testtest

Gun sales slowing?

I think there will be another run.
Our IL ban looming and of course the Dimwit in Diapers also wants fed legislation to pass or at least be brought up by years end.
Can always count of the gubmint to claim shortfalls to screw things up and slow roll the background checks. Big lines, long waits, repeated paperwork….just like Election Day.

S&W has to put some of the blame on the cost of launching 2 absolute turds last year, the 12-gauge tactical POS (AR12 maybe), and the CSX. Both are absolute flops. They also had (have?) some issues with new launches requiring significant warranty work, the new 10mm comes to mind (sound familiar Prodigy guys?). No idea if these issues are reflected in their reported profits, but I can't see how they wouldn't be in there...It's cyclical, and things will not always be doom and gloom...they will get things right.

No idea on industry-wide guns sales dropping. Everything I've heard to date has been a continuous increase in background checks. Most of my LGS's tell me they are doing great (but of course they would, wouldn't they?).

S&W has to put some of the blame on the cost of launching 2 absolute turds last year, the 12-gauge tactical POS (AR12 maybe), and the CSX. Both are absolute flops. They also had (have?) some issues with new launches requiring significant warranty work, the new 10mm comes to mind (sound familiar Prodigy guys?). No idea if these issues are reflected in their reported profits, but I can't see how they wouldn't be in there...It's cyclical, and things will not always be doom and gloom...they will get things right.

No idea on industry-wide guns sales dropping. Everything I've heard to date has been a continuous increase in background checks. Most of my LGS's tell me they are doing great (but of course they would, wouldn't they?).
What’s wrong with the CSX? I heard nothing but good stuff about it, there are a couple of Springfield’s that are kind of flops, 911 series and SA-35, as much as I wanted one, I am really interested in the Prodigy, but can’t find one in my area and I don’t do online stuff

What’s wrong with the CSX? I heard nothing but good stuff about it, there are a couple of Springfield’s that are kind of flops, 911 series and SA-35, as much as I wanted one, I am really interested in the Prodigy, but can’t find one in my area and I don’t do online stuff
Yes what’s wrong with the CSX I heard nothing but good things about that gun I would really consider it but they don’t make one for California market nice looking gun

9-10lb single action trigger with a false reset...it has not sold well...CSX that is.

I disagree, I was just at a popular LGS in my are and the walls and gun cases are filled with plenty of firearms to choose from.
Actually, if there was a rush on firearms, wouldn't those walls and gun cases be empty?

I purchased a pistol a few month ago, I bought it off gun broker and had it sent to my favorite shop. It had been a year since I had been there, and wen I walked in I was shocked how bare their shelves and cases were. They said the last 6 weekends were so busy it had completely cleaned them out.

I waiting on a 10MM XD-M to come in, so when it gets there I will be going into the Shop to put it in Maryland Jail for a week, be interesting to see if the shelves and cases are stocked back up. To me, that would indicate a slow down.

They had to slow down eventually. Every person I knew that ever thought about buying , did so since probably the start of the pandemic or the election, take your pick . And most of the ones who normally buy one or two a year bought more than that, same with ammunition.

It caused huge gun sale numbers that had to slow eventually.

The nearly bare shelves and racks are full of guns and ammo now. 9mm range ammo has decreased in price to what may be their ultimate bottom. I read an insider article that said ammo prices will not fall to pre-scandemic levels, ever.
I have a 911 that I really like and am sorry SA discontinued it. I really wanted an SA-35, but extremely disappointed they can't manufacture them in numbers. I finally bought a Girsan Hi-power because it was available and the SA was vaporware for over a year. I bought a CSX and like it, although admit the trigger could be better. Funny thing, I now have 3 guns that can be carried cocked and locked, the CSX, a 1911 and a 911.

The nearly bare shelves and racks are full of guns and ammo now. 9mm range ammo has decreased in price to what may be their ultimate bottom. I read an insider article that said ammo prices will not fall to pre-scandemic levels, ever.
I have a 911 that I really like and am sorry SA discontinued it. I really wanted an SA-35, but extremely disappointed they can't manufacture them in numbers. I finally bought a Girsan Hi-power because it was available and the SA was vaporware for over a year. I bought a CSX and like it, although admit the trigger could be better. Funny thing, I now have 3 guns that can be carried cocked and locked, the CSX, a 1911 and a 911.

I have been impressed with Girsan and Tisas, 1911s and High Powers. SAR makes good stuff also(I had a SAR 9 with a lever safety and it was accurate and pretty easy to conceal. I wanted a SA-35 for a while but not anymore. I carried 1911s cocked and locked for many years...:) Good memories.

Add me to the reason.
First off there is nothing out there that is much different to what I already have, all the new stuff is just a little tweek to what's already available.
What I do need to buy is ammo especially for the elusive .38 Special.
I also need to start looking for 10 round magazines if governor flintstone gets his "gun control bills passed".
Safe-T-Act is scary enough...

9-10lb single action trigger with a false reset...it has not sold well...CSX that is.
I have handled the CSX, to me the trigger isn’t all that bad, my shop sells a lot of them, as for the reset, I don’t bother with it, I always release the trigger all the way and press again, so reset isn’t any issue for me, also it’s not the only gun that has a false reset, even though most won’t ever notice it, but on a XDm Elite if you dry fire it or check to see if chamber is empty, and you ride the slide closed with your hand instead of letting it slam back into battery, there will be two resets, this is a known thing, causes no harm whatsoever, now if you dry fire it and let the slide slam home, it’s not there, just a thing that was found, doesn’t matter to me.

Add me to the reason.
First off there is nothing out there that is much different to what I already have, all the new stuff is just a little tweek to what's already available.
What I do need to buy is ammo especially for the elusive .38 Special.
I also need to start looking for 10 round magazines if governor flintstone gets his "gun control bills passed".
Safe-T-Act is scary enough...
So I would assume you do not reload. .38 Special is real easy to reload and the component selection is really vast. I've reloaded most of my brass for decades and only discard for the occasional split case mouth. I started .38 Special with 2 or 3 thousand once fired brass from Grafs and bought 5 gallon buckets at a few cowboy lost brass matches. I've recently begun reloading coated bullets which do not require lube and like them. You can use a few grains of powder for cheap practice or load to maximum pressure levels at a still reasonable cost.
Reloading makes most sense for expensive rounds such as those of about $1 each, but any savings allow for more shooting for the same amount you otherwise would have spent using factory loads.

I haven't bought a gun in almost 5 years. Someone's already said it but what's being offered now really isn't anything new or Innovative it's just tweaks on what was already available.

I'm not interested in the new Microcompacts. Really, the only gun out there that I'm mildly interested in is The Shield Plus and it doesn't do anything that my glock 26 doesn't already do.

Also, being on a fixed income means that I really don't have the discretionary income to spend on toys.

As others have also said, the pandemic surge is over. I'm pretty sure the people that haven't bought a gun by now are probably not ever going to.

My wife was doing her online shopping the other day and a box of Hamburger Helper costs 1 hour's pay at minimum wage. People don't have the discretionary income to go out and buy guns right now.

We live right next to a food bank. A lot of my neighbors do their grocery shopping there.

My personal belief is that the world's economy is headed for a cliff. People are going to be doing everything they can just put food on the table. Really, a lot of them are doing that right now. I expect gun sales to continue to slow and they don't expect him to come back anytime soon if ever

So I would assume you do not reload. .38 Special is real easy to reload and the component selection is really vast. I've reloaded most of my brass for decades and only discard for the occasional split case mouth. I started .38 Special with 2 or 3 thousand once fired brass from Grafs and bought 5 gallon buckets at a few cowboy lost brass matches. I've recently begun reloading coated bullets which do not require lube and like them. You can use a few grains of powder for cheap practice or load to maximum pressure levels at a still reasonable cost.
Reloading makes most sense for expensive rounds such as those of about $1 each, but any savings allow for more shooting for the same amount you otherwise would have spent using factory loads.

Agreed with all of this; .38spl is one of my favorite calibers to reload…and coated bullets were a game changer.

158gr coated SWC’s over 4gr (? Running off memory) of W231 makes a nice, mild, accurate target load, very suitable for all-day plinking.

Back