testtest

Guns Never Shot……

A few months ago I surprised my wife, bought her a SIG P365 380 ROSE. She held it one time and loved it but she hasn't shot it, she may not. She might just keep it all pretty in the box.

Everything else is usually shot within a day or 2 of purchase.

I thought of a couple I had that qualify.

1. 1968 Interarms Walther PP .380, like new in the box with factory target and all papers. Bought it just because it was cheap and I thought it would be good "swap fodder." I was right. Couple years later I was able to swap it for a used Walther PP in .22LR, no box or goodies, but it came with the MMC adjustable sight on it. I considered that a good swap and I still do.

2. Commercial Browning Hi-Power, no box or goodies, but perfect condition. I'm thinking it might have been made in 1954 or thereabouts. Never shot it, and a few years later I went very, VERY broke and had to sell a few guns and I let that one go. Replaced it in the '80s with a Hungarian clone, which works and shoots well but of course isn't nearly as nicely finished. Today that gun semi-permanently wears a Ciener .22 conversion, and is a favorite shooter.

I don't buy firearms to look at. If I buy one , I am shooting it. Just how I roll. ;)
1685820426445.jpeg

How many guns have you bought then sold without shooting them?
me: Walther PPK Manurhin
FN FNP
A pair of Ruger Vaqueros
Winchester lever action
CZ PO1
ATI 1911 Commander
Probably about a dozen. Off the top of my head a Wasr 10, Vepr FM in x39 and 308, Npap DF, S&W 686 3" and M69, Sig P938, PTR 91, a few ARs I built, Taurus P911, Kimber K6s, Glock 17, CZ P07, Mossberg Shockwave, and many more.

I buy guns I really like and for collection purposes, but I typically only shoot and want to shoot guns I carry and use for self-defense at the range which are about 4 out of the many firearms I own.

Last edited:
It’s mostly trying to find time to get to the Range. I belong to a private Range close to my house and still find it difficult to find the time. When I do find time I tend to shoot my EDC. I might average hitting the range at least once a month. Hopefully I will find more time. I have a few never fired and few not fired in along time. Fired this Shockwave once

Attachments

• F5E0C52D-2FEC-4903-A1A7-70BFDDD59E2A.jpeg
    F5E0C52D-2FEC-4903-A1A7-70BFDDD59E2A.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 66
I have one revolver that was shot by the factory only.
I have no excuse.
Maybe when I can find some "reasonable" priced .38's the revolvers can get their turn.
I've been using .38 Special from Defender Ammo. If you buy 1000 rounds, it prices out at 38¢ per round. I've been using their .45 Colt, too, and everything has been flawless. They're veteran owned, too, so, for me, that's a plus.

Mike

I used to be really bad about that, especially with somewhat rare or more expensive firearms. Somehow I thought that not firing them would keep them in pristine condition, and it does, but you never get to appreciate the firearm.

I have four different versions of S&W 945's that are all unfired and all have their original presentation cases and paperwork. Same thing for a couple of Kimber 1911's and a HK MP5.

I have tried to overcome that flaw and now shoot all of my new firearms, but for some reason I still can't force myself to shoot those 945's and the MP5.

I used to be really bad about that, especially with somewhat rare or more expensive firearms. Somehow I thought that not firing them would keep them in pristine condition, and it does, but you never get to appreciate the firearm.

I have four different versions of S&W 945's that are all unfired and all have their original presentation cases and paperwork. Same thing for a couple of Kimber 1911's and a HK MP5.

I have tried to overcome that flaw and now shoot all of my new firearms, but for some reason I still can't force myself to shoot those 945's and the MP5.
You have an MP5 and you've never shot it ? I'm pretty sure that against the law. It's abuse of some kind. Poor little subgun.

I have to correct my post. I must have been having a biden moment.😉
I should have said I have an unfired HK SP5, not a MP5.
The SP5 has remained unfired because when I have a desire to shoot a sub gun I get out the PTR9KT.
It's A blast to shoot and it allows the HK to stay clean. I do have a MP5 but it is the rifle version and it has been fired.

Back