testtest

First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm

Got my plate for the DPP which has the same footprint as the Rome 1 Pro I had waiting to install. Unfortunately the lug pattern is different. ARRRGGHHH. There is no way to even file them smaller to fit. I am going to give the plate folks a call. If there is nothing coming or they can't make something, I will likely just file off the posts and make some type of shim system front or back as needed. Have also considered drilling the plate and using pins or drilling, tapping and using set screws as posts.

Got my plate for the DPP which has the same footprint as the Rome 1 Pro I had waiting to install. Unfortunately the lug pattern is different. ARRRGGHHH. There is no way to even file them smaller to fit. I am going to give the plate folks a call. If there is nothing coming or they can't make something, I will likely just file off the posts and make some type of shim system front or back as needed. Have also considered drilling the plate and using pins or drilling, tapping and using set screws as posts.
Yeah something doesn't add up there

That sucks Sol… I know on my Sig 320s, the Romeo1 pro and DPP both work, same footprint.
I know I have the plate that is for Vortex Venom or Viper as well as HS 407c.
I can tell you the viper didn’t fit… I had to file down the front to get it to work…and then I never had enough vertical adjustment. I went 407c and haven’t looked back.
I do really, really like the DPP on my Legion X5. let us know how this works out…there’s a possibility I may go DPP on my Prodigy one day.

Good point. Sol, what is written on the package, and with the plate not mounted to the gun, does it fit on the DPP?
I know the AOS plates have been a pain to get…I’m wondering if you have the right one as well.
Off the pistol, the Viper Venom fit the plate perfectly… FYI.

16741426826458959972451546217083.jpg
16741427067973281823665322071196.jpg
16741427603288073303130458598303.jpg

Sol…hate to say this, but everything you have is correct.
The 15B states it’s for the DPP and EOtech EFLX. Both of those red dots have the 4 lug footprint.
The Romeo1 Pro does not.

Like you… I’m going to assume since the Romeo Pro fit on a Sig320 series along with a DPP…the same could be said for the Springfield AOS plate. It looks like that’s incorrect.
Again, honestly…I would’ve thought the same as you.

Romeo 1 Footprint:

DPP Footprint:

EO eflx (Sorry, I couldn’t find the tech specs but based on the picture, it looks to share/mimic that of the DPP)

That sucks Sol… I know on my Sig 320s, the Romeo1 pro and DPP both work, same footprint.
I know I have the plate that is for Vortex Venom or Viper as well as HS 407c.
I can tell you the viper didn’t fit… I had to file down the front to get it to work…and then I never had enough vertical adjustment. I went 407c and haven’t looked back.
I do really, really like the DPP on my Legion X5. let us know how this works out…there’s a possibility I may go DPP on my Prodigy one day.
I’m running a DPP on mine. It’s definitely the way to go. I had the same problem with the Romeo 1 Pro. The DPP and R1P both fit my X5 Legion and M17, but not the Prodigy.

I’m running a DPP on mine. It’s definitely the way to go. I had the same problem with the Romeo 1 Pro. The DPP and R1P both fit my X5 Legion and M17, but not the Prodigy.
Hear ya. At this point, although I do like the DPP better, I’m gonna spend the funds on ignition for my Prodigy instead of optic. Time to clean up the trigger action on it… I think I’m somewhere in the neighborhood of 1K rounds since back from SA and it just keeps ticking.

Hear ya. At this point, although I do like the DPP better, I’m gonna spend the funds on ignition for my Prodigy instead of optic. Time to clean up the trigger action on it… I think I’m somewhere in the neighborhood of 1K rounds since back from SA and it just keeps ticking.
You doing the ignition yourself ? Atlas has devoted a series on Youtube for the Prodigy specifically . Good stuff

I just adjusted the spring tension after my first or second range trip. Has at least 2k through it. Probably more, i quit counting. It ran 2lbs 11.8 oz just now for 3 pulls. Has room to go lower but it isnt broken so i dont plan to fix it. It is really easy to do. I also forgot to add that i had a few more front sight issues so i sent in the slide and requested that they drill and pin it and the did it for free. While I was asking for free stuff i also asked to have a new firing pin stop hand fitted since i had a few degrees of clocking and the wilson ones wont work due to how these ones are designed. They did that for free as well. 👍
16741508055477503647531978551069.jpg

You doing the ignition yourself ? Atlas has devoted a series on Youtube for the Prodigy specifically . Good stuff
I gotta be honest, I’m 50/50. I’ve always done all my own drop in kit work on my striker fired guns, my M&P, Glocks and now all my P320s.
But this is my first 1911 style…and as simple as they may seem to the experienced shooter and user, they’re a little intimidating to me.

When kits are sold as “not 100% drop in” and some gunsmithing may be required, I have the tools, of course. The knowledge and understanding from experience I do not.

I may have caught a little of the Atlas stuff, so it sounds like I have more vids to watch…. Thanks Rick.

I gotta be honest, I’m 50/50. I’ve always done all my own drop in kit work on my striker fired guns, my M&P, Glocks and now all my P320s.
But this is my first 1911 style…and as simple as they may seem to the experienced shooter and user, they’re a little intimidating to me.

When kits are sold as “not 100% drop in” and some gunsmithing may be required, I have the tools, of course. The knowledge and understanding from experience I do not.

I may have caught a little of the Atlas stuff, so it sounds like I have more vids to watch…. Thanks Rick.
You should be fine. Watch a few videos. Don't worry about replacing or polishing any parts. The MIM will get even smoother and they are surface hardened and I don't like to mess with very thin hardened layers. Just the simple bending of the sear spring leafs will get you a long way. Do not buy into all the hype that you need to pay someone hundreds of dollars or replace a bunch of perfectly good parts.

You should be fine. Watch a few videos. Don't worry about replacing or polishing any parts. The MIM will get even smoother and they are surface hardened and I don't like to mess with very thin hardened layers. Just the simple bending of the sear spring leafs will get you a long way. Do not buy into all the hype that you need to pay someone hundreds of dollars or replace a bunch of perfectly good parts.
Thanks Sol… kinda what I was hoping to hear. I’d like to get a little less pre-travel, less overtravel and lighten it up a few lbs. Currently over 5… like to settle in mid 3#. If that all can be done with the simple bending of the springs…perfect.

Sometimes I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. Just thought. Hey dummy, if you want a perfect co-witness use washers equal to the shroud thickness you fool. lol Much better and can see the sight perfectly for backup. First with dot off, second with dot on.
16741629410726965060026934402884.jpg

16741627831352299818049190962527.jpg

Back