testtest

Hammer vs. Striker: Which Do You Need?

For me it’s a matter of intended use. Different jobs and situations require different tools. I like them both but I look at the old steel hammered pistols as more of a long term investment than I do the plastic strikers.

that said, I’m at work right now and like every other day at work I have a striker on me.

I have an XDM & XDE I would like to see Springfield Armory make and XDM full-size pistol but with Hammer Fired DA with a safety / de-cocker and a High Capacity magazine just like the XDM OSP 4.5 " and XDM Elite U Notch / DOT sights.

I own several strikers, but there’s only one I like to carry—the P7.

Otherwise, for carry, I prefer hammers.
I had an H&K P7 M-13 & M-8 Squeeze Cockers it took a while to get use to them but they were accurate I sold them when money got tight in 1986 or 87. I was told it was the sidearm of the New Jersey State Police .

I purchased the XDe 4.5 inch and I love it. Not comfortable carrying it though. Still getting the muscle memory down: draw, safety, loooonggg pull, reaquire, short pull. Used to the simplicity of the striker fire. I carry with one in the chamber (here’s the opportunity to tell me I’m nuts😜), and am comfortable with the safeties inherent in the XDs and XD (grip, trigger).

Just a matter of getting used to it. Got all summer. It’s a fall/winter carry. I think.

I purchased the XDe 4.5 inch and I love it. Not comfortable carrying it though. Still getting the muscle memory down: draw, safety, loooonggg pull, reaquire, short pull. Used to the simplicity of the striker fire. I carry with one in the chamber (here’s the opportunity to tell me I’m nuts😜), and am comfortable with the safeties inherent in the XDs and XD (grip, trigger).

Just a matter of getting used to it. Got all summer. It’s a fall/winter carry. I think.

Personally, I’m of the firm belief you’re nuts if you DON’T carry with a round chambered; otherwise, you don’t have a firearm, you have a short, ineffectual club that might, given time and opportunity, be made into a functional firearm.

;)

Personally, I’m of the firm belief you’re nuts if you DON’T carry with a round chambered; otherwise, you don’t have a firearm, you have a short, ineffectual club that might, given time and opportunity, be made into a functional firearm.

;)
I agree no round in the chamber spells disaster if you need to deploy your weapon quickly in an emergency.

Your not nuts. In a gunfight seconds matter.
57531C46-0928-4495-8E1E-E355F6989874.gif

In the above post, you would NOT of had time to rack your slide, and use your other arm to hold off the assailant. Period. I’m not trying to go off track on this thread here but a gun not chambered is as useless as a car with no gas. Practice it and have a good holster that covers your trigger. Now, I have both, striker and hammer and have both for different applications. I enjoy shooting both as well

Your not nuts. In a gunfight seconds matter. View attachment 7100
In this video there is one problem. We should see the coroner removing the assaulter after the cashier pulls his firearm AND pulls the trigger. Customer pulls gun on cashier. Cashier should have dispatched him when he pulled that gun. Customer could have hip fired after cashier put his hand out and ruined his life.

;)
Pretty much says it all! The reallity is that no gun owner/concealed carrier is "nuts" when it's all for the right reasons. Personal preference does play a part in every scenario, but certain aspects of it are a given.

regards,
jumpinjoe

Back