testtest

Hellcat EDC?

I haven't carried mine yet as I've only had it a short time now but it shoots and feels great. I got the OSP but haven't gotten an optic yet because I'm wanting to wait and see what other companies will offer for it. I bet Vortex and Burris are working on it. I do have on order a CYA Supply Co holster for it. They make them for the Hellcat but if yours is the OSP you have to note that.

New to this forum...

I am now carrying the Hellcat daily with the extension on the flush grip and three of the higher capacity magazines. This gun is a replacement for a long carried XDs. I now have over over 5,000 rounds through the gun with no failures and only two cleanings.

Part of the round count was a heads up test against the Sig 365 for Guns Save Lives. I much preferred the SA iron sights to the Sig sights because they are faster to acquire. Both triggers could use some improvement. Both are equally accurate but the Hellcat required a different grip and trigger figure placement to get the gun to shoot where I wanted. Most of the shooting was one handed because that is the way I train with a CQC gun.

I have been carrying since 1970 and this is the gun I have always wished for but didn't exist until now.

New to this forum...

I am now carrying the Hellcat daily with the extension on the flush grip and three of the higher capacity magazines. This gun is a replacement for a long carried XDs. I now have over over 5,000 rounds through the gun with no failures and only two cleanings.

Part of the round count was a heads up test against the Sig 365 for Guns Save Lives. I much preferred the SA iron sights to the Sig sights because they are faster to acquire. Both triggers could use some improvement. Both are equally accurate but the Hellcat required a different grip and trigger figure placement to get the gun to shoot where I wanted. Most of the shooting was one handed because that is the way I train with a CQC gun.

I have been carrying since 1970 and this is the gun I have always wished for but didn't exist until now.

Awesome review

Has anyone carried their Hellcat for over a month now? How do you like it? Any issues carrying with a red dot installed on the OSP?
I EDC carry my Springfield Armory HellCat OSP 9MM Pistol along with 4 13 round mags loaded with the Speer 124 grain Gold Dot +P ammo. My Holster is the Urban Carry G-3 Lieutenant Holster. I find this carry option the most comfortable. In the past, I carried the XDM Full Size 4.5" 9mm & The XDE .45 ACP. 🔫🇺🇸💯 %

The Hellcat is my EDC. Don’t have the optics on mine yet but will soon. I’ve found several companies carrying the OSP model holsters like Vedder and upperhandholsters.com
You should give the Urban Carry G3 "Lieutenant" Holster a try I have the OSP Optic on my HellCat 9MM and I love it!🔫🇺🇸💯 %

You should give the Urban Carry G3 "Lieutenant" Holster a try I have the OSP Optic on my HellCat 9MM and I love it!🔫🇺🇸💯 %
I have an urban carry holster but I can’t use it. The draw is unparalleled to any other for sure but I can’t get the pistol out of my waist band.

I tried the G3, it just didn't work for me. It was uncomfortable for me and very hard to get the gun out. If I made the belt lose enough to get the gun out my pants would fall down from the weight.

I went through my holster storage box and found an old Fist holster I had made for the S&W CS40 I carried at work (I'm retired)..fits like it was designed for it, including the optic..trigger is completely covered & enough tension to shake while upside down, but easy to draw and reholster..not as pretty as it was, but the leather is still rigid and it holds the gun close to my side..
Happy guy..

Has anyone carried their Hellcat for over a month now? How do you like it? Any issues carrying with a red dot installed on the OSP?
Been carrying more than a month, but only every now and then ..... not every day. I sometimes switch off with my PF9.

regards,
jumpinjoe

I think I remember seeing a 'Youtube' video where 3 guys traded off the Hellcat and continously fired 2,000 rnds without a hiccup. It was pretty impressive.

regards,
jumpinjoe

I think this is the new standard that Springfield has adopted. They also did a 10k torture test for the XDM 10MM, and I would not be surprised if they do a 10k test shortly for the XDM Elite 9mm!
@Louis G. @Mike H. @The Armory Life Hint, hint, guys!!

Has anyone equipped your Hellcat with the Viridian C5L laser light? I have the Shield red dot, but I'm thinking of going a different way..not pulling the trigger (pun intended) until I find a good holster that will accept it..any help appreciated..

Has anyone equipped your Hellcat with the Viridian C5L laser light? I have the Shield red dot, but I'm thinking of going a different way..not pulling the trigger (pun intended) until I find a good holster that will accept it..any help appreciated..
I actually have the Viridian C5L. I would love to see the match up between the two (Shield & C5L) on the Hellcat. The problem is the Hellcat is so new not many have holsters for these attachments yet. I'm sure you could reach out to Versa carry (Hopefully i spelled that right) or Upper Hand Holsters to name a few and see if they can make you a holster built for that match up.

Back