testtest

Flip up sights on the Saint.... Magpul?

I really don't consider Magpul BUIS sights the "industry standard" BUIS, but they are an economical, functional, middle-of-the-ground set of sights.

You can do better & worse. It all depends on your BUIS needs and how much you want to pay.

My .02

Last edited:
I really don't consider Magpul BUIS sights the "industry standard" BUIS, but they are an economical, functional, middle-of-the-ground set of sights.

You can do better & worse. It all depends on your BUIS needs and how much you want to pay.

My .02
There really is no “industry standard” when it comes to BUIS...but the Magpul is used by a lot of manufacturers (Colt, among others), mainly for the lower price and perceived quality.

Ruger, for example, used Troy-built BUIS on some of their rifles.

The saying “you get what you pay for” holds true to most everything. BUIS, optics, lights, magazines, you name it. Reviews, I will “browse” them but word of mouth is much more preferred. I’ve read countless stories of “faulty” reviews on products online. MagPul makes some quality stuff, I’m not saying it’s the tip of the spear, but I would not hesitate running their mags or BUIS going into battle.

At the end of the day, a ring and a post that can be zero’ed properly are all that matters. In WW1, WW2 and korea, beyond, they were not fancy sights. Ring and post that held up and be adjusted. Dont get all worked up about much more than that. Until a few years ago and marketing, those sigjts were afterthought and performed regardless of maker. Then Magpul went and put lipstick on a pig. Pick a ring and a post and let ‘er rip.

Magpul makes some great stuff that I love & stuff that's sort of OK.

Their mags are my standard use mag, as are their AR stocks. I also like their 10/22 stocks, and Glock mags.

Other stuff don't do anything for me. Their bolt rifle stocks maybe perfectly functional but remind me of boat paddles.

I have one set of their BUIS which I got to check them out. Again, perfectly functional in their price point range, but a bit bulky IMO, so I have them on a PCC vs. any of my ARs, but the ones I put on my platforms cost a bit more. I was into & used YHMs for awhile but now prefer much lower-profile BUIS, like BoBros & Midwest Ind.

They (Magpul) seem to be getting more into apparel lately. Maybe their running out of ideas for their gun accessories.

My .02

Last edited:
I like my magpul acessories. Like you stated some are better than others.

my point was: its post and ring sights. Dont get caught up on the marketing glamour. Buy a set, zero them, move on.
Magpul makes some great stuff that I love & stuff that's sort of OK.

Their mags are my standard use mag, as are their AR stocks. I also like their 10/22 stocks, and Glock mags.

Other stuff don't do anything for me. Their bolt rifle stocks maybe perfectly functional but remind me of boat paddles.

I have one set of their BUIS which I got to check them out. Again, perfectly functional in their price point range, but a bit bulky IMO, so I have them on a PCC vs. any of my ARs, but the ones I put on my platforms cost a bit more. I was into & used YHMs for awhile but now prefer much lower-profile BUIS, like BoBros & Midwest Ind.

They (Magpul) seem to be getting more into apparel lately. Maybe their running out of ideas for their gun accessories.

My .02

I like my magpul acessories. Like you stated some are better than others.

my point was: its post and ring sights. Dont get caught up on the marketing glamour. Buy a set, zero them, move on.

There’s a bit more than just marketing glamor with them, at least in my experience.

I've seen many cheap sets of BUIS that won't hold zero, or straight up fall off the rifle despite being lock tighted (pee-poor machining, that)...You get what you pay for, to a point.

I have the OEM metal on my std. Saint AR 15. I have fixed front A2. I’m actually replacing my rear with a set of steel MagPul MBus Pro as the std. Spgfld. feel kind of “tinny” though they work well.

Hi first time post. Just purchased my first ever AR and after research decided on the Saint. My local gun shop had a new one and I purchased it. Upon getting home I realized the installed flip up sights on front and rear were MBUS plastic ones, not the metal Springfield ones. This really angers me, is it possible Springfield now ships them this way or did my shop pocket the metal ones? I want to know a little something before I start throwing accusations around. Would this be an acceptable business practice in the gun world? Gun was advertised as new in box. Thanks for any input.
Hi there Bo Jackson, welcome to the forum! :)

I recently aquired a Saint Victor that had the flip ups removed and Im searching for someone that would like to sell or trade a set. I know I can get some on Springfields site but would rather get one from someone who has some they dont need. If anyone has any please lmk thanks

I have a question for anyone who might still be active on this thread, I recently purchased a Springfield saint victor and am wanting to offset the irons that came with it seeing as I currently have reddot on it. I keep hearing that I should just buy offset irons, but I purchased mlok pic rails to put at the 11 o’clock position because I am a lefty. My question is how on earth do you remove the stock flip up irons from the 12oclock position cause I bent the star wrench that came with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated lx new to the site but seems like everyone is very knowledgeable

Back