testtest

Firearm for wheelchair person

Thanks it was a once in a lifetime time hunt. I took seven animals. I love to hunt, I’m 68 and took my first turkey two years ago. I enjoy shooting and all outdoors.
That's fantastic Randy. You're more active and on the go then me. Just goes to prove there are no limitations when it comes to any individual. Keep it up and maybe I'll even get up to that level, as I'm only 64 and have 4 years to "catch up" ;):sneaky:

BET7 I was 17 when I broke my neck but have never let it slow me down. I retired from the Poplar Bluff, Mo PD after 36 years as a commutation office, been married 40 years. Life is what we make it. The attached is my turkey
9203ECCE-DE42-4E6F-8E53-CD26A3E9B67A.jpeg

Beautiful Randy, nice bird (I think I'd be able to get the one on the left even though I'm not a hunter. "why isn't it moving" 🤨). Your story is very inspiring, and you should be proud (and I'm sure you are), that it hasn't kept you down, nor stopped you from achieving your goals in life. Keep it up Randy. 👏

I was talking about this thread on my podcast today, starts around 20 minutes. Feel free to watch the whole thing, I'm talking about gun free zones and gun laws. There's a dead spot around 13 minutes and lasts about 3 minutes, the profile switched and I had to get it set back.

I was talking about this thread on my podcast today, starts around 20 minutes. Feel free to watch the whole thing, I'm talking about gun free zones and gun laws. There's a dead spot around 13 minutes and lasts about 3 minutes, the profile switched and I had to get it set back.

Good podcast Tactical-Reviews. While watching, some thoughts crossed my mind on it.
1) It's the second video (I've seen) you did that talks about your gun canes. You should show them either on one of your videos or here (perhaps both), as I'd be interested in seeing them, as other may as well.
2) You spoke of being in violation of the law having a gun locked in your car in a VA hospital. It's my understanding that the gun laws that govern Government buildings such as VA's and Post Offices, etc., also apply to their parking areas. Many don't know this, or think it's a State's regulation. To play it safe, I always go to the Post Office unarmed, come back home and arm myself before venturing out again (its a pain indeed).
3) Shame about your friend and his felony for DUI. This seems to be a State deal (unless caught in a federal park, or lands). I was nabbed decades ago in NJ where it's considered a traffic offense. In Pa. it's considered a misdemeanor offense for the first occurrence (severity goes up with each re-occurrence into a felony eventually), and can be erased if you attend a special program. Fortunately, NJ didn't share my conviction with Pa. since they didn't have a reciprocal agreement. (note: at this point in my life, I was not into guns & didn't own any. I no longer drink, so I took up the shooting sport (and lots of collecting :devilish:). So for 6 months I only couldn't drive in NJ and luckily had co-worker friends that could drive me to work in NJ for this period). So it seems to be an unlucky draw in the State your friend was caught in. 😟
4). Concealment as it just means covering up with a long shirt. This also is a State by State issue. In Pa., open carry is legal (Except in "cities of the first class (Philadelphia being the only one), although I'm not sure the police may be that well versed with this fact, and would be hesitant to open carry myself). It's true in my State, if you had a shirt covering your open carry (even OWB), it's considered
concealed and you "unconstitutionally" require a permit. But in Pa. it's also considered concealed (whether on your body or in the glove compartment, etc) if you get into a vehicle to travel about.

Just wanted to threw out my thoughts, nothing wrong with your Podcast which I thought was very good. Thanks for listening 😴

I am in a wheelchair and only have limited use of my left hand no grip in my right. I can shoot a pistol by using my right hand for leverage and gripping and firing with the left. Anybody have an idea on pistol that has an easy slide to rack.

thanks
Randy
The HK VP9 is super nice. It's fairly small but accurate with a nice trigger and has an easy spring. This is Springfield's forum, and I love their products, but the VP9 is amazing. The tabs on the rear of the slide would probably help a lot.

Nice. Do people, like the hospital security guy you mentioned, actually think that it's real or threatening? Or as it sounded, just being a PITA (Pain In The A$$).
This is the article I mentioned. If I remember right, he had to look at the video for a few minutes before he figured it out. The article links the video my son snuck in.

This is the article I mentioned. If I remember right, he had to look at the video for a few minutes before he figured it out. The article links the video my son snuck in.
Thanks Tactical, I’ll give it a watch

Watched the video, and read the article Tactical-Reviews, thanks. I could tell from this video and the previous picture you sent, that it is made of wood and you were using it as a cane, so I wouldn't be worried. In fact with open carry in my State, you could carry the real thing around with open carry being legal (doubt anyone would use it for a cane though :unsure:). It almost sounded like the security person was somewhat sympathetic, but some bozo boss ordered him to confront you (and I agree with one of the commenters in your article, that this conversation shouldn't have been done in the room with your father, but someplace more private). This type of stuff has become so PC it's ridiculous (kids getting suspended for a picture of a gun in school. In fact here in Pa., an autistic little school girl pointed her finger like a gun at a teacher and said I'm going to kill you. She was suspended and the mother had to explain to the school administrators that being autistic she didn't realize the wrong in this and did this around the house as well. The mother didn't try to excuse her actions and said they tried to break the girl of this type of attitude, but the school knowing about her autistic condition and behavior, could try to be a little more tolerant).
I wonder what security would say about my Wolf cane or Snake walking stick, if it brought them into the hospital. Does the wolf bite and did it get its shots?, Is the snake venomous? Picture follow: :D
IMG_1245.jpg
IMG_1246.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1248.jpg

I think I even mentioned aa snake cane in the video, people fear snakes, does that mean I can't have a snake cane? People need to understand this falls under freedom of expression.

I hate to hijack this thread like this. But, I have even considered having so AR15 silhouettes made to put on the spokes of my wheelchair. Heck, I have a holster on my walker. I truly do not care what anyone else thinks.
tactical walker.jpg

I think I even mentioned aa snake cane in the video, people fear snakes, does that mean I can't have a snake cane? People need to understand this falls under freedom of expression.

I hate to hijack this thread like this. But, I have even considered having so AR15 silhouettes made to put on the spokes of my wheelchair. Heck, I have a holster on my walker. I truly do not care what anyone else thinks.
View attachment 2276
Impressive. Yeah, I probably went off topic with my questions and recent postings. My apologizes to Randy.

Finally got a chance to watch your video, what gets me is, after you explained everything to this man, he still kept throwing alternatives at you about giving you another cane. Great video! It’s a shame that you had to go through all that to just to go to see your dad.

Back