testtest

Drama Next Door

It is situations like this that have driven me to become cold toward my neighbors. I've lived in the same house for more than 20 years and still don't know the first names of my neighbors. I am friendly, wave hello, make small talk about my dogs but I keep my distance.
It is sad to live this way especially growing up in a place where we all had the keys to each other's houses. Something has changed. It may be me, society, or both that have changed. I do not trust many people.
Understandable and sad at the same time.

Here's the general understanding regarding those 'Red Flag' gun laws:

What are red flag laws?​

They are state laws that authorize courts to issue a special type of protection order, allowing the police to temporarily confiscate (note the word here... confiscate) firearms from people who are deemed by a judge to be a danger to themselves or to others. (does not require any kind of trial or hearing ... the judge decides for himself based on whatever supposed evidence is provided to him by those who want the guns 'confiscated)
Often, the request for the order will come from relatives or friends concerned about a loved one who owns one or more guns and has expressed suicidal thoughts or discussed shooting people (expressing suicidal thoughts or discussing shooting people is not a requirement). The authorities may also request an order. (again with little to no evidence)

How long the guns are taken away under these “extreme risk protection orders” depends on the circumstances, and can usually be extended only after another court hearing. The orders also bar the person they cover from purchasing guns.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Folks, I realize these in most cases are an honest attempt to prevent disasters. But they are so morally wrong in my view. I grew up believing in the constitution and my inalienable rights. Any way it's looked at these laws violate those rights.

The edits in parentheses above
(in red text) are my heartfelt beliefs. As much in favor as I am of reducing crime, especially gun crimes, I'm just as fervent about protecting our rights as American citizens.

These laws as provided and used in some cases can ... and are sometimes used for nothing more than revenge from vindictive friends, relatives, and others. And once tagged with a 'Red Flag' claim, a man/woman is 'marked' for life.

It's a sad, sad time in our country when these kinds of things happen to our freedoms. Hopefully at some point our society will get back to some semblance of normalcy and reasonableness. But it's up to us, the voters to make that happen.

Just this one man's opinion .................... !!!

All good information guys thank you. Before falling asleep I thought about everything and decided to not see her again, definitely don’t need any of those issues in my life.
In spite of the trouble that may come from helping out someone in need, it's still a good thing to do. You offered kindness and reassurance to a neighbor who needed it. The purpose of life is not to avoid trouble, but to do good where you can, even if it's just a little. Don't let everyone make you feel like you made a mistake. I have no interest in a world where no one is willing to stick their neck out to help people.

In spite of the trouble that may come from helping out someone in need, it's still a good thing to do. You offered kindness and reassurance to a neighbor who needed it. The purpose of life is not to avoid trouble, but to do good where you can, even if it's just a little. Don't let everyone make you feel like you made a mistake. I have no interest in a world where no one is willing to stick their neck out to help people.
Thank you for your support, honestly I don’t feel anyone told me I made a mistake helping this young lady, they offered their opinions and in doing so there support for me to ensure I stay safe.

I like your optimism.

Thank you for your support, honestly I don’t feel anyone told me I made a mistake helping this young lady, they offered their opinions and in doing so there support for me to ensure I stay safe.
I agree, good deeds remain good no matter how sideways they may go. Trust your gut, you always seem to have pretty good instincts from what I have read in your interactions here.

Hi,

Certainly, help the young lady if she needs it. But, at this point, any kind of relationship (even "friends") could become very inconvenient. You seem like a good guy, reasonable, with common sense. Just be sure to use it. ;) God bless.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Certainly, help the young lady if she needs it. But, at this point, any kind of relationship (even "friends") could become very inconvenient. You seem like a good guy, reasonable, with common sense. Just be sure to use it. ;) God bless.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
My compassion for people will never waver so I will do what I believe is appropriate, that being said I will definitely stay away from any form of a relationship.

@PunchySunshine if I’m not mistaken you are a respected female member on the forum and would appreciate your take on this situation.
:D
I know I'm soft as a tit...but really?...a woman?....damn yo
A woman I am not, but I listen to my wife. Does that make me a dog? Sometimes, but it usually means I'm being more mature than if I was left to my own devices.
Now, onto your situation if you still would like my advice:
RED FLAG

:D
I know I'm soft as a tit...but really?...a woman?....damn yo
A woman I am not, but I listen to my wife. Does that make me a bitch? Sometimes, but it usually means I'm being more mature than if I was left to my own devices.
Now, onto your situation if you still would like my advice:
RED FLAG
My apologies on the woman thought.
Thanks for your advice and maybe not so much a reg flag but my spider sense is flashing.

Back