testtest

Hellcat OSP Optic choices

I have only used the Shield RMSc so far but after reading the story on The Armory Life about the SwampFox sights I have ordered a couple. Interested to see how they fare? I have had no problems with the Shields but always looking for new things. BTW I can pretty much hit the head of a USPSA target at 25 with my Hellcat OSP all day long so the thing must be a pretty great shooter. Not all little guns are so accurate. Very few likely..

Hellcat is very accurate. Love it

Off to get the new trigger put in from Apex

BTW ACE hardware sells gun screws
Guy, thanks again. I went to ACE Hardware today. They didn't have the length I needed, but I brought the 10.1 screws from Swampfox and they grinded them down for me no charge.

BTW, something hit me today... I joined this forum specifically because I was looking shopping for an optic for my Hellcat and after a few of you guys mentioned the Swampfox Sentinel, decided to go with it. So...why am I the only one mentioning these issues with the screws? @Guy Mancuso I know your story, but what about anyone else that got the Sentinel? Which screws did you use? Did you have no issues with the 7mm ones??

I think they where 7.5 size
Whatever they were they were too short for me. As I said previously, one set doesn't thread at all, and the other set led to my sight flying off at the range. I hope yours is good to go, but I'll caution you that Swampfox told me (from customer feedback) that I should grind the 10.1 mm ones down to 9.5 mm overall length to get their recommended fit--this leads me to believe that the updated screw kit they are working on will have M4 9.5 mm screws for the Hellcat. 9.5 mm vs 7.5 mm sounds like a big difference to me, but I am new to all this so take it for what it's worth. All I can say for sure is that thing went flying off after a few rounds of 124 gr. +p with those 7.5 mm screws in.

This screw thing with the Sentinel and Hellcat is getting concerning! I reread the forum review that Richard wrote and he says he used the included screws and tools to mount his. He does not say which screws he used, but it seems to be fine after a good number of rounds. This review is one of the main reasons I went with the Sentinel (here is the link if someone missed it: https://www.thearmorylife.com/swampfox-sentinel-your-next-hellcat-red-dot/
I have also seen images from other Sentinel reviews using the Hellcat where the 10.6 (I think) screw size is pretty legible in the image. Surely one of the screw sets the Sentinel comes with truly works without the tools drama...

On the Hellcat, the important point on screws, no matter which optic and I have mounted the Romeo Zero, the RMSc and the 507K is that the screws should protrude from the base 2.4mm (0.95") and not more. This information is in the Hellcat owner's manual. Then tighten to the torque specified by the optic which usually ranges between 9"/lbs and 15"/lbs depending on how much force the base can take. Usually the polymers require less. I have followed this guidance and not had an issue with any of these optics and fired well over 1,000 rounds with one or more of these optics installed.

Guy, you just stick the screws through the red dot and measure how far they protrude (hold it seated in the screw hole). You don't need to have the weapon to determine the screw length. I use a micrometer but a simple ruler will work.

It's on the gun with its dust cover on. But looking in my box . I have the M3x5. 12mm and I also have 4 M4 10.1 in the box what's not in the box are two

M4x0.7 effective 7.5 which are the ones I used but remember at first this did not work with the protector than I tried later on and I put the protector on the gun first than it worked with a soc

Attachments

• 8A0CC579-10F4-40CD-9B70-1E48EEDC3F91.jpeg
    8A0CC579-10F4-40CD-9B70-1E48EEDC3F91.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 256
It's on the gun with its dust cover on. But looking in my box . I have the M3x5. 12mm and I also have 4 M4 10.1 in the box what's not in the box are two

M4x0.7 effective 7.5 which are the ones I used but remember at first this did not work with the protector than I tried later on and I put the protector on the gun first than it worked with a soc
Is the protector the same thing as the dust cover you talk about?

No dust cover goes on top of the red dot . Keeps protecting the unit itself

The protector is the battery cover per say. Protects the bottom of unit. Very thin plastic

This screw thing with the Sentinel and Hellcat is getting concerning! I reread the forum review that Richard wrote and he says he used the included screws and tools to mount his. He does not say which screws he used, but it seems to be fine after a good number of rounds. This review is one of the main reasons I went with the Sentinel (here is the link if someone missed it: https://www.thearmorylife.com/swampfox-sentinel-your-next-hellcat-red-dot/
I have also seen images from other Sentinel reviews using the Hellcat where the 10.6 (I think) screw size is pretty legible in the image. Surely one of the screw sets the Sentinel comes with truly works without the tools drama...
Don't write off the Sentinel. On this forum at least, I seem to be the only one experiencing issues with it. I might have very well gotten a lemon. In my previous posts, I mentioned one set of the 7.5mm screws working fine but chalked up to user error because I definitely didn't tighten them to recommended. I also didn't use threadlocker as the Swampfox instructions dictate. Either way, there are several on here and on that review that didn't use threadlocker or go for longer screws that have had no issues. If anything (I've learned), this speaks to the Sentinel's versatility in that different users have used different screws with no issues. And more importantly, screws that are included in the Sentinel's package. You most likely didn't see but many posts ago I admitted I am a total newb and I really chalk up the brunt of my issues so far to user error/inexperience/not following directions. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Don't write off the Sentinel. On this forum at least, I seem to be the only one experiencing issues with it. I might have very well gotten a lemon. In my previous posts, I mentioned one set of the 7.5mm screws working fine but chalked up to user error because I definitely didn't tighten them to recommended. I also didn't use threadlocker as the Swampfox instructions dictate. Either way, there are several on here and on that review that didn't use threadlocker or go for longer screws that have had no issues. If anything (I've learned), this speaks to the Sentinel's versatility in that different users have used different screws with no issues. And more importantly, screws that are included in the Sentinel's package. You most likely didn't see but many posts ago I admitted I am a total newb and I really chalk up the brunt of my issues so far to user error/inexperience/not following directions. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Thanks for the info! I am a pleasing shade of green myself, having not owned a pistol for 25 years! My Sentinel will ship next month and I think I have enough info to use the right screws (sounds like the 7.5mms), use LockTight on the threads per the manual and tighten well. Can't wait to zero-in and work with it! Thanks to all.

Try putting on the battery cover sheet on the mount first on the body. That worked for me getting it on the gun first than throw the red dot on it. Im not convinced the tool included is the real answer to getting it tightened down. No real torque leverage you get. I use a socket bit screwdriver with the correct bit on it and was able to torque down very well.

Try putting on the battery cover sheet on the mount first on the body. That worked for me getting it on the gun first than throw the red dot on it. Im not convinced the tool included is the real answer to getting it tightened down. No real torque leverage you get. I use a socket bit screwdriver with the correct bit on it and was able to torque down very well.
Will do! Thank you very much.

Guy...the gunsmith had to use a socket bit screwdriver to get that screw out also. The small allen that was included with the optic, as you pointed out, didn't have enough torque.

Guy...the gunsmith had to use a socket bit screwdriver to get that screw out also. The small allen that was included with the optic, as you pointed out, didn't have enough torque.

Good to know Mike thanks , now we know officially it’s a bear. LOL

im going assume the same for all these optics. Damn hellcat has some force to it.

BTW looking back at selling my Sig p365 for the Hellcat was one of my better decisions

Back