testtest

Gun shops empty and rationing ammo

Guns are a major platform piece for both parties (I don't see any real change) but the bigger problem to me is I hardly see young people at the range or actively hunting. My LGC does have a very large 4H Skeet / Trap shooting but I am talking more the recreational shooter. I just don't see many people in the bays under 30/35 which (IMO) makes the lack of younger shooters the largest issue facing ownership. The parties will continue to move their lips with no consequence but losing the next generations of owners will have consequence.

I have noticed the same thing at the range, but I have seen a whole lot of younger people buying guns at Academy and my LGS. I'm a little concerned that young guys may think that they already know how to shoot because of their exposure to first-person shooter video games. I'm hoping that I'm wrong, and it's just that nobody who didn't already have their own stash can find enough ammo to shoot during a range session.

I have noticed the same thing at the range, but I have seen a whole lot of younger people buying guns at Academy and my LGS. I'm a little concerned that young guys may think that they already know how to shoot because of their exposure to first-person shooter video games. I'm hoping that I'm wrong, and it's just that nobody who didn't already have their own stash can find enough ammo to shoot during a range session.
The gun pointing in the correct direction is a start, but hope for better results?

It was a steal I tell ya. Now they’re all mine, my precious 🤑🧙🏻
1605049116483.gif

Went to Kittery Trading Post today in ME and the ammo shelves were mostly bare for all calibers...and this is a store that traditionally has tons of ammo for sale ...and yet os Saturday was in a small gun shop in Springfield, MA and they had lots of 9mm ,CCI and Federal ,with no limit on how much you could buy...for $35.00/box 50 rounds.

Spring field armory , spin up and start finding a way for us to order and receive at our local FFL, people are busy and practice at the range takes time and effort/money, this withholding of stock and ammo price gauging of arms and ammo is boring the **** out of me, there is no excuse for shortages or are your factories employing thumb thumbs for operations. Excuses cost you sales and forces us to settle for less, wake up and get your ass in gear springfield armory.

Spring field armory , spin up and start finding a way for us to order and receive at our local FFL, people are busy and practice at the range takes time and effort/money, this withholding of stock and ammo price gauging of arms and ammo is boring the **** out of me, there is no excuse for shortages or are your factories employing thumb thumbs for operations. Excuses cost you sales and forces us to settle for less, wake up and get your ass in gear springfield armory.
Ammunition manufacturers have all increased production a ton. Most are going several shifts a day. It's not the suppliers, it's the demand. There are a ton of new gun owners who want to use their new guns, so they buy a ton of ammunition. Plus, just as others mentioned earlier, there are plenty of people hoarding which makes it harder for others to find ammunition. There are issues with raw materials from what I've heard, such as copper from South America and lead from China, but I don't have anything to cite to so that might not be true. If it is true then the ammunition manufacturers are having problems, too.

Went to Kittery Trading Post today in ME and the ammo shelves were mostly bare for all calibers...and this is a store that traditionally has tons of ammo for sale ...and yet os Saturday was in a small gun shop in Springfield, MA and they had lots of 9mm ,CCI and Federal ,with no limit on how much you could buy...for $35.00/box 50 rounds.
Ugh, I hope no one buys from them. That's wrong.

Yeah...

You know Springfield doesn’t make ammunition, right?

The rest...man, I think we got us a Russian bot here, because I’m pretty sure English isn’t your first language.

Back