testtest

Environmental Awareness

Just wondering. My wife has family in the Louisville area, but they are mostly situated around the Bullitt County (a ways from downtown Louisville) and the Okolona areas.
Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s north/east of urban Louisville and the shootings are happening in the south/west areas.

Nope always back against the wall for me with my head on a swivel.
It bothers me on the rear occasion that I get seated in the middle of a restaurant. I always make sure of what furniture is directly behind me that can be an obstacle.

And I get that and understand but I don’t live in those other places so my concern is what is close to me. Let me be clear about something, living in Connecticut for 54 years we had maybe 1-2 shooting deaths in a month not every day.

Well, it was meant to be a joke dude. I live in St. Louis. By St. Louis standards ( Number one in the country in murders per capita for many years in a row now) those are rookie numbers. I understand you are only concerned with things that concern you. There's lots of people on this board though. I was shot at while doing my job twice in the last year and I wear a vest while I work. So lighten up.

Strange I had a double post earlier. The site kept telling me to wait 30 seconds and try again. I got a "something went wrong" and it wouldn't let me post....

Guess it did 😂🤣

Well, it was meant to be a joke dude. I live in St. Louis. By St. Louis standards ( Number one in the country in murders per capita for many years in a row now) those are rookie numbers. I understand you are only concerned with things that concern you. There's lots of people on this board though. I was shot at while doing my job twice in the last year and I wear a vest while I work. So lighten up.
I used to work in St Ann and lived in Ferguson a lifetime ago. Back when Northwest Plaza was a huge outdoor mall. Mid 80's East St. Louis had no cops, fire dept or sanitation service. It was like East Beirut....

I used to work in St Ann and lived in Ferguson a lifetime ago. Back when Northwest Plaza was a huge outdoor mall. Mid 80's East St. Louis had no cops, fire dept or sanitation service. It was like East Beirut....

Northwest plaza, like every mall that had a ghetto train line run to it, no longer exists. The animals started coming en masse and running rampant through them.

There are a few decent neighborhoods in St. Ann. Mostly it's a ****hole like the rest of north county. There's actually a decent side to Ferguson too. I was working on W. Florrisant about a mile from ground zero when it went richter.

E. St. Louis has been worse than Beirut as long as I've been alive. The bars in Sauget were/are entertaining. I got in a lot of fights over there. There and Brooklyn are about the only places you can be white and at least have a chance not to get shot at.

My best friend was stationed at Scott ( he was in the Navy) and was murdered in East St. Louis in 2003 by three ****heads, 15, 16 and 18 years old. For $4.

A joke? Well I’m sorry dude I don’t find people dying funny and I wasn’t trying to say I was only concerned about what directly affects me so please don’t put words in my mouth. After going back and reading my post in NO WAY did I say the murder rate by firearms in Louisville was the highest in the nation I was stating a concern about the city/state I currently live in.

A joke? Well I’m sorry dude I don’t find people dying funny and I wasn’t trying to say I was only concerned about what directly affects me so please don’t put words in my mouth. After going back and reading my post in NO WAY did I say the murder rate by firearms in Louisville was the highest in the nation I was stating a concern about the city/state I currently live in.

No one said you did man. I simply made a joke. And I'll do that. You know why, because it's a GD internet forum.

When you are not LEO and you have to wear a vest to work, you've been shot at 4 times in the last 8 years and a couple of your buddies were murdered on a job YOU were supposed to be on, I figure I have the right to make a little joke about the murder epidemic in Louisville. The good news is as long as you are properly trained and pay the government a yearly license fee, you are allowed to protect yourself. ;-)

Back