testtest

Grip help...

well....we don't know how YOU are gripping any of your guns...you provided no pics or videos.

the best anyone can do is, paste some videos here to give you an idea on gripping a gun.

each gun i have, i may have to "adjust" my grip too, so it takes practice on ALL your guns.

here is only 1 video to guide you

 
Hope this thread from the board helps.
 
how-to-analyze-shooting-targets.jpg
 
Thanks all! Gives me things to look at during my next range trip. Also signing up for some time with a trainer next weekend to help iron things out

You also might want to take a look at this.

 
After a trip to the range I've noticed that I am consistently shooting 1"-2" low left @ seven yards with different pistols using iron sites. can you suggest anything to look for in my grip that may be producing this result?

TIA
Assuming you're right handed. While your grip could be the problem it also could be you're jerking the trigger a wee bit pulling the shots low left.
 
Thanks all! Gives me things to look at during my next range trip. Also signing up for some time with a trainer next weekend to help iron things out
The first thing to do is increase your grip with your left hand. This should help get you back to ward center. You can then work on working up toward the bull. As everyone will tell you, low and left is extremely common and is all about grip fundamentals. Some people never get to grips with this (excuse the pun).

Try not to be overwhelmed by all the info. I would recommend investing in the Mantis X dry fire training system. It will help you improve your technique by magnitudes of order rather than fruitlessly blazing through hundreds of rounds.

 
Grips aren’t the problem you either pulling the gun low left or you grip is wrong on the pistols. Push the gun to the right with you support hand thumb and make sure the rear of the slide is lined up with your eyes. This should work.
 
Hi Mr. @Bullseye1776,

Speaking to a right-handed shooter:

The first thing to do is increase your grip with your left hand....

This! Whether you're flinching or just pulling the muzzle down with your trigger press, using a little more grip strength in your support hand will help keep your sights aligned. Keep your left thumb pressed against the frame (or slide) and let your trigger finger be the ONLY thing that moves in your grip. When you're gripping too hard with your right hand it's very had to let your trigger finger move independently, the other fingers will want to move as well.

I've found that a little bit of "push/pull" can help me as well. Without increasing grip pressure, I will push using the palm of my right hand while pulling back with my left hand. This helps the fingers of my right hand have less "sympathetic" motion when my trigger finger moves (straight back). Always keep your eye on the front sight, make sure it doesn't move.

I also have a MantisX training system. I use it in conjunction with the G-Sight ELMS Laser cartridge system. I have a whole thread dedicated to my basement laser range here: https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/basscliffs-g-sight-laser-practice-range.11952/

Don't be discouraged. I still have my low/left moments, when trying a new gun or shooting one of mine that I haven't worked with for a while, or I'm just having a brain fart day. Then I'll get back to dry fire practice.

The gun's going to move no matter what. The trick is to keep it still until the shot breaks. Don't worry, the gun will not jump out of your hand. It doesn't help to anticipate the shot just to give the gun a little extra "ooomph" to hold it in place. Be consistent. (That's my problem.) Use the same extension, same grip, same sight picture, same trigger finger placement, same trigger press, etc, like bowling. Start slow and deliberate. Gradually building up speed. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

OK, I'm going to stop spreading my mediocrity all around and let you absorb all the information that's been thrown at you. It takes some practice. I'm a slow learner, practicing and training for about six years now. Just today, I shot a new gun for the first time (CZ Shadow 2), sent the target to 10 yards and tried to put 5 hits on the high center chest. The first shot was a little low/left, but then I had a feel for the trigger and the other four were right where I wanted them.

1791665340451.jpeg


Be encouraged. Be brave. Do good. Take all of this information and just use what works for you. We're all a little different. Thanks for putting up with me.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Back
Top