testtest

Easiest home defense gun on the ears

1709689525322.png

Electronic muffs. Keep a pair with the gun. I store my shotgun muzzle down and have the muffs over the butt. They are right there if I need the gun. If time doesn’t allow use of them, they are easily brushed out of the way.

The enhanced hearing part of it should be good to have also.

There is no legal muzzle device that will reduce the decibel level besides a suppressor. There are muzzle devices that will help project the sound in a different direction like a blast can but it will do nothing to reduce sound.

An underpowered option, but still a lethal option would be .22lr CCI Quiet semi auto ammo for a mostly hearing safe round.
A lot of semi autos won’t cycle CCI Quiet. Not to mention that .22lr is a **** poor choice for home defense. We all know it, even though someone’s going to chime in otherwise.

I was actually sitting at work one day when a fault alarm sounded on the fire alarm control panel. After a minute my coworker looked at me and asked "Do you not hear that alarm?" I told him I thought is was my tinnitus. (Tru story bro).
I was at work one day listening to Springsteen through Bose noise-cancelling headphones--I think the song might have been "Badlands"--when the fire alarm went off. Before I figured out that's what was happening, I had the thought, "Wow, I never noticed it before, but Clarence Clemons is REALLY wailing on the sax solo on this one!" :oops: :LOL:

I was at work one day listening to Springsteen through Bose noise-cancelling headphones--I think the song might have been "Badlands"--when the fire alarm went off. Before I figured out that's what was happening, I had the thought, "Wow, I never noticed it before, but Clarence Clemons is REALLY wailing on the sax solo on this one!" :oops: :LOL:
I think you misunderstood my post

A lot of semi autos won’t cycle CCI Quiet. Not to mention that .22lr is a **** poor choice for home defense. We all know it, even though someone’s going to chime in otherwise.
CCI Quiet semi auto is specifically made for semi autos. I shoot both types of CCI Quiet including the segmented rounds.

I also do agree that any 22lr is underpowered but it still is an option.

well i have a few different ones ready. I have a Mossberg 590 ready.
Agreed. Love my Mariner version 590 put prolly 400-500 rounds at least thru it last yr to ingrain muscle memory for the pump action under stress.

Like Hayes said, the noise will not be ur issue if ur gonna use it that way. Also, ur gonna experience tachpsychia & other psychological symptoms that’ll change how you perceive that event. Be worth a google look maybe.

If I’m in a situation where I have to fire a weapon at someone trying to kill me I’m going to have a bunch of other considerations before which weapon is quieter.
Keeping a purpose driven defensive weapon to protect you or your family is a good idea and so isn't protecting your overall health which includes your hearing. If the opportunity is there to do protect both then why not consider both?

I don't see any positive in just considering only protecting your life if there are ways to protect more without sacrificing your ability to defend yourself.

Back