testtest

Hand gun preference

You Handgun Preference

• Revolver

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Pistol

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters
Would never shoot a pistol from inside clothing. Slide bunches up some cloth and that could spell real trouble getting it loose. Revolver better. Now best is the enclosed hammer revolver as it won't get caught on much of anything.

I did a lot of back and forth with myself over this question annd finally decided to vote for the revolver. My first handgun was a revolver ( Ruger Security-Six .357 mag. ) and that is where my weakness lies. I have owned several versions of 1911 and loved them all as well as many other pistols but a revolver SA or DA/SA in any caliber makes me drool.

For me I have no preference, they are tools for specific use.
Some autos have a larger capacity for edc, but in warmer months a snub can hide in a pocket with a couple of speed strips.
I like a revolver for a nightstand firearm , because when things go bump in the night I know the revolver is ready to go I
don't have to think if it has been chambered or worry about a safety when I was rudely awaken.
But that's just me, I was taught to shoot with revolvers.
Just train with whatever you are comfortable with.
I have and use both...

I did a lot of back and forth with myself over this question annd finally decided to vote for the revolver. My first handgun was a revolver ( Ruger Security-Six .357 mag. ) and that is where my weakness lies. I have owned several versions of 1911 and loved them all as well as many other pistols but a revolver SA or DA/SA in any caliber makes me drool.

Had the Sec 6 for years.... love that with a 4" barrel. First gun I ever reloaded ammo for.

For me I have no preference, they are tools for specific use.
Some autos have a larger capacity for edc, but in warmer months a snub can hide in a pocket with a couple of speed strips.
I like a revolver for a nightstand firearm , because when things go bump in the night I know the revolver is ready to go I
don't have to think if it has been chambered or worry about a safety when I was rudely awaken.
But that's just me, I was taught to shoot with revolvers.
Just train with whatever you are comfortable with.
I have and use both...

Can't argue that at all. I have more wheel than auto. Carry either or both. Raised with the revolver I have
moved over to the auto. It's my go to gun now.
Use what ever feels best is my motto......

Nice Colts there Ginge, I myself have carried both, I really have no preference though, with today’s ammo both will work, but the semi automatic does hold more ammo and is a lot faster if you have to reload, unless your Jerry Miculek on reloads, the semi auto wins. I carry the S&W Shield 9mm myself, but have carried a Ruger LCR in .38 spl.

The S&W Mod 49 Bodyguard is a great pocket gun. Had one of these for years. Specifically designed to not get hung up on clothing.

Bodyguard.jpg

There are all kinds of great nearly impossible shots made. My goal is to not ever be in a position where I have to attempt one of those. I just want to be good enough to evaluate the situation quickly and be the survivor along with any other innocents involved.

I try to stick with one carry gun for familiarity and for the many reasons stated above stick with the autos. I do carry a S&W 640 pro in an ankle rig as a BUG at times. Good night sights, enough heft to handle magnum loads, and carries like a dream in the Desantis Apache.

Nice Colts there Ginge, I myself have carried both, I really have no preference though, with today’s ammo both will work, but the semi automatic does hold more ammo and is a lot faster if you have to reload, unless your Jerry Miculek on reloads, the semi auto wins. I carry the S&W Shield 9mm myself, but have carried a Ruger LCR in .38 spl.
One could only strive too be as proficient. I saw a video when he did it with a wheel gun, not sure on how many shots, but it was fast. Muscle memory did not fail!

Come on! We can too. If you roll 50 games a day, every day, you most likely will be a pro bowler. If you throw a couple thousand down range a day, everyday, you can be a champion shooter. Problem is we don't care to be that dedicated. I bowl to have fun with friends. Shoot for the same reason, but, do it a lot more often to be a much better shooter than bowler as that 16# ball is way to heavy to carry around. Of course it could be open carry.
So I do practice. Lately not as much as I'd like but still do the dry fire.
We all need to practice if we carry to be the best we can. Lives may be depending on it. Lecture/Rant Done. IMHO

Come on! We can too. If you roll 50 games a day, every day, you most likely will be a pro bowler. If you throw a couple thousand down range a day, everyday, you can be a champion shooter. Problem is we don't care to be that dedicated. I bowl to have fun with friends. Shoot for the same reason, but, do it a lot more often to be a much better shooter than bowler as that 16# ball is way to heavy to carry around. Of course it could be open carry.
So I do practice. Lately not as much as I'd like but still do the dry fire.
We all need to practice if we carry to be the best we can. Lives may be depending on it. Lecture/Rant Done. IMHO
I also would like to bowl, golf and shoot more often. but since I retired the funds for fun are not there anymore.

Back