testtest

Got a CZ 75 today

Isn't that strange, I'm going to get one from another guy tomorrow. It's a like new 75B with 6 mags. I let a 75 BD get away from me a couple years ago. Still have a 97, SP01 Tac and a Jericho 941. Something about those slides running inside the frame and The Missus don't mind shooting the CZ pistols either.

It's getting to where there is not much out there that I want. Then the CZ 75 occurred to me. Long story short, I found one today, a lightly used 75 B Omega with 3 magazines and it followed me home. Honest. At Happy Hour later the wife asked, what do you want for your birthday? I got it, I said with the CZ and the grips I ordered for my Hi Power clone. Life is good. Maybe I can go shooting tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be nice. We'll see.
Great guns and if my memory is correct Jeff Cooper referred to it as being the best of the conventional 9mm’s. I carried one for many years and always enjoyed shooting it great grip just a nice gun to shoot I hope you enjoy your new purchase

It's getting to where there is not much out there that I want. Then the CZ 75 occurred to me. Long story short, I found one today, a lightly used 75 B Omega with 3 magazines and it followed me home. Honest. At Happy Hour later the wife asked, what do you want for your birthday? I got it, I said with the CZ and the grips I ordered for my Hi Power clone. Life is good. Maybe I can go shooting tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be nice. We'll see.
Great choice...

Best choice...Love the CZ 75s

I thought I was done with b-day purchases......not so. I ordered Hogue pau ferro checkered grips for my CZ, arriving tomorrow.
I'm trying to find a good set of wooden grips for the CZ. Ordered some cocobolo from amazon sent them back just didn't feel right. Looking at the walnut grips from BH spring solutions.

My brother and son have CZ-97's, they are nice pistols....
My son loved the wood grips that came with the version of the 97 he got, but then I got him VZ grips for XMAS.
image000000001.jpg

He installed a trigger kit as well....

Why has CZ discontinued the 97? Or did they just discontinue one version of the 97?

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a good set of wooden grips for the CZ. Ordered some cocobolo from amazon sent them back just didn't feel right. Looking at the walnut grips from BH spring solutions.
I don't care for the thumb rest protrusions, though they do have some without. What brand did you try? I'm partial to exotic woods. Offerings vary from Ebay and Amazon, so check in from time to time.

Why has CZ discontinued the 97? Or did thy just discontinue one version of the 97?
My guess is that not enough people were buying them.

I also wonder if they were eliminating a .45 ACP option in their lineup that may compete with COLT/DW offerings. Not that I think that's totally sound logic, but there have been some interesting decisions lately in the CZ/Colt/DW conglomerate.

My son loved the wood grips that came with the version of the 97 he got, but then I got him VZ grips for XMAS.
View attachment 35223

Why has CZ discontinued the 97? Or did they just discontinue one version of the 97?
i took my 97B to the range just yesterday since it was last June when i took it last. it came with aluminum grips from CZ.

i will not replace them with anything else.

on my 75 B, i ordered up a set of rubber grips, from CZ, and love them, and will not be replacing those either.

on my Beretta 92 FS, i had ordered up a set of wooden grips, from, you guess it, Beretta.

i don't know the reason why CZ stopped making the 97B, and for me, i will not change a thing. some guys send them out to Cajun Gun Works, (a GREAT company that i do business with for parts for CZ's), and those guys have a kit installed to make it look like a 1911.....something like nearly $400..????

I don't care for the thumb rest protrusions, though they do have some without. What brand did you try? I'm partial to exotic woods. Offerings vary from Ebay and Amazon, so check in from time to time.
Etsy sells some very good, priced grips, from the various companies. i have had great luck with them as well as Amazon, Hogue, Herrits, and the gun makers store as well.

Concur some have an exaggerated thumb rest...plus the Hogue coco bolo were too fat on the back end. The standard wooden ones that come on some of the CZs fit my hand perfectly. Fits better than a Hi Power...which I love...The decocking lever on that CZ, which I am not a big fan of, make it better for EDC. Not that using the decocker is a guarantee that the gun will not go off...
youngolddude...had to laugh. My grandkids said I was old...don't know where all the years went. But they are gone.

Hogue 75811 CZ-75/CZ-85 Grips, P9, Coco Bolo Checkered​

View attachment 35223

My understanding is that CZ will continue to make the 97 in a CA compliant model in limited numbers.

My understanding is that CZ will continue to make the 97 in a CA compliant model in limited numbers.
Oh great CA compliant...will not shoot real bullets & have numerous safety locks without keys...in addition to signs that this will cause cancer in nutty-fornia...

Oh great CA compliant...will not shoot real bullets & have numerous safety locks without keys...in addition to signs that this will cause cancer in nutty-fornia...
when i bought 1 of my S/A 1911's, (i forget which one) it was a CA model. the MSH had a lock,

i get all my MSH's from Ed Brown, so i ordered up yet another one, and the guts inside, as the hammer spring was a bit shorter.

i had read on the S&W site, and watched several you tube videos, on how to remove the locking device on one of my revolvers, but i just haven't done that yet.

Back