, a lot of people like them, me included. I really like my .40 and .45. But, I really like my 9 carbine. Now, that is one nice rifle in my opinion. Shoots dead on and I have not had the first hiccup out of it. Hi-Pt probably has the best customer service dept. of any gun manufacturer. There guns come with a life time warranty. If you have a part that fails, they will ship you a new part. I have removed all mag disconnect safeties and replaced all sear springs (MCARBO). I really like my Hi-Pts. Do you own one?

Don't pay any attention to the haters

Because of the price point, I think a lot of gun enthusiasts mistakenly put the Hi-Point in the same category as the Davis, Bryco, Sterling, Jennings, etc. Those that do are completely wrong. I own some of those “Saturday Night Specials” and I wouldn’t trust my life with any of them. I would trust a Hi-Point. Hi-Points are ugly and built like a tank but they are reliable, accurate, and go bang when you pull the trigger. Like a Timex watch, they can take a licking and still keep ticking.

This was at my shooting range/gun store yesterday. Non-member price of $169.95 for the Hi-Point vs. the Kimber above it for $1049.95. Do you think it matters to a criminal which gun he is shot with? If it weren't for the fact that I am 75 years old and actually downsizing my gun collection, I would have bought it just on general principles.

20210309_112921_1.jpg

I owned a Hi-Point .45ACP many moons ago. It was about the most cumbersome and non-ergonomic handgun I've ever owned, but it never failed to fire in the five years or so that I owned it. Ended up giving it to my sister for home defense, she still has it.

Because of the price point, I think a lot of gun enthusiasts mistakenly put the Hi-Point in the same category as the Davis, Bryco, Sterling, Jennings, etc. Those that do are completely wrong. I own some of those “Saturday Night Specials” and I wouldn’t trust my life with any of them. I would trust a Hi-Point. Hi-Points are ugly and built like a tank but they are reliable, accurate, and go bang when you pull the trigger. Like a Timex watch, they can take a licking and still keep ticking.

This was at my shooting range/gun store yesterday. Non-member price of $169.95 for the Hi-Point vs. the Kimber above it for $1049.95. Do you think it matters to a criminal which gun he is shot with? If it weren't for the fact that I am 75 years old and actually downsizing my gun collection, I would have bought it just on general principles.

View attachment 15800
Ugly is an understatement. Even Communist Russia prob rolls their eyes on the looks of the Hi Pt.

I had to post this video of Hi-Points having their barrels intentionally plugged with various substances including concrete to see if they would fire. Watching Demolition Ranch videos is like watching a train wreck, I can't look away.

I had to post this video of Hi-Points having their barrels intentionally plugged with various substances including concrete to see if they would fire. Watching Demolition Ranch videos is like watching a train wreck, I can't look away.
May want to try again after degreasing barrels 1st for different results?

Removing the mag disconnect safety allows me to dry fire it. That's all. It's removal does not affect any safety feature. So there!!!
With all due respect buddy, the mag disconnect is not designed to prevent the owner from dry firing the gun although it does perform that function as an aside. The intended design is to prevent the unintended discharge of a cartridge remaining in the chamber even when the mag has been dropped. I'm pretty sure you'd agree that has some real merit.

There are many folks who can hold a semi-auto pistol and never realize that simply dropping the mag does not in itself ensure a gun is not loaded. I'm not intending to insult you nor embarrass you, but believing anything less than the real intended purpose of that disconnect can be disastrous. Just something to think about. Likely you are gun savvy enough to understand this, but there are some who won't. Please be careful !!! (y) (y) (y) :)

Edit: Your gun of choice, including HP's, is your decision based on your personal preferences and experiences. Some folks on here might seem to jump pretty hard pretty quick, but realize most are in all seriousness for safety and little to nothing they say is personal. And some of us may even speak out a little before we think about what is really the right thing to say.

Last edited:
When I think Hi Pt, all I can think of is folks bought Pinto’s and Pontiac Aztek’s, so I guess theres always a market for something

Back