testtest

Getting more 9mm Range ammo. S&B or Norma

I’ve shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of WWB with not a single failure. Mostly .45.

I pretty much stick with 124 Blazer Brass and 124 S&B. Right now I’m flush with S&B. Saturday I witnessed a dud primer in a Blazer Brass 9mm round. Not mine, but a buddy on the range. First time I’ve ever seen BB misfire.
the only issue(s) i have with Blazer brass, is that my CZ's will not shoot them....but i still buy Blazer to keep in my stock, for all my other 9mm's.

oh, yeah, Lawman will not shoot in some of my guns as well, i cannot recall if it is the CZ's or not, so i really do not buy Lawman.

but this is "normal" for some guns to shoot all ammo (ie Glocks) and some are just finicky eaters.

the only issue(s) i have with Blazer brass, is that my CZ's will not shoot them....but i still buy Blazer to keep in my stock, for all my other 9mm's.

oh, yeah, Lawman will not shoot in some of my guns as well, i cannot recall if it is the CZ's or not, so i really do not buy Lawman.

but this is "normal" for some guns to shoot all ammo (ie Glocks) and some are just finicky eaters.
Lawman ammo, not to be confused with Federal Lawman Hollow points. which runs like a charm in my Hellcat, and G-17

I’ve been lucky I suppose. All my 9s will run pretty much everything I’ve ever tried through them. When I test ammo for the 9s I’m pretty much just looking for something that hits close to the same place as HST.

I’ve been lucky I suppose. All my 9s will run pretty much everything I’ve ever tried through them. When I test ammo for the 9s I’m pretty much just looking for something that hits close to the same place as HST.
funny you say that....

when i first "discovered" reloaded ammo at the mom/pop fishing-gun store, and tried it in my CZ's, they would not fire, well, they wouldn't even feed.

then when i started reloading and had a digital caliper, i found out why....the OAL was a wee bit too short.

when i started reloading myself, and "went by the book", my reloads were a wee bit short as well

i adjusted the seating die, to very close to factory ammo OAL, and whalla......my CZ's eat my reloads.

yet however, Blazer and Lawman still have issues with both my CZ's, and they both measure the nearly same OAL as the Fiocchi, S&B, and others....!

just like Wolf steel case ammo, will not feed (or when it did) just not fire......hard primers perhaps on the Wolf..???

i stopped buying steel case ammo, a long time ago.

funny you say that....

when i first "discovered" reloaded ammo at the mom/pop fishing-gun store, and tried it in my CZ's, they would not fire, well, they wouldn't even feed.

then when i started reloading and had a digital caliper, i found out why....the OAL was a wee bit too short.

when i started reloading myself, and "went by the book", my reloads were a wee bit short as well

i adjusted the seating die, to very close to factory ammo OAL, and whalla......my CZ's eat my reloads.

yet however, Blazer and Lawman still have issues with both my CZ's, and they both measure the nearly same OAL as the Fiocchi, S&B, and others....!

just like Wolf steel case ammo, will not feed (or when it did) just not fire......hard primers perhaps on the Wolf..???

i stopped buying steel case ammo, a long time ago.
Both times I tried reloads through a small caliber semi auto there were problems. So I don’t shoot reloads through semi autos.

Your guns produce groups the same size regardless of brand? I'm out of touch with retail ammo since I reload the rounds I shoot for the most part. I've noticed 9mm has come down a lot since the last shortage we had.
I’ve never noticed a major difference in accuracy between blaster grade ammo…

In fact, even switching to premium carry ammo, you might sometimes see a slight improvement, but not huge.

Seriously—it’s like discussing which brand of 87 octane gas is the best. BP better than Quik Trip? Or Casey’s?

I haven't shot any Win ammo in 9, but white box 45 thru a Glock was excellent. What is horrible is monarch! S/B shot in s&w and g17 was 100% good. These are all the brands of ammo I've shot in handguns (5.7x28, 9mm, 357sig, 40s&w, 10mm, 44mag, 45acp & 50ae cartridges), monarch (which was horrible), s/b, magtech, win, rem, Hornady, Speer (lawman), fn, ppu, pmc, cci (shot),
I’ve shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of WWB with not a single failure. Mostly .45.

I pretty much stick with 124 Blazer Brass and 124 S&B. Right now I’m flush with S&B. Saturday I witnessed a dud primer in a Blazer Brass 9mm round. Not mine, but a buddy on the range. First time I’ve ever seen BB misfire.
Win white box was the 1st 45acp ammo I used when I bought a g21. All functioned great and was accurate for cheap ammo. When someone gets a bad lot it tends to not want to be bought again. I bought some primed jag brass and had way to many misfires. Won't buy any primed brass from them anymore.

I haven't shot any Win ammo in 9, but white box 45 thru a Glock was excellent. What is horrible is monarch! S/B shot in s&w and g17 was 100% good. These are all the brands of ammo I've shot in handguns (5.7x28, 9mm, 357sig, 40s&w, 10mm, 44mag, 45acp & 50ae cartridges), monarch (which was horrible), s/b, magtech, win, rem, Hornady, Speer (lawman), fn, ppu, pmc, cci (shot),

Win white box was the 1st 45acp ammo I used when I bought a g21. All functioned great and was accurate for cheap ammo. When someone gets a bad lot it tends to not want to be bought again. I bought some primed jag brass and had way to many misfires. Won't buy any primed brass from them anymore.
Monarch, that’s Turkish isn’t it ?

so for Schlitz and giggles, i googled Jag Brass.......out of business they are..???

i had seen so many companies that sell used brass that sell them cleaned, polished and primed.....prices were (to me) too high...

but i did buy (i think 1,000) new Starline 45ACP brass (unprimed)

upon further checking, i found this..???

Jagemann™ Sporting Group has closed its operations, effective, August 31, 2023. For questions, please contact info@jagemann.com

JAGEMANN™ SPORTING GROUP CASING DIVISION ACQUIRED​

by admin | Mar 19, 2019 | Uncategorized | 0 comments
MANITOWOC, Wis. – Jagemann™ Sporting Group, a division of Jagemann™ Stamping Company, a privately- held U.S. manufacturer of premium brass casings for rifles and handguns, polymer magazines and other gun components, today announced the strategic acquisition of its Casings division (“Jagemann™ Casings”) by Ammo, Inc. creating, Jagemann™ Munition Components.

Last edited:
so for Schlitz and giggles, i googled Jag Brass.......out of business they are..???

i had seen so many companies that sell used brass that sell them cleaned, polished and primed.....prices were (to me) too high...

but i did buy (i think 1,000) new Starline 45ACP brass (unprimed)

upon further checking, i found this..???

Jagemann™ Sporting Group has closed its operations, effective, August 31, 2023. For questions, please contact info@jagemann.com

JAGEMANN™ SPORTING GROUP CASING DIVISION ACQUIRED​

by admin | Mar 19, 2019 | Uncategorized | 0 comments
MANITOWOC, Wis. – Jagemann™ Sporting Group, a division of Jagemann™ Stamping Company, a privately- held U.S. manufacturer of premium brass casings for rifles and handguns, polymer magazines and other gun components, today announced the strategic acquisition of its Casings division (“Jagemann™ Casings”) by Ammo, Inc. creating, Jagemann™ Munition Components.
The brass is fine, but the primers were horrible!

Just goes to show you learn something every day. I had no idea the difference between Norma FMJ and TMJ....never paid that close attention. The Hungarian stuff (of which I have 800-some rounds left) has fired perfectly through my SP5, P365 and Rival. I even bought a third case due its success. I'm guessing the TMJ is $.10/round higher in price...maybe more. Regardless, I do not remember a failure of any caliber in any of my firearms with Norma...In fact, the Norma 62-grain 5.56 is what my Hellion prefers (that rifle is finicky with ammo).

Just goes to show you learn something every day. I had no idea the difference between Norma FMJ and TMJ....never paid that close attention. The Hungarian stuff (of which I have 800-some rounds left) has fired perfectly through my SP5, P365 and Rival. I even bought a third case due its success. I'm guessing the TMJ is $.10/round higher in price...maybe more. Regardless, I do not remember a failure of any caliber in any of my firearms with Norma...In fact, the Norma 62-grain 5.56 is what my Hellion prefers (that rifle is finicky with ammo).
The only bullet maker I've seen listening a "tmj" is Speer (I have several from them). Can't seem to find Norma making any tmj bullets, but only as a component.

Until recently, Seller & Bellot and Magtech were owned by the same company and produced identical ammo.

Either brand is what I shoot. But S&B was recently sold off. I'd choose Magtech until we see what happens.

Federal 9mm 147 gr Fmj-fp. Advertised velocity is 1000fps, same velocity as 147 gr hst's.

Back