testtest

Gun sales slowing?

shanneba

Custom
Smith & Wesson Brands Inc. SWBI, -17.29% stock fell more than 6% in the extended session Tuesday after the firearms manufacturer missed Wall Street expectations for its fiscal second-quarter results, with sales dropping significantly year-on-year on weakened demand.
Net sales dropped 47% to $121 million, from $230 million a year ago.

Smith & Wesson Brands Inc. SWBI, -17.29% stock fell more than 6% in the extended session Tuesday after the firearms manufacturer missed Wall Street expectations for its fiscal second-quarter results, with sales dropping significantly year-on-year on weakened demand.
Net sales dropped 47% to $121 million, from $230 million a year ago.

I think one of the reasons firearms sales are slowing is because people have less money to spend on firearms because lots of things have gotten expensive. I also think the used firearm market is pretty busy.

I was at a pawn shop in Harlingen(Texas) on Monday and their used firearm business seems to be booming. They had a Henry lever action in 6.5 Creedmoor that got my attention and I could put it on layaway...:) Being retired and on a fixed income I like layaway...:) I just can't handle a big rifle like that Henry anymore because of my neck surgery, but it sure was nice...:)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the used firearm market is pretty good, why spend $600 for something you can find for $400-$500. That's probably why S&W is offering rebates and such.

Good to keep in mind that this is a comparative slowdown from several consecutive years of all-time high sales. That could easily mean that sales will still be quite high, compared to the long-term average.

With companies barely being able (or unable) to meet demand for years now, it may not be such a bad thing.

Last edited:
I think one of the reasons firearms sales are slowing is because people have less money to spend on firearms because lots of things have gotten expensive. I also think the used firearm market is pretty busy.

I was at a pawn shop in Harlingen(Texas) on Monday and their used firearm business seems to be booming. They had a Henry lever action in 6.5 Creedmoor that got my attention and I could put it on layaway...:) Being retired and on a fixed income I like layaway...:) I just can't handle a big rifle like that Henry anymore because of my neck surgery, but it sure was nice...:)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the used firearm market is pretty good, why spend $600 for something you can find for $400-$500. That's probably why S&W is offering rebates and such.
impulse buys by people who aren't "into" guns but felt the need during the pandemic? Not worth the perceived hassle now. Most of us saw this coming. Good for us.

I honestly have no planned purchases for the foreseeable future. In fact, I'll probably be downsizing.
Almost 2 years ago when I lived in Arkansas and was planning to move back to South Texas, I started downsizing. It worked out for me as firearm prices were high and I was able to get the money I spent on them back, which is always a good thing.

I've done a little adjusting to what I have since I moved back home. I think downsizing and/or changing to a firearm that better suits your current environment(city or country living) is a good thing.

I recently went to a S&W EZ 9 mm and I'm glad I did. For many years I was a "1911 and 357 magnum revolver" guy. Neck surgery made carrying and shooting those firearms too uncomfortable. The EZ is easy to carry and easy to rack the slide and to shoot...S&W did a great job in designing that firearm...:)

Almost 2 years ago when I lived in Arkansas and was planning to move back to South Texas, I started downsizing. It worked out for me as firearm prices were high and I was able to get the money I spent on them back, which is always a good thing.

I've done a little adjusting to what I have since I moved back home. I think downsizing and/or changing to a firearm that better suits your current environment(city or country living) is a good thing.

I recently went to a S&W EZ 9 mm and I'm glad I did. For many years I was a "1911 and 357 magnum revolver" guy. Neck surgery made carrying and shooting those firearms too uncomfortable. The EZ is easy to carry and easy to rack the slide and to shoot...S&W did a great job in designing that firearm...:)
No mag loader needed👍🏻🤩

In my area (PA) not a whole lot of new guns in any of the LGS however there is more than enough used ones around...
Hmmm, what part of PA are you in? Get in the car and drive to Grice in Clearfield. The Western PA stores I go to all seem to have plenty of rifles and handguns.

in central PA

In my area crazy cali there is plenty of firearms in stock and ammo is available at a reasonable rate. Just last week I purchased a hand gun seems to my it was pretty busy at the gun counter . Yea it’s probably slow a little just by the shelves being so fill up with guns and lots of ammo

Last edited:
Back