testtest

Getting more 9mm Range ammo. S&B or Norma

Scevaph

Elite
What are your practice ammo preferences?

I am going to get 10 boxes to a case of 9mm 124gr FMJ. I like the US assembled Norma 124gr TMJ at 1200 fps but it is out of stock everywhere. I can get the Hungarian Norma (1181fps from a 6" barrel) and for even less I can get Sellior & Bellot 124gr FMJ (1181fps from a 6" barrel) so I am leaning toward trhe SD&B if the Norma TMJ doesn't show up soon

What are your preferences? S&B, Norma, Other? I am not a magtech fan and I don't care for the weak stuff like Blazer Brass.

Hi,

I've been buying cases of S&B 124 gr lately. It's been priced very competitively at sgammo.com. I also have a lot of Blazer Brass 124 gr. I've shot up all my WWB and will not buy any more, unless it's the NATO round. It malfunctioned too often. For practice ammo, the rest have worked well for me too, Norma, Fiocchi, Federal, Remington. I just try to find the best price and for 9mm that is usually at sgammo.com. For other calibers I've found better prices at other vendors. Don't forget to factor in shipping, convenience, delivery times, packaging, etc. SGammo does great with packaging and fast delivery times. I'm sure you all have your favorite vendors too. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I haven't shot any Win ammo in 9, but white box 45 thru a Glock was excellent. What is horrible is monarch! S/B shot in s&w and g17 was 100% good. These are all the brands of ammo I've shot in handguns (22lr, 5.7x28, 9mm, 357sig, 40s&w, 10mm, 44mag, 45acp & 50ae cartridges), monarch (which was horrible), s/b, magtech, win, rem, Hornady, Speer (lawman), fn, ppu, pmc, cci (shot), armscor and probably some others I've forgot. All were in semiautos in various manufacturers. All functioned well.

Norma seems to have this 9mm 124gr load in stock-
(use to be Norma Shooting DOT com)
I have purchased from them a couple of times,

i find it "interesting" some of you had issues with Winchester white box....

i have had no issues, whether it had been for 9mm, or 45 ACP, other than of course the "smoke show" that ammo puts on.

each round went "bang" for me.

WWB, reminds me of Magtec.........in that they each compete for "smoke show of the year awards"....

oh well.

I haven't shot any Win ammo in 9, but white box 45 thru a Glock was excellent. What is horrible is monarch! S/B shot in s&w and g17 was 100% good. These are all the brands of ammo I've shot in handguns (22lr, 5.7x28, 9mm, 357sig, 40s&w, 10mm, 44mag, 45acp & 50ae cartridges), monarch (which was horrible), s/b, magtech, win, rem, Hornady, Speer (lawman), fn, ppu, pmc, cci (shot), armscor and probably some others I've forgot. All were in semiautos in various manufacturers. All functioned well.
I’ve shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of WWB with not a single failure. Mostly .45.

I pretty much stick with 124 Blazer Brass and 124 S&B. Right now I’m flush with S&B. Saturday I witnessed a dud primer in a Blazer Brass 9mm round. Not mine, but a buddy on the range. First time I’ve ever seen BB misfire.

Norma seems to have this 9mm 124gr load in stock-
(use to be Norma Shooting DOT com)
I have purchased from them a couple of times,

That is the made in Hungary NORMA ; I was waiting / looking for the this US assembled TMJ load that everyone is still out of stock on.

Luckily I do not need more ammo immediately so I can wait a while. I do like the S&B, Norma and other equivalent ( 1181 fps or so) over the relatively weaker 9mm (1050 - 1090 fps) 124gr ammo. So if it's not stocked before I order more I'll just get some S&B. They are usually close in price but if the S&B is enough cheaper I'll still get it. I tried the Blazer and I am not a fan. I did take a look at the SIG ammo but that are very proud of it and charge accordingly.

Back