testtest

EDC at Home

If I am putting my wallet in my pocket, at the very least, I drop a Ruger LCP into my pocket, in the Desantis pocket holster it lives in. I have rifles and better handguns around the house, but don't honestly expect to ever need them. I keep my XDM next to the bed, so its always available at night, or carried OWB/IWB if leaving the house.

When I still lived in my home , I wore a belly band and kept my handgun on me all the time I was a wake. Not concealed either. Now since I moved into this apartment I have one at hand nearby all the time. I will put my NAA .22 LR in my pocket when I walk down the hallway to get my mail or to do laundry.

Once I get dressed I attach my holster and carry all day until I go to bed. My carry gun then goes on it's shelf until the morning and I am currently using a S&W Pro Series full size with light on the nightstand. I was late to the carry world but when my license arrived I committed to carrying everyday except when at work.

Quick question: I dont carry at my house because I have three german shepherds, am I making a mistake? I am usually within 50 feet of a weapon, but should I carry anyway in your opinions?

My opinion is yes you should. 3 quick shots and the 4 legged defenders could be out of action and while 50 feet sounds close you are talking about a hair over 15 yards.

I keep wearing till I change into bedtime clothes, at which point the EDC goes in the safe. The tactical 12ga is bedside, with 2 dogs between us and the rest of the house.

If I'm up and about, I wear/carry. If I'm down for the night, it goes in the safe. Those are the only two places it lives - hip, or safe. Never left laying around anywhere.

It's in the safe. I have no reason to carry in the house. I am not in that type of area. If there ever was a "problem", I would hope the dogs would make them think twice. By that time, I would have what I need in my hand.

Quick question: I dont carry at my house because I have three german shepherds, am I making a mistake? I am usually within 50 feet of a weapon, but should I carry anyway in your opinions?
I am in and out when at home so it makes it much easier from the on/off standpoint. After about a week you don't even notice you are carrying. When not at work it now seems odd to be unarmed. As I said earlier I was late to the game (2016) and I have adapted to carrying all the time. Nobody can tell you if you should or shouldn't it's all about you and your viewpoint. If you are curious try it a for a few days.

As our current crisis continues to worsen not only do I carry at home I now have 3 in specific locations for the wife who doesn't carry at home. BTW...Special Thanks again to whomever mentioned having heading protection as part of home defense...wife and I each have Walked muffs on our nightstand.

Back