testtest

Drama Next Door

Be careful of getting yourself into a bad situation. Also your only hearing one side of a story from a person you barely know. Do your homework to why this woman is his ex wife and the ultimate reason for her red flag petition as there are plenty of examples of manipulative spouses screwing over an ex by unlawfully using the law as a weapon. She seems rather aggressive to go after you after what was an alleged a traumatic experience for her.

Pretty face's have ruined a lot of well intentioned men throughout history, especially when the tears are turned on.

Be careful of getting yourself into a bad situation. Also your only hearing one side of a story from a person you barely know. Do your homework to why this woman is his ex wife and the ultimate reason for her red flag petition as there are plenty of examples of manipulative spouses screwing over an ex by unlawfully using the law as a weapon. She seems rather aggressive to go after you after what was an alleged a traumatic experience for her.

Pretty face's have ruined a lot of well intentioned men throughout history, especially when the tears are turned on.
A2CD4D95-95B4-4A87-9E90-C5CE708E362E.gif

That just sounds all kinds of bad.
“I was happy to help you in the moment, but that is as far as my involvement goes. Please do not contact me again.”
I know that sounds harsh, but dang man she already opened the can of worms, don’t get set on the hook.
I sure as hell wouldn’t be answering my door.

I have no worries.
Key, I’ve “known” you on this board for a while now, so I’ll go ahead and say exactly what came straight to mind when I read your ‘no worries’ comment:
The fact that you “have no worries” is worrisome in and of itself. Because you OUGHT TO HAVE.

I suggest simply not replying to her last Thank You text and leave it at that.
Also, bear in mind that at least one cop doesn’t like you very much, never mind the deputy (who won’t be involved if you ever run into that cop again).
Not trying to get in your biz, but just sayin’.

Key, I’ve “known” you on this board for a while now, so I’ll go ahead and say exactly what came straight to mind when I read your ‘no worries’ comment:
The fact that you “have no worries” is worrisome in and of itself. Because you OUGHT TO HAVE.

I suggest simply not replying to her last Thank You text and leave it at that.
Also, bear in mind that at least one cop doesn’t like you very much, never mind the deputy (who won’t be involved if you ever run into that cop again).
Not trying to get in your biz, but just sayin’.
I understand your concern and thank you. The officer I’m not worried about since on the road I’m a slow carful driver that does nothing to draw attention to myself. And I’m guessing he has no idea what I drive. I’ve also decided to not meet with the lady again, I will answer her text to “talk” but will be unavailable if she requests another meet up.
Let’s just say I’ve learned my lesson about Kentucky women.

That just sounds all kinds of bad.
“I was happy to help you in the moment, but that is as far as my involvement goes. Please do not contact me again.”
I know that sounds harsh, but dang man she already opened the can of worms, don’t get set on the hook.
I sure as hell wouldn’t be answering my door.
I advise being VERY careful with texts…
I work in Engineering for a hospital system. Was involved on the edges of a multi million dollar construction project back in 2018, and covered for our PM while he took a couple weeks vacation.
Some issues came up at proj closeout, and are now in litigation. I was asked a few questions by our general counsel, and got a surprise seeing transcripts of a couple of text threads between me and the contractor superintendent from that period. ( Fortunately they were all businesslike and my answers to him were correct).
But it was an eye opener to see my own (long forgotten) words right there in writing, and after at least two replacement phones since then…

(sorry for the long sidebar post)

I understand your concern and thank you. The officer I’m not worried about since on the road I’m a slow carful driver that does nothing to draw attention to myself. And I’m guessing he has no idea what I drive. I’ve also decided to not meet with the lady again, I will answer her text to “talk” but will be unavailable if she requests another meet up.
Let’s just say I’ve learned my lesson about Kentucky women.
Anytime bro - as always, be safe !

I advise being VERY careful with texts…
I work in Engineering for a hospital system. Was involved on the edges of a multi million dollar construction project back in 2018, and covered for our PM while he took a couple weeks vacation.
Some issues came up at proj closeout, and are now in litigation. I was asked a few questions by our general counsel, and got a surprise seeing transcripts of a couple of text threads between me and the contractor superintendent from that period. ( Fortunately they were all businesslike and my answers to him were correct).
But it was an eye opener to see my own (long forgotten) words right there in writing, and after at least two replacement phones since then…

(sorry for the long sidebar post)
Serious truth, Nothing ever goes away in the electronic communications age. People are being "cancelled" these days for using thier freedom of speech 10, 15 years ago.

My question is how is it that someone checks themselves into a rehab and their ex wife and some cops apparently have the authority to steal his guns ?
Could be wrong but the way I understand it, They go before a judge, say they are afraid and the new laws let's the judge, at his discretion and judgment, make a court order. Scary stuff, from what I understand anyone can do it to anyone.

Hopefully, there is a strong burden of proof required for such things, but not betting on it.

Last edited:
My question is how is it that someone checks themselves into a rehab and their ex wife and some cops apparently have the authority to steal his guns ?
Good question, I didn’t ask a lot of questions about what was going on about removing the guns as it was none of my business, my only guess is he was upfront with his direct family and a decision was made based on him having shared custody of his two young daughter’s that for their safety the guns be removed. I do believe there was something passed in Louisville and maybe Kentucky as a whole to remove guns temporarily due to mental crisis to avoid tragedies. Not a Red Flag law but a proactive safety initiative.

This is all speculation on my part.

Let me be very clear I DO NOT advocate the removal of guns for a petty vindictive reason however let’s all be realistic that one tragedy is to many when it comes to the danger of guns in the hands of a mentally ill individual and on a personal level I live literally next door and wouldn’t want to be subjected to the possibility of gun fire coming my way.

Last edited:
Good question, I didn’t ask a lot of questions about what was going on about removing the guns as it was none of my business, my only guess is he was upfront with his direct family and a decision was made based on him having shared custody of his two young daughter’s that for their safety the guns be removed. I do believe there was something passed in Louisville and maybe Kentucky as a whole to remove guns temporarily due to mental crisis to avoid tragedies. Not a Red Flag law but a proactive safety initiative.

This is all speculation on my part.

Let me be very clear I DO NOT advocate the removal of guns for a petty vindictive reason however let’s all be realistic that one tragedy is to many when it comes to the danger of guns in the hands of a mentally ill individual and on a personal level I live literally next door and wouldn’t want to be subjected to the possibility of gun fire coming my way.
All good and fine, but when you don’t require a court order it’s unconstitutional, period. Who is it that gets to arbitrarily decide someone should be forced to relinquish their constitutional rights ? I’m not talking about some guy who commits a crime with his guns or a crime that makes him a prohibited person.
Next thing you know some poor bastard who’s wife leaves him, taking his kids and his money with her, starts drinking to dull his pain and some cops show up and relieve him of his firearms.

Most of us aren’t really interested in bump stocks, “ Ghost guns” or FRT triggers, but I think we all agree banning them is a gross abuse of our rights. If this guy’s ex wife was afraid for the safety of her kids she should have went to a judge and been required to provide some evidence that supported her concern and got the judge to sign off on it.
So she fears for her kids and step one isn’t petitioning the court to remove these kids from a potentially dangerous situation ? Instead we call a sheriff and get his guns ? That’s ludicrous and totally unacceptable to me.

It is situations like this that have driven me to become cold toward my neighbors. I've lived in the same house for more than 20 years and still don't know the first names of my neighbors. I am friendly, wave hello, make small talk about my dogs but I keep my distance.
It is sad to live this way especially growing up in a place where we all had the keys to each other's houses. Something has changed. It may be me, society, or both that have changed. I do not trust many people.

Back