testtest

Flip up sights on the Saint.... Magpul?

Well I just called customer service and they were rather rude, he was blatant that they never had sights, which I personally find incredibly insulting. As if anyone waiting months for this PDW wouldn't know exactly what it came with when they placed their order (I actually have all the original docs that show, includes front and rear flip up sights). Anyways, I am also still very pleased with the product and with Springfield overall, I only wish their customer service would be honest and speak to us like educated human beings. I would much rather have received my new baby now then wait for back ordered flip up sights which I assume is the real issue, since they are out of stock on their online armory store as well.

Hi all,
I will be picking up my Edge PDW soon as my NICS was delayed.
So I checked my PDW at the FFL and no sights are included as well.

So I am wondering if you guys have any luck with getting the SA iron sights from SA?
Their online manual also mentioned the firearm is equipped with the sights. The parts diagram also showing the sights as well.

Thanks!

Hi all,

So I am wondering if you guys have any luck with getting the SA iron sights from SA?
Their online manual also mentioned the firearm is equipped with the sights. The parts diagram also showing the sights as well.

Thanks!

If their not listed in the SA store Accessories section they're not available.

I'd suggest Midwest Industries BUIS. Lower profile, adjustable front & back, & metal.

Hi all,

Thanks!
Nowhere does the SA website or specs mention or show flip up sights. You’re on your own for that one. Agree with Talyn. Midwest are nice

I was kinda bummed when my AR arrived with no BUS. I think with the money you spend they could throw in some plastic Magpuls. My $800 KSG25 came with them. Frankly I wasn't all that impressed. Particularly with the front sight. Janky and difficult to adjust.

Thanks for the info.
Was just wondering if anybody has any luck.
It is time to look into sight or optics then.
Thank u y'all.

Even with an optic you are going to want back up iron sights. Preferably ones that co-witness with your red dot.

Everyone is going to tell you to get Magpul or Magpul Pro. And they are the industry standard. Kind of like an Ampeg SVT and a P bass to a rock bassist. I know what I said, but other than difficulty adjusting them, which was likely my own fault for not having the proper adjustment tool, they have been rock solid. The standard polymer ones are going to cost you about $100 for the pair.

That is pretty much the only recommendation I got when I was looking for BUIS for my AR. Other than Troy Battlesights which are even more expensive. And I suppose if you regularly partake in combat you would be a fool not to go with them. I admit, I do intend my AR to be a defensive weapon, but I foresee it actually being primarily a range weapon. That being the case I decided to experiment a little. I went and looked at all the BUIS available and the prices, then I went on Amazon and read the questions and reviews for every pair of BUIS they are selling. I remembered that I bought a $40 weapon light with a pressure switch by a Chinese company called Feyachi and put it on my 18.5" Mossberg 500. Mounted it right on the forend grip too ( Supposedly a no-no). Well, over 500 rounds of 00B and 3'' mags later the light is still there, still working and the first ( of two) rechargeable batteries that came with it is still burning bright on the initial charge. So, I found a pair of Feyachi flip up sights on Amazon. They got almost universal good reviews. I paid $40 for the pair, they showed up 2 days later and now we're going to see how long they hold zero and function correctly. As of yet I can find nothing not to like about them. They adjust easily, co-witness with my Sig Romeo 5 perfectly and appear to be well made, including ball bearing pivots. The gun is fun as hell to shoot so in a matter of a couple weeks I foresee me spending more money on ammo than I did for the gun. I will let you all know how the cheap, Chinese Feayachis hold up. Worst case scenario, I'm out $40.

As for the Romeo, that's another optic that gets bashed by people. Yeah, it's not an Aimpoint, but I have one on a KSG25, which is just a backwards, brutal, ridiculous shotgun. I'm well over 1000 rounds with the Romeo now and it's still there, still zero'ed and still wakes up and goes to sleep like a good boy. I paid $113 for the first one. The one I just bought for the AR was $139. Would I take it to Iraq to play war games in the sandbox? Hell no. But for home defense and range use I absolutely trust it.

The Feyachi BUIS are not polymer incidentally. They are billet aluminum and steel.

Last edited:
hey guys new here ...ive been researching the saint edge PDW intensely ...i just feel in love with this gun ...i got a late start and places like gun broker everywhere else for that matter are price gouging to the tune of like2995$ buy it now ...i will tell you this since ive resorted to building a clone the sights are 100% leapers ... while im sharing if anyones willing to part with their modified maxim hate brake ...ill pay a nice price
1600993012893.png

Bo I have two sets of Springfield flip up sights I’ve removed from my AR’s because I’ve added optics if you don’t get any satisfaction from the gun store let me know I can send you a set if you want.
I know it’s been a while since but picking this back up. On the search for the Springfield sights. Interested if you still have a set

Dude just grab those leapers off OpticsPlanet 50$ for the low pro they also have the other version only this missing is the Springfield crest otherwise identical

Dude just grab those leapers off OpticsPlanet 50$ for the low pro they also have the other version only this missing is the Springfield crest otherwise identical

It would depend on the intended use.

If I was building a range toy? Sure, those Leapers will do.

If I was going to run a serious defensive platform? I’m going to buy a higher quality set...Troy, MI, etc.

My go-tos are Troy HK-style tritium.

It would depend on the intended use.

If I was building a range toy? Sure, those Leapers will do.

If I was going to run a serious defensive platform? I’m going to buy a higher quality set...Troy, MI, etc.

My go-tos are Troy HK-style tritium.
I’m just saying to you the flip ups you see as accessories on springfields sight the saint flip ups at the leapers

The middle-of-the-road manufacturers like SA build to a certain price point, therefore they don't put a lot into the accessories and supporting parts like buffer tubes and sights.

The aftermarket is there to cater to those that want to upgrade or put whatever they want on the parent platform.

My .02

The middle-of-the-road manufacturers like SA build to a certain price point, therefore they don't put a lot into the accessories and supporting parts like buffer tubes and sights.

The aftermarket is there to cater to those that want to upgrade or put whatever they want on the parent platform.

My .02

My KelTec KSG25 came with Magpul BUIS.

Back