testtest

Ear protection recommendations

Yeah, I was just pointing out the "nothing hotter than .357" leaves a lot to be determined. There are plenty of .357 hotter than 10mm, and plenty of 10mm hotter than .357-Mag....

A local private club range I am looking at says nothing bigger than .45, but is that .45 Auto, colt, 45-70..? Need specificity with rules. Fortunately this club follows that rule with "no bullets can exceed 1000ft-lbs muzzle energy", which opens the door to a lot of pretty powerful pistol calibers...
Yes, my club has additional rules regarding bullet types and loads on all 16 ranges to prevent damage. I didn't include them for the sake of brevity as the thread posted would be at least 16 pages longer. Safety and common sense dictate the rules for each range. Video surveillance of all ranges is in use and violators face penalties up to expulsion. "I didn't know" is no excuse as all new members are given a copy of club by-laws and rules for each range upon joining as well as rules for each range posted at that particular range. Violate them and your key card will not work until you appear before the board of directors for a hearing.

Last edited:
Back