testtest

Environmental Awareness

More then usual for me, recently been having car break ins around me, er, should say idiots leaving there cars unlocked. So I have been very vigilant as of lately .

More then usual for me, recently been having car break ins around me, er, should say idiots leaving there cars unlocked. So I have been very vigilant as of lately .
That's terrible!
A lot of the police in different cities are trying to avoid public contact because of Covid-19 and having this coupled with the high unemployment rate these criminals are getting desperate and are looking for easy targets.

Great post 10mmlife!! This type of situational awareness thinking is something I’ve been doing for years now, it started for me living in Texas when it was obvious that when traveling between cities you were on the road for hours and if something happened you were on your own with law enforcement response time in many areas close to 15-20 minutes.
Currently I practice everything you mentioned.
Allowing distance in traffic sometimes a car length even at traffic lights.
Never have my back to the door.
Always know the exits.
The side mirrors will auto fold on my truck when I engage park and I realized the other day when waiting outside for my lady to pickup a prescription that I couldn’t see anyone coming up on the sides of the truck. I’ve made adjustments to that.
The way we go about are daily lives have changed and it has highlighted the need to increase our vigilance in staying safe.

I am seeing things on the news about increased car break ins. The usual wack job spitting on food in the grocery store. I read a Dollar Tree store and a gas station were robbed at gun point by the same two idiots (20 and a 21 year olds) a few weeks back. (Yup, our gun laws really work) They caught them and they said they were taking advantage of the current masking situation. I am reading more of that is happening in the area.

Although I don't personally see this type of behavior, I know it is out there (more than usual). Yes, I am in a heightened state of awareness with everything I do now.

How many of you have been on higher alert since the shutdowns and panic buying?

I’ve maybe shifted from “yellow” to “amber” when out & about...but not all the way “orange”.

One thing that does get my extra scrutiny? The masks/bandannas/gaiters with the “joker”, “skull” or “reaper”, etc. prints. Anyone wearing one gets pegged as a higher threat...because far too many wannabe bada** boys are fond of them.

This is why my masks have bright dinosaur prints...you gotta look close to see they’re all carnivores.;)

I’ve maybe shifted from “yellow” to “amber” when out & about...but not all the way “orange”.

One thing that does get my extra scrutiny? The masks/bandannas/gaiters with the “joker”, “skull” or “reaper”, etc. prints. Anyone wearing one gets pegged as a higher threat...because far too many wannabe bada** boys are fond of them.

This is why my masks have bright dinosaur prints...you gotta look close to see they’re all carnivores.;)
My mask is Stars and Stripes but it is very interesting getting the “look” as to having one on. Still seeing many including older people without one

Great post 10mmlife!! This type of situational awareness thinking is something I’ve been doing for years now, it started for me living in Texas when it was obvious that when traveling between cities you were on the road for hours and if something happened you were on your own with law enforcement response time in many areas close to 15-20 minutes.
Currently I practice everything you mentioned.
Allowing distance in traffic sometimes a car length even at traffic lights.
Never have my back to the door.
Always know the exits.
The side mirrors will auto fold on my truck when I engage park and I realized the other day when waiting outside for my lady to pickup a prescription that I couldn’t see anyone coming up on the sides of the truck. I’ve made adjustments to that.
The way we go about are daily lives have changed and it has highlighted the need to increase our vigilance in staying safe.
Vehicles can leave us very vulnerable especially while stopped or sitting parked. Too many blind spots and sometimes outside distractions can cause us to lose focus of our surroundings. Trying to pulled your concealed carry while sitting in a vehicle is definitely a lot slower then while standing free. Not only that but you become very limited on where you can aim being inside such a confined space.

People around here are wearing a multitude of face coverings, ranging from medical masks, paper dust masks, pull-up neck gaiters (that's what we're using), bandanas, and even seen a couple folks wearing painting respirators. And, also, still lots of folks w/o masks.

Last edited:
I am seeing things on the news about increased car break ins. The usual wack job spitting on food in the grocery store. I read a Dollar Tree store and a gas station were robbed at gun point by the same two idiots (20 and a 21 year olds) a few weeks back. (Yup, our gun laws really work) They caught them and they said they were taking advantage of the current masking situation. I am reading more of that is happening in the area.

Although I don't personally see this type of behavior, I know it is out there (more than usual). Yes, I am in a heightened state of awareness with everything I do now.
The logic is so skewed with politicians implementing tough restrictions on law abiding citizens and the criminals are being set free without harsh penalties to just victimize innocent people again and again.

That's a good way to look at things Hans. There is a certain element of people that want to look & act like a badazz and who will take more of a risk in public to rob someone or just be violent because they have a mask on. A recent example is the douches from Antifa who would attack people in broad daylight while they are with numbers and masked to cover their identity.

That's a good way to look at things Hans. There is a certain element of people that want to look & act like a badazz and who will take more of a risk in public to rob someone or just be violent because they have a mask on. A recent example is the douches from Antifa who would attack people in broad daylight while they are with numbers and masked to cover their identity.

It’s not all on the left; you’ve also got the plate-carrier ensconced “boogaloo cosplay” schmucks who think they’re operators...they worry me a lot more.

They want something to happen...

It’s not all on the left; you’ve also got the plate-carrier ensconced “boogaloo cosplay” schmucks who think they’re operators...they worry me a lot more.

They want something to happen...
Totally hear you there!
Definitely no shortage of wannabe operators. I've met a few of these idiots who think they will be the top tier survivors in the event of something major even though they have zero skill, athletic ability, or even general survival instinct.
I think some people just need a hobby.

Last edited:
Good topic @10mmLife and some good post. At any eating establishment I always face the door, I will check for all the exits as well, especially when I’m with my family. When stopped in my vehicle I, as others leave room. When I leave work I am in a rough part of town for a small amount of time. I drive a 4 door truck and car. I stay on the outside lanes to not be “stuck” in the middle lane. I have planned out that I would get out and have my engine/front of vehicle and driver door as my barricade for the front. I would open the back door and have the bed or trunk as my barricade for anything behind me. There has been several shootings in that area...🙄.
My first line of defense is to get out, if possible of course. I have seen, in my part of area of work guys traveling in groups, not working solo.
As others have said about the bandanas I’m surprised I haven’t heard of them using those as a “cover” to rob someone. You have to keep your head on a swivel, always know where your cover is.

Good topic @10mmLife and some good post. At any eating establishment I always face the door, I will check for all the exits as well, especially when I’m with my family. When stopped in my vehicle I, as others leave room. When I leave work I am in a rough part of town for a small amount of time. I drive a 4 door truck and car. I stay on the outside lanes to not be “stuck” in the middle lane. I have planned out that I would get out and have my engine/front of vehicle and driver door as my barricade for the front. I would open the back door and have the bed or trunk as my barricade for anything behind me. There has been several shootings in that area...🙄.
My first line of defense is to get out, if possible of course. I have seen, in my part of area of work guys traveling in groups, not working solo.
As others have said about the bandanas I’m surprised I haven’t heard of them using those as a “cover” to rob someone. You have to keep your head on a swivel, always know where your cover is.
Good insight stay vigilant!

Nice read from everyone.
As me After being in the Military for a long time It becomes you , Habits and such . My wife still gets on me for being to busy checking everything around us at all times. And I never sit anywhere with my back to the door .

Back