Gun Keeper

• Great idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Meh

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
I use Startpage or Duck Duck Go to do my searches.

Also, I browse with Firefox, with the NoScript extension installed and running. By doing so, I can (1) see what is trying to run quietly in the background and (2) block anything I don't want running in the background. Shockingly, just about every website you visit has Google scripts running in the background; I block all Google scripts from running except for those associated with Google Maps. Occasionally I will temporarily allow Google scripts to run if I can't avoid it.

Even this site (thearmorylife.com/forum) is running "googletagmanager.com" scripts in the background, or trying to (I have them blocked).

(About the only heavily trafficked site I have found that doesn't run Google scripts is Microsoft.com (and all of their sites). And you will be hard pressed to find Microsoft scripts running on any site other than their own sites.)

But even with all of that, I'm sure that Google figures out a way to spy on me. I'm just making it a bit more inconvenient for them.
Digital Privacy/Security (the lack of it) was my motivation for posting the Edward Snowden on Substack.

Regardless of what you think of him/what he has done, your eyes will fly open at what he writes and you may realize how far we all are behind the curve.

One instructional was him doing delicate surgery on a smartphone to remove the two "always on" microphones in the guts of the thing.

And a full piece on Apple, which products I own. Dude is a gold mine for any privacy/intrusion advocate.

Back