testtest

Flip up sights on the Saint.... Magpul?

Hi first time post. Just purchased my first ever AR and after research decided on the Saint. My local gun shop had a new one and I purchased it. Upon getting home I realized the installed flip up sights on front and rear were MBUS plastic ones, not the metal Springfield ones. This really angers me, is it possible Springfield now ships them this way or did my shop pocket the metal ones? I want to know a little something before I start throwing accusations around. Would this be an acceptable business practice in the gun world? Gun was advertised as new in box. Thanks for any input.

Hmmm, that sounds like they may have swapped them out.

I will say that the SA website doesn't say that they come with SA sights, just "low profile, adjustable flip-up."

So maybe SA started shipping them with magpul sights.

Hi first time post. Just purchased my first ever AR and after research decided on the Saint. My local gun shop had a new one and I purchased it. Upon getting home I realized the installed flip up sights on front and rear were MBUS plastic ones, not the metal Springfield ones. This really angers me, is it possible Springfield now ships them this way or did my shop pocket the metal ones? I want to know a little something before I start throwing accusations around. Would this be an acceptable business practice in the gun world? Gun was advertised as new in box. Thanks for any input.
Which saint?

Springfield uses “their” own sights and they are metal. I don’t own a Saint variant rifle but know that they come with metal sights that can be had in the 45.00 range. I’m unaware of any model that comes with MBUIS, there may be and I would be perfectly fine with that. For a gun store to swap out the sights, I wouldn’t put it past them, not saying that’s what they did by any means. But sight for sight I’d rather have the MagPul.

Bo I have two sets of Springfield flip up sights I’ve removed from my AR’s because I’ve added optics if you don’t get any satisfaction from the gun store let me know I can send you a set if you want.

B0E7DC0D-A553-421D-936C-8E79F860C94F.jpeg

Bo I have two sets of Springfield flip up sights I’ve removed from my AR’s because I’ve added optics if you don’t get any satisfaction from the gun store let me know I can send you a set if you want.
Very cool, I'm gonna ask my shop tomorrow. I might take you up on that and I'd be happy to compensate. For some reason I want them even if the ones they gave me are just as good. Thanks.

I can tell you that Springfield does not install polymer sights on their rifles. I would make a call to your FFL and ask them to give you the sights that came with the rifle. If you are unsuccessful with their response, I would contact Springfield. Springfield might want to know that a FFL is swapping parts out on their product. I seriously doubt Springfield would keep doing business with a FFL that is doing that.

I can tell you that Springfield does not install polymer sights on their rifles. I would make a call to your FFL and ask them to give you the sights that came with the rifle. If you are unsuccessful with their response, I would contact Springfield. Springfield might want to know that a FFL is swapping parts out on their product. I seriously doubt Springfield would keep doing business with a FFL that is doing that.
Thank you I will be contacting them for sure.

Bo, Don't feel bad . I bought a Saint Edge 5.56 Pistol from my dealer and I didn't even notice the rear flip up sight was missing. Bad on my part . He had the gun displayed with optics so he removed the rear one and couldn't find it . So he replaced the set with a set he uses not sure of brand name , but metal ones. I actually like the Spring field sights . I have them on My Saint Victor .308 and they are dead on . So I'm like you I want the spring field sights for my gun...I also have the Saint Victor 300 Black out . Next one on the list is the Saint Victor .308 Pistol .

Back