testtest

Glock .45 ACP Models to Make You Forget the 1911

Got to really disagree with your post that people who like/ use Glocks are children, I have both 1911’s and Glocks, you come off believing that the 1911 is all god mighty……..hello…. It’s not…. It’s a great design…. but it’s not the mighty lightening bolt of Zeus like you say, everyone has there opinion I understand that, but this is where we disagree
Knew my post would stir it up...........no, I should not belittle the Glock crowd.
And remember, I shot competitively with Glocks once upon a time, so I was a child too.............:)

Knew my post would stir it up...........no, I should not belittle the Glock crowd.
And remember, I shot competitively with Glocks once upon a time, so I was a child too.............:)
I also shot competitively, but at that time I was a Beretta guy, used a slightly modified 92FS….so I swayed also at one time, also I used one of the worst Colt 1911’s at the time, there 1991 series, I used it cause it was reasonable priced and easy to modify

Heat, Humidity and salt??

I purchase my firearms to handle threats, malcontents, bullies, MethHeads, Meatheads, home invaders, rapists, murderers, mental maniacs, devils, criminals and lawbreakers of every sort that might choose me as their next victim.
We lived in different neighborhoods... my G17 went with me whenever I flew a hovercraft around the canals, beaches, and keys in South Florida. I wear XXL gloves, so the full size Glock pistols fit my hands better than any other auto loader that I have tried. I shoot them very well, so I have no need to look elsewhere. I like the 1911, but it's not a good fit for me.

Post #45 :)

I used to shoot IDPA back in the mid 90's. The Wilson Combat shop over in Berryville, AR had a very basic course but they would have competitions or classes from time to time and I'd make the hour trip over there to run the course or listen in. Back then I had a brand new H&K USP .45ACP. I had saved up to buy it and it was a chunk of a gun, but it was a H&K. Here's what sucked, I wasn't a good shot with it at all. Back then there was an outdoor range way out in the boonies near where I live that you could shoot any time you wanted to and I went out there all the time to practice. I don't know if it was the weight of the gun, operator error, or what but I never got comfortable with the H&K, which irritated me due to having paid right around $850 for it plus extra mags which were expensive even back then. Anyway, I'm over at the IDPA competition one weekend and I had shot poorly, again, with my H&K. I was talking to a guy, can't even remember his name now, but he had a strange looking handgun called a "Glock". I had heard of them but had never seen them in action or at least I never noticed them. I was chatting with this guy and telling him I couldn't figure out why I didn't shoot better with the H&K due it being a very nice handgun. He asked if he could see it, he looked over it and said it felt pretty heavy to him. He then asked if I'd like to use his Glock 21 for the next round at IDPA. I had plenty of ammo with me so I told him sure, why not? First thing I noticed was how different the handgun felt in my hand as compared to the H&K. The Glock 21 is a chunk, but not like the H&K USP. We ran thru some night time scenarios and I ended up placing 3rd with a damn handgun I'd never even shot before. I spent the rest of the evening talking to that guy about his Glock and got a quick education on how they worked, a bit of Glock history, and a hand shake from the guy I'd spent the evening speaking with.

The next day I called around to my local guns shops till I found one who had a Glock 21 in stock. I ended up making out like a bandit. My USP was only about three months old, I had six magazines for it, original case, and a nice holster. I got the Glock 21, night sights installed by the gun shop owner, two extra mags, and a holster, and only had to pay him $50.00. That handgun changed the way I shot, gave me a lot more confidence in my ability and it seemed like I'd found my weapon of choice. I ended up with several more Glocks over the next couple of years but that Glock 21 .45 will always be one of my most cherished handguns due to the fact it made me into a better shooter. I've branched out over the years, Glocks don't feel as good in my hands as they used to, but I'll never anything bad about them due to they've always been a reliable firearm for me and I had such good luck with my first one. I put so many rounds thru that Glock 21 over the years and it always did what it was supposed to. They're good firearms, no question about that, and my old Glock 21 sits in my gun closet, semi-retired, but it always looks like it's ready to be used come what may.

1911 men are real MEN & WOMEN, you Glocker's are children tagging along.
Oooohhh smokein!

9044e72bf1611ab587cd3b915b0bbd39.gif

I know this is going to make some upset at me, but I thought it was a good article, oh by the way, I own both 1911’s and Glocks……

CZ over glock anyday. 1911a1 and CZ75, they'll both be here for 100 years.

Back