testtest

Easiest home defense gun on the ears

They'll never hear it coming.

View attachment 53442
I forgot to mention when I posted this that while you need shells for a gun you will need poison for your darts to make them most effective. Hence, you'll need a supply of these little creatures:
1709741608685.png

But before you rush out to your pet store this is a virtual video worth watching:

Second thought, I'll just risk losing my hearing!

I forgot to mention when I posted this that while you need shells for a gun you will need poison for your darts to make them most effective. Hence, you'll need a supply of these little creatures:
View attachment 53456
But before you rush out to your pet store this is a virtual video worth watching:

Second thought, I'll just risk losing my hearing!
Outrageous! Why can ordinary American citizens own Poison Frogs? Only the Police and the Military should have Poison Frogs! :eek: :oops:

Outrageous! Why can ordinary American citizens own Poison Frogs? Only the Police and the Military should have Poison Frogs! :eek: :oops:
Tragically, every year thousands of young toad lickers die from mistaking poison frogs for hallucinogenic toads, despite "Just say no to toad licking" programs in elementary schools. Mexican Poison Frog cartels persist in smuggling poison frogs across the uncontrolled Texas and Arizona borders as the frog poisonings continue to mount.
The Texas program of shipping huge terrariums of frogs to New York and Chicago has brought an outcry from the left. Frog Lives Matter activists have in protest hijacked truckloads of the frogs and released them into the rivers, lakes, and streams, sending them back to nature where they belong.

French chefs have offered to assist with a cuisses de grenouille festival but frog rights protestors have threatened a boycott.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1527040007621.jpg

I did irreparable damage to my ears the very first time I did this.

I take these hearing loss discussions very seriously because (like many here) I'm living with the results of not taking preventative measures.

my wife almost gave up on watching TV with me because I either had it so loud the neighbors could hear it or I had the captions on which bothered her to no end. Captions make it very hard to watch anything on TV because your trying to keep up with reading the dialog and watching the action.

It was almost impossible to have a conversation with (anyone really) my grand beasts

The people I worked with got really tired of repeating themselves to me. I frequently got in trouble for not answering radio calls. and using a telephone was impossible.

One of the coolest features on my hearing aids is that I can route my phone calls through them. I still hate talking on the phone but at least now I can hear who's pissing me off.

I even occasionally read posts from stupid people on the internet saying that they occasionally shoot without hearing protection to get their ears used to it.

Your ears don't get used to it, you just go Deaf

View attachment 53466
I did irreparable damage to my ears the very first time I did this.

I take these hearing loss discussions very seriously because (like many here) I'm living with the results of not taking preventative measures.

my wife almost gave up on watching TV with me because I either had it so loud the neighbors could hear it or I had the captions on which bothered her to no end. Captions make it very hard to watch anything on TV because your trying to keep up with reading the dialog and watching the action.

It was almost impossible to have a conversation with (anyone really) my grand beasts

The people I worked with got really tired of repeating themselves to me. I frequently got in trouble for not answering radio calls. and using a telephone was impossible.

One of the coolest features on my hearing aids is that I can route my phone calls through them. I still hate talking on the phone but at least now I can hear who's pissing me off.

I even occasionally read posts from stupid people on the internet saying that they occasionally shoot without hearing protection to get their ears used to it.

Your ears don't get used to it, you just go Deaf
Same at my house. I've gone through quite a few pairs of hearing aids over the past 35 years. The VA has been very good to me.

Tragically, every year thousands of young toad lickers die from mistaking poison frogs for hallucinogenic toads, despite "Just say no to toad licking" programs in elementary schools. Mexican Poison Frog cartels persist in smuggling poison frogs across the uncontrolled Texas and Arizona borders as the frog poisonings continue to mount.
The Texas program of shipping huge terrariums of frogs to New York and Chicago has brought an outcry from the left. Frog Lives Matter activists have in protest hijacked truckloads of the frogs and released them into the rivers, lakes, and streams, sending them back to nature where they belong.

French chefs have offered to assist with a cuisses de grenouille festival but frog rights protestors have threatened a boycott.

You didn't offend me.

To clarify the point that I was trying to make, my tinnitus is bad enough that I mistook the alarm for my ears ringing.
There wasn't any other causative factor.
And I realized, too late for the edit, that I didn't tell my story quite right.

My building's fire alarm (it was VERY loud, and it was a fire drill) just happened to be the exact same tone as the last note of Clarence Clemons' sax solo. My initial thought was, "MAN, that Clarence Clemons can really hold a note!" ;) :LOL:

If I’m in a situation where I have to fire a weapon at someone trying to kill me I’m going to have a bunch of other considerations before which weapon is quieter.
Keeping a purpose driven defensive weapon to protect you or your family is a good idea and so isn't protecting your overall health which includes your hearing. If the opportunity is there to do protect both then why not consider both?

I don't see any positive in just considering only protecting your life if there are ways to protect more without sacrificing your ability to defend yourself.

I think you may need to go suppressed. Possibly a 10/22?
Or...
View attachment 53443
Ya gotta love the Far Side stuff. What a hilarious bunch of comedy that Gary Larson I think it was used to create.

I'd stay with the 12 ga. Thats what I use for HD. Get a linear compensator/flash can at least 3 inches long. Send that blast in the direction of the intruder. (he'll be disorentented) as well as 9 big ole pellets. (00 Buck) Don't think you will notice the blast signature with the high level of adrenalin being released. With that load in a 12 gauge, 1 or 2 shots, only one side of the story will be told afterwords. If you use a pistol or revolver, you might want to practice to see how well you can place multiple shots on target. Adrenaline makes us do funny things. Thats a lot more input for your ears by the way.

Back