testtest

Groundhog (wood chuck)

I put three .22 rounds in a woodchuck about 2 months ago before it gave up the ghost. Not sure a pellet rifle would do the job in a humane way.

Funny thing about that woodchuck. I shot it the first time on a slight hill. It rolled into a ball and then rolled down that hill
about 20 feet. It then ran off a bit, stopped, so I shot it twice more. I didn’t know they really did the rollup thing.
1 single .22 round to the head of a groundhog ( woodchuck ) will put them down. I killed many of them for local farmers when I was a kid and never lost one.

I always used CCI mini mags 36 grain HP.

That’s what the guy at Tractor& Supply said. I have a .22 rifle but the houses are not far enough from my back yard. He also said they are hard to trap.
A high powered air rifle will do the trick. Bought my Dad an RWS 36 “Magnum” .177 rifle many moons ago for the whistlepigs eating up his garden. A .177 pellet to the head at 1200 fps will drop a groundhog like he’s been pole axed. Oh a rest that old RWS (scoped of course) will bust aspirins at 20 yards all day. Very accurate rifle and good for pests in town.

Back