testtest

For you bunny hunters...

Sometimes… 🤷‍♂️
I am neither but I have dramatically reduced my meat intake over the last 5-10 years. I rarely eat beef. I do eat a lot of venison though. I eat chicken, but avoid turkey ( other than turkey bacon, can't help myself, that stuff is awesome).

Not because of my health or any sort of anti meat thing. I could care less what other people eat. Nothing I do is going to change the plight of cows or turkeys. Nevertheless I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the way they are raised ( especially turkeys). I guess in my older age I have gone soft on animals ( not people however). I just don't like killing them and other than venison and a little chicken I try not to be party to anyone else killing them.

I don't hunt just to kill anything so I pass up on a lot of stuff that's not worth the hard work to pack out a bunch of good meat for the freezer out of the hills.

If I had the $$ I'd have a freezer full of buffalo/bison meat from the managed herd a couple miles away.

Well to be sure I only ate it a couple times and it was Bull elk because my friends killed them up in your neck of the woods.
Hunting season here is after the "rut" so the bulls will have had a lot of male hormones running through them plus they lose a lot of weight chasing cows.

So when hunting season starts (gun) starts right after then unless it's a bull sporting exceptional head-gear I pass. I don't need to chew on tough hormone-soaked meat when there's a tasty fat cow.

1674423771719.jpeg

Everyone rabbit hunts…..

I am neither but I have dramatically reduced my meat intake over the last 5-10 years. I rarely eat beef. I do eat a lot of venison though. I eat chicken, but avoid turkey ( other than turkey bacon, can't help myself, that stuff is awesome).

Not because of my health or any sort of anti meat thing. I could care less what other people eat. Nothing I do is going to change the plight of cows or turkeys. Nevertheless I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the way they are raised ( especially turkeys). I guess in my older age I have gone soft on animals ( not people however). I just don't like killing them and other than venison and a little chicken I try not to be party to anyone else killing them.
I eat pescatarian (vegetarian that occasionally eats fish) for health reasons, but I also don't care what other people eat (or what they hunt), to each his/her own when it comes to diet.

I agree with you on the factory farming cruelty point, IMHO it's gotten out of hand and I think that's why we're seeing push back in the market with the proliferation of free range raised poultry products.

Take a rabbit. Chop into Quarters. Let it reach room temperature. salt it like you would any other meat. Let it sit and hour. Sprinkle with pepper. Sear it in bacon grease until seard dark brown. Like you would sear a beef roast before roasting.
Pour 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, 1 1/2 cans water, 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix, ten diced fresh mushrooms in a cast iron Dutch. Mix good. Toss in rabbit quarters. Simer till meat falls off bone. (Approximately two and a half-three hours) Remove as many bones out of pot as possible with tongs. Serve Rabbit and mushroom sauce over rice or mashed potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
I believe you guys would enjoy the heck out if it!

Last edited:
Back