testtest

EDC for three years now

Yes, but in your home it must rise to the point of intent to commit a felony AND inflict bodily harm.
well as told to us in ccw class, by the lawyer, we can use deadly force, IF we feel that our lives are in imminent danger (or we feared for our lives)

i think at one time, in MA, you still had to retreat to a safe room, of leave your house...i don't know if that's still the case.

While you don’t have a duty to retreat in most states and castle doctrine applies to your dwelling, if go outside and confront them and fire “warning shots” then you are now shifting the responsibility to yourself.

The best action in that circumstance is to call 911 and take defensive positions inside the house. If they try to breach the house, then you’re justified in using deadly force.

At the top of the page a while ago, there was indeed something about the thread being moderated or edited by mods or some such…
Maybe some other posts were taken down due to verbiage - we don’t always realize how our own words ‘read’ to someone else 😉

But yes, to leave a safe space (as pertains to the moment) in order to knowingly go to the danger generally voids your right to the use of deadly force, and your right to threaten to use such.

I now think that tale was just a trolling effort….
The OP's post had some stuff in it that could have been viewed as product advertising, so the material that may have been product advertising was removed as it did not change the main context of the original post. No wording of the OP's post was changed.

Last edited:
At the top of the page a while ago, there was indeed something about the thread being moderated or edited by mods or some such…
Maybe some other posts were taken down due to verbiage - we don’t always realize how our own words ‘read’ to someone else 😉

But yes, to leave a safe space (as pertains to the moment) in order to knowingly go to the danger generally voids your right to the use of deadly force, and your right to threaten to use such.

I now think that tale was just a trolling effort….
No it doesn't. That's the same as saying if someone is ransacking your garage you are not allowed to go out and try to stop them. That's ridiculous and absolutely you going to protect YOUR property does NOT invalidate your use of deadly force, should your life be threatened. A while back there was a rash of hood rats coming out to the burbs and breaking into cars. Several people confronted some of these A holes. There were multiple instances where the perps pulled out guns after being yelled at to get out by the car owners. A couple of the car owners even exchanged gunfire with these guys. There were no charges filed and our sheriff made a point to remind people that you cannot shoot someone for breaking into your car, but if those people pull out guns when you confront them you are allowed to meet force with force. At least in the free states.

That said, we all know and almost universally agree that should you be the victim of a home invasion, tactically the best reaction is to get your family into a room and stay put, call 911 and be prepared to use deadly force if necessary. That doesn't mean however that you are not allowed to leave the safety of your room to protect your property and if you do you just gotta let the guy kill you. Frankly I cant even believe all you guys think that. It's kinda shocking.

Really!!!
He admitted he shot at the ground in front of them, reckless discharge of a firearm for starters.
Does he even know where those bullets went??
You are responsible for those bullets that leave your weapon.
I suppose he could use the excuse that biden told him to shoot at a offenders knees and he just sucks as a marksman.
Someone was coming at him with a crowbar. He could have shot him in the head and been justified. Isn’t that a little more reckless endangerment than shooting the ground? By your way of thinking there is no legal means for even carrying a gun for self defense. Much less considering stand your ground or castle law.

Maybe all you guys just live in states that restrict your ability to defend yourself. If not maybe take a CCW class. They cover all this stuff.

This is from a firearms training facility near me.

Consequences​

Your location generally determines what happens if you fire a gun into the ground. Suppose you’re outdoors and the shot is fired onto concrete. In that case, the bullets could ricochet in various directions, including at a person, animal, or someone’s car or home. Another example is shooting a gun at the ground in a house, apartment, or office building. The bullet could go into another room below, putting others at risk.

This type of action could also lead to legal consequences, including jail. Even if you negligently discharge your gun at the ground, you could face serious legal consequences if you harm a person or damage someone’s property. Therefore, it would be best to avoid firing any shot into the ground.

Maybe your CCW class teaches differently.

In my state the driveway, vehicles and home are all covered and if a neighbor is on vacation and has specifically asked me to watch his property that is also included. Having said that brandishing, warning shots, wounding shots, and terminal shots can all be viewed the same. In my state the crowbar did serve as a threat of deadly force which is a precursor for deadly force but doesn't necessarily allow deadly force. Finding the specific terms we might use are hard to find or even used in the statutes. If I would go outside; my wife would have called 911 prior and given a description of of me and what to expect. Stop, get on the ground would have been my only communication. If I had, the phrase warning shots wouldn't have passed my lips. The weapon discharge will be viewed differently based on the municipality size. While my state is very liberal with individual firearm rights they are not afraid to drill down the gray area and aren't afraid to charge if they feel warranted.

Are you going to face charges for recklessly discharging your firearm? Are you familiar with the 21 foot rule. If you were in fear for your lives you should have ended theirs. And you say they approached you and then you say you were very happy they did not approach you. Are the police aware you fired not one but three shots?
Yes yes And yes as a responsible gun owner i did not feel the need to shoot a child. they were 10ft awayand and i explaind to law enforcement i did fire warning shots. because they were on my property with video footage if i would had hit one of them if would had been a jusifiable shooting. With that said we are still very happy we did not have to shot a child and i am sure their parents are too. Have a great day.

I’m reluctant to even comment on this but here goes anyway….

Your response of going “out the front door with pistols at the ready” when, at that moment, you were safe inside the non-garage part of your home was NOT a self-defense action. It was a confrontational act.
I do realize the almost natural urge we all have to protect what’s ours, but…that ain’t the law, fella.

I see nothing in your post about hitting 911 on your phone. I assume that happened afterwards? And the cops didn’t do anything about you firing shots? Just took fingerprints?!?

Sorry, I’m not buying this tale. Post a police report number, please.
We have ADT it sends a direct call to the police witch the respones time was 3 minuts

This is from a firearms training facility near me.

Consequences​

Your location generally determines what happens if you fire a gun into the ground. Suppose you’re outdoors and the shot is fired onto concrete. In that case, the bullets could ricochet in various directions, including at a person, animal, or someone’s car or home. Another example is shooting a gun at the ground in a house, apartment, or office building. The bullet could go into another room below, putting others at risk.

This type of action could also lead to legal consequences, including jail. Even if you negligently discharge your gun at the ground, you could face serious legal consequences if you harm a person or damage someone’s property. Therefore, it would be best to avoid firing any shot into the ground.

Maybe your CCW class teaches differently.
Dude, I assume you can read. It’s not a case of someone just shooting into the ground for no reason IT WAS A SELF DEFENSE SITUATION. Again, for like the 5th time in this thread I’ll spell it out for you. Using your logic every self defense shooting is reckless endangerment. We are not arguing what would have been the smart move for the OP ( though personally now I’d like to hear your version) we are arguing legality. You have the right to confront people breaking into your buildings. And if you do, you better be armed or you’re an idiot. And if at some point during the confrontation someone starts threatening you with a GD crowbar you are allowed to defend yourself. In a free state anyway.

F yeah my CCW class teaches differently.

Back