testtest

First range time in almost........

Thanks goose, took time to find out where the Glock was hitting before I even tried to shoot at that distance, I had Remington 9mm 115gr, it didn’t like that, so I tried the Browning ammo same type, and it liked it, so that’s what I shot those targets with, that Glock will shoot. Started out at 7 yards, then at 15 yards, that’s when I switched ammo, then I just gave it a try at 25 yards just for giggles, that Browning ammo is real good, first time I tried it.
ok...stop right there..... @Keystone19250 has an eagle avatar, and you call him "goose"..??

dun't you know yer birds...?????

to be honest, i like my 1911's to be the customary .45 ACP, that they were "invented" for. however, i must also add, that i have the new Springfield Armory SA-35 (9mm) , which does "look like" a 1911, and i love that gun.

but i am (at times) a traditionalist, and like things the way they were originally, invented, designed and built..

much like the Springfield Armory M1A rifle.....it comes in "composite stocks", but that's not the way it was originally built, which was in real wood. so if i were to ever get such a rifle, it'll be the "traditional" wooden stock.
Yes! I've had other people tell me that as well. I really wanted to get a 1911 in .45 ACP. The only thing that detoured me was the fact that I had other pistols already chambered in 9mm and 10mm, so I didn't want to have to stock up on another cartridge. That's why I purchased 1911's in 9mm and 10mm. However, eventually I will probably pick up a 1911 in .45 ACP. It's just a matter of time. I agree that is the true cartridge for the 1911 platform. Definitely an iconic pistol in it's original chambering. JM Browning got it right the first time when he designed the 1911. Along with many of his other proven and historic firearm design's!

Last edited:
Yes! I've had other people tell me that as well. I really wanted to get a 1911 in .45 ACP. The only thing that detoured me was the fact that I had other pistols already chambered in 9mm and 10mm, so I didn't want to have to stock up on another cartridge. That's why I purchased 1911's in 9mm and 10mm. However, eventually I will probably pick up a 1911 in .45 ACP. It's just a matter of time. I agree that is the true cartridge for the 1911 platform. Definitely an iconic pistol in it's original chambering. JM Browning got it right the first time when he designed the 1911. Along with many of his other proven and historic firearm design's!
yeah, i too did not want to have every caliber of ammo in my stock. so all i have is 9mm, .45ACP,

then i bought several revolvers, so, .38 special, .357 magnum,

and then during the pandemic, i went and got a 22LR

but for my Dillon i acquired last month, i went and got the shell plates for what i have, above, then got 10mm and 40 S&W, for when i sell it, making it more attractive for sale.

yeah, i too did not want to have every caliber of ammo in my stock. so all i have is 9mm, .45ACP,

then i bought several revolvers, so, .38 special, .357 magnum,

and then during the pandemic, i went and got a 22LR

but for my Dillon i acquired last month, i went and got the shell plates for what i have, above, then got 10mm and 40 S&W, for when i sell it, making it more attractive for sale.
C'mon Old_Me, one of my bucket-list items is to have whomever reads my eulogy to mention that I died with over 30,000 rounds of ammo at my house of 25 or more calibers.

Bob beat me to the same gist...

C'mon Old_Me, one of my bucket-list items is to have whomever reads my eulogy to mention that I died with over 30,000 rounds of ammo at my house of 25 or more calibers.

it's like what i say to the cashier at the convivence store....when i cash in a winning $5.00 scratch ticket.....

"i'm winning the million dollar lottery at $5.00 increments each time i cash in a scratch ticket"

Nice looking .22. Good to hear no problems with it.
It one of my most used pistols. The TacSol barrel is nice and lightweight and the included attached rail is great for the red dot I put on it but the factory bull barrel that came with the pistol is way more accurate.

I bought this barrel upgrade so I could add a .22 suppressor which it has not disappointed in being a great suppressor host.

Screenshot_20220424-232352_Messages~2.jpg

It one of my most used pistols. The TacSol barrel is nice and lightweight and the included attached rail is great for the red dot I put on it but the factory bull barrel that came with the pistol is way more accurate.

I bought this barrel upgrade so I could add a .22 suppressor which it has not disappointed in being a great suppressor host.

View attachment 26761
057C097C-A50D-44A5-BACD-F5404E9918CD.gif

i gotta say, the "lower priced" 1911's, like MY RIA, and Tisas, perform every bit as good as all my "higher end" 1911's.

they never disappointed me.
RIA makes a very good budget 1911. I only own one but little brother has had half a dozen out here to my range. I’ve had 4 total if you count my Citadels, they were built by RIA but I no longer have them. Got no experience with the Tisas.

Again, Impressive indeed! I have way more ammo stocked than almost any of my friends that own firearms, but when I hear about some of all y'all's stash. Heck, I'm just the tip of the iceberg when compared to some of you guys. However, I'm a firm believer in "there's never enough" when it comes to stocking an ammo locker! I don't care if your stocking one cartridge, or 100 different cartridges! I scored some huge ammo cans while in the Navy from some Gunners Mates. About three empty 25mm ammo cans actually. One full of 20 rnd boxes of factory .308 weights over 150lbs! They hooked me up after some gunnery training exercises at sea. They were just throwing all the empties overboard! I said "Hey! I could use one or two of those!" 😂

Last edited:
Ok, just got back from Dr Urgent Care, found a tick this morning, they removed it but now I am going through treatment for Lyme disease again, had that back in 1996, hopefully I didn’t contract it this time, doctor didn’t seem to think so, but treatment as a precaution, still, I had fun that day

Hi @Annihilator,

It's so great to see you out and about making noise in the fresh air and sunshine. Nice shooting once you got warmed up.

I've been considering one of those RIA 1911s in .45. It's good to hear you like yours. But I'm trying to talk myself into a SA Ronin or similar. We'll see. ;)

Thanks for sharing your fun!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi @Annihilator,

It's so great to see you out and about making noise in the fresh air and sunshine. Nice shooting once you got warmed up.

I've been considering one of those RIA 1911s in .45. It's good to hear you like yours. But I'm trying to talk myself into a SA Ronin or similar. We'll see. ;)

Thanks for sharing your fun!

BassCliff
The RIA really impressed me, first time I ever handled one, my brother shot it, and now he owns it…..lol…. the Ronin is a nice choice, but I am looking at the Garrison myself in 9mm, I got enough 1911’s in .45….😬

Hi,

The RIA really impressed me, first time I ever handled one, my brother shot it, and now he owns it…..lol…. the Ronin is a nice choice, but I am looking at the Garrison myself in 9mm, I got enough 1911’s in .45….😬

I don't have a .45 yet, or a 1911, and I love my XD9 so much that I'm a bit of a Springfield fanboy. ;) I'm sure I'll enjoy either one. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

BassCliff

Back