testtest

First Look: Model 2020 Rimfire Series

I was bitten by the rimfire bug a while back and i have a growing collection of rifles, mostly vintage bolt action winchesters from the 30’s-50’s.
I had wondered why SA never got into the rimfire space, but seeing this made me smile. Definitely looking forward to the reviews on 2020. Price point is right and the walnut stocks a beauties.
I will wait a while so the kinks can be worked out. Besides, i just bought another winchester 75… ugh, i have a problem.

I'm impressed so far. If they're accurate, they could give the CZ rifles a run for their money.

I have a bunch of .22 bolt actions already, but if they come out with a heavy 24" barreled, walnut-stocked version, I'll have to start saving up my nickels. Or maybe sell my Ruger 77/22V.

I'm impressed so far. If they're accurate, they could give the CZ rifles a run for their money.

I have a bunch of .22 bolt actions already, but if they come out with a heavy 24" barreled, walnut-stocked version, I'll have to start saving up my nickels. Or maybe sell my Ruger 77/22V.
i've been kicking around the idea of a basic modern heavy barrel bolt action target rifle and was thinking about the ruger rimfire target. however, now that this is on the market i will hold off for a bit. i thought about the cz as well.

Surprised they didn't call it the Model 2022.

Made in Turkey

From the sootch00 U-Tube vid

1690215374086.png

Outward resemblance to a CZ 457

well, that's a bummer. i had a hunch they were.
The Turkish walnut stocks was the first indicator to me, then the scootch vid showed enough close-ups to see the marking.

Others on other forums were wondering the same.

That being said, a lot of firearms companies get product made to their specs in Turkey. CZ & Savage shotguns are all made in Turkey. We all know that ~80% of the SA-35 is sourced from Tisas in Turkey.

That being sad #2, Turkey has cheaper labor/manufacturing costs, and Turkey is the new "China" when it comes to getting things built cheaper because of that. And Turkey, like China, has a rep for copying things when the patents expire or change things enough to avoid patent infringements.

With this new 2020 Rimfire how accurate it will end up to be compared to the competition will determine how well the market responds to it.

To me, the main competitor is the CZ line of rimfires.

My .02

I like it a lot, really doesn’t matter if it’s made in Turkey really, I love the MSRP, may look into one after all the bugs are worked out

So is it semi safe to say that the new SA firearms are now like Palmetto State or Classic firearms ? Even Hellion for that matter now.
Just import guns/parts and make them or have them made?

Like an MKE AP5 from Classic or the PSA Dagger pistol among others ?

Am I wrong here ??

So is it semi safe to say that the new SA firearms are now like Palmetto State or Classic firearms ? Even Hellion for that matter now.
Just import guns/parts and make them or have them made?

Like an MKE AP5 from Classic or the PSA Dagger pistol among others ?

Am I wrong here ??
PSA makes/developes more of their own major products vs. just importing parts. But also, sell firearms made by other manufacturers.

Classic Firearms is a retail vendor, that likely retails various foreign firearms from importer/distributors, and doesn't make any of their own stuff.

SA appears to just make their 1911s and M1As in-house & with sourced parts. assembles their AR lines from sourced parts, and rounds out their product line by marketing imported firearms with under their brand-name.

My .02

PSA makes/developes more of their own major products vs. just importing parts. But also, sell firearms made by other manufacturers.

Classic Firearms is a retail vendor, that likely retails various foreign firearms from importer/distributors, and doesn't make any of their own stuff.

SA appears to just make their 1911s and M1As in-house & with sourced parts. assembles their AR lines from sourced parts, and rounds out their product line by marketing imported firearms with under their brand-name.

My .02
… too my point…
Marketing imported firearms under their brand name

My .02
☝️☝️☝️☝️ 100% agree

Back