testtest

Hellcat ADE Spike

Optics Planet also needs to correlate real time with online availability better. Same with NRA Store. Many things say available online aren't in real time. If they'd simply put "backordered" or "out of stock" on items, would wait or at least know what to expect beforehand. Get's old real quick.
Optics Planet is a joke. Optics Factory keeps you updated on availability right there on their site. It tells you if you ordered the ADE Spike red dot after Jan. 3rd that order will ship Feb. 10th. Just like you say a lot of sites who haven’t even release a new product will have it on the site but it’s actually a place holder. Surefire is releasing a new Surefire XSC micro light for the Hellcat but they have been promising to release it since last year but they have it on their site as Out of Stock. lol. It was never in stock

Optics Planet also needs to correlate real time with online availability better. Same with NRA Store. Many things say available online aren't in real time. If they'd simply put "backordered" or "out of stock" on items, would wait or at least know what to expect beforehand. Get's old real quick.
They probably do that intentionally just to get the sale.

Do NOT order from "OpticsPlanet". Absolutely notorious for stating items are in stock when they know full well they do not have them. Horrible shipping times. Terrible communications. Don't get sucked in.

Thanks. Guess you really can't go by what the company says. I'd really prefer 100% cowitness. My problem isn't the astigmatism, it's that I'm right handed and left eye dominant. I know you can change where you hold the gun to position it more in front of your left eye, but I don't really like that. I have a RDS on my AR pistol and I can keep both eyes open using it as opposed to having to keep my left eye closed with a scope, so I think the RDS on my Hellcat will be useful to me. I think it's at least worth a try.

Guess at this point, I'll stick with going with one of the Shield's at this point since I know they 100% cowitness. Just in case the RDS fails.

Appreciate the info for sure!!

Let me start by saying I am in no way trying to talk you out of the red dot. I have them, I use them, I love them. I am also right handed and left eye dominant. I shoot everything except scoped rifles with both eyes open. That includes irons on all my carry pistols. The slight adjustment to line your left eye up with the front sight is so small and slight that it's not even noticeable to an instructor who is watching you shoot. I have been doing it so long I don't even think about it. I started out by focusing on the front sight and then imposing the sight picture on the target. After a very short time this all became just the natural way I shoot. I was at a class yesterday and I was just knocking the hell out of the bullseye doing movement drills. Between 5 and 20 yards moving forward, backward and laterally. At several points the instructor and his assistant made comments on it. The assistant ( who is a young, combat marine) was very interested when I told him I was cross eye dominant. He started watching me shoot and asking questions about what I was doing. I have a feeling he may be cross eye dominant too. He didn't do any shooting so I don't know how successful he is with his correction technique.

Anyway, just a long rambling story to say that with just a slight change in technique and in a very short amount of time your cross eye dominance can be relegated to the irrelevant.

A red dot absolutely does significantly diminish the disadvantage of cross eye dominance too though.

I’ve got the Ade spike in my amazon Shopping cart , who has one and how have you liked it so far?

Let us know how you like it. Great price point, but so many good deals right now on optics its hard to take a leap. Even Romeo zero with shrouds are going for 140ish or less at times. Saw a holo 407k for sub 200 recently as well.

Let us know how you like it. Great price point, but so many good deals right now on optics its hard to take a leap. Even Romeo zero with shrouds are going for 140ish or less at times. Saw a holo 407k for sub 200 recently as well.
Haven’t purchased it yet, was hoping to see others experiences with it so far

Idk if this is an issue with just mine but the auto dimming at night basically turns it off my hellcat osp has a front night sight but it rendered the red dot useless at night for me.

Back