testtest

Ear protection recommendations

I have custom molded plugs. I wear them sometimes when I am by myself. I have a pair of electronic Leights I wear most of the time. I can't imagine a reason to wear them both at the same time, but that's just me.
Let’s see, how about when some lunatic in the next lane is shooting an sbr with a muzzle brake spitting a 3 foot flame and a heart stopping concussion every time the gun goes off. Happened to me last week.

Let’s see, how about when some lunatic in the next lane is shooting an sbr with a muzzle brake spitting a 3 foot flame and a heart stopping concussion every time the gun goes off. Happened to me last week.
And the one pair of ear pro wasn't enough? I have shot an SBR with a muzzle brake. With my electronic muffs on. My ears didn't ring or anything. They worked just fine.

Like I said, just me. You guys do you.

my buddy would take his brothers AR to the range, under my membership, which meant we had to share 1 port.

that dang thing was so loud, i told him that if he wants "free" range time, to leave the AR at home....

now, he has a new job, been like 4-5 months now, so he goes to a range on his own.

1656543025010.png

Wonder who is the owner of these........:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

@KillerFord1977 any ideals.......:):):):)

I bought a pair of ISO-Tunes Sport electronic buds...supposed NRR 26, SNR 33, bluetooth 5.0, $130. They kind of suck. The rated NRR is better than most any pair of muffs, but my ears hurt when shooting indoors with them. Came with 4 different pairs of buds/eartips for fit, still not great with any of them. Box says less than 2 milliseconds for protection to start. And yes, I know how to turn them on and off, and turn the volume up and down, both tactical and audio (if used...I don't use or sync to my phone). My 30-year-old cheapo Browning muffs are MUCH better to shoot with.

The gunsmith at my LGS (where I bought them) told me to use the eartips that seem one size too big for comfort for max noise reduction. Made little noticeable difference when shooting 9 & 10mm indoors. Yes, I roll them to compress, insert, let them expand...

I know I'm in the minority, but I'll be damned if I spend good money after bad on electronic ear protection again.

Must be full moon. 🤦‍♂️

About a year ago I went to my usual indoor range and forgot my electronic ear muffs so I opted for just foam plugs, the guy to my right had some kind of cannon and after 3 shots I left. Lost about 20% of my hearing that day in my right ear. Never came back.
On May 18th I tested positive for Covid and got a severe sinus infection, within 3 days I lost about 85% of my total hearing due to fluid in my ears, the pressure was intense due to the fluid in my inner ear both left and right.
2 weeks ago I finally got an appointment at an ENT where both eardrums were pierced, fluid was drained and tubes installed.

I will NEVER take my hearing for granted or take chances without proper hearing protection ever again.

My left ear started ringing one night over 30 years ago. At some point every night for about 6 mos I seriously considered jumping off a tall building. Even to this day there is very little treatment that an ENT can offer for tinnitus. The noise in my left ear is so loud that if you were in the room with me I expect you could hear it, but my nervous system has adjusted and I've been able to get by. Like Keystone1925 said don't take your hearing for granted. If the sound is too loud coming from the next stall at the range, leave. Don't take chances that leads to hearing damage because you never really get back what you lost.

My left ear started ringing one night over 30 years ago. At some point every night for about 6 mos I seriously considered jumping off a tall building. Even to this day there is very little treatment that an ENT can offer for tinnitus. The noise in my left ear is so loud that if you were in the room with me I expect you could hear it, but my nervous system has adjusted and I've been able to get by. Like Keystone1925 said don't take your hearing for granted. If the sound is too loud coming from the next stall at the range, leave. Don't take chances that leads to hearing damage because you never really get back what you lost.
My left ear is about the same, I was rabbit hunting back in the 1980’s with my dad and brother in law, I was in the lead when one jumped out, my dumb*** brother in law pulled his shotgun up which was just over my left shoulder and fired. I got the full pressure and sound in my ear, inner ear damage, constant ring, spring and fall it plugs up due to allergies, nothing can be done with it, but I always wear ear protection and never take it for granted my hearing

My left ear is about the same, I was rabbit hunting back in the 1980’s with my dad and brother in law, I was in the lead when one jumped out, my dumb*** brother in law pulled his shotgun up which was just over my left shoulder and fired. I got the full pressure and sound in my ear, inner ear damage, constant ring, spring and fall it plugs up due to allergies, nothing can be done with it, but I always wear ear protection and never take it for granted my hearing
I am truely sorry! Being deaf is one thing, but having that constant noise in your ear is hard to bear. You young shooters, protect yourself at all times. Hearing damage is cumulative and when it becomes obvious it's too late.

I have this same problem. Sometimes it wakes me up it seems so loud.

Back