testtest

Hellcat OSP Optic choices

No thread locker but with protector on and I used a real size socket screw driver With a bit. So it’s tightened very tight. I agree it should not fly off like that. I’d try something with some meat on it if you know what I mean

No thread locker but with protector on and I used a real size socket screw driver With a bit. So it’s tightened very tight. I agree it should not fly off like that. I’d try something with some meat on it if you know what I mean
Not sure what you mean. You mean longer screws or tighten it harder?

You should use a torque driver. Recommended is around 15"/lbs.
I don't have a torque driver. I only have a rachet screwdriver and an impact driver (which I'm sure is overkill). Is it possible to hand-tighten to 15"/lbs.? Btw, I read somewhere that they recommend 9"/lbs. for the Sentinel (idk why). Anyway, if the Sentinel includes that hand tool, common sense tells me that I can hand-tighten to their recommended 15"/lbs. with that little tool. Don't know anything about torque, so definitely need advice on this one.

Also, I went to local Home Depot the other day to try to find M4s as close as possible to Swampfox's recommended effective length of 8.6mm but they only had socket screws with no cap, which I figured was not a good idea. I did this because I don't have a tool to grind the screws down. I tried with tile cutters and wire cutters, no luck. I have a heavy duty file which I haven't tried yet though...

Amazon sells numerous hand torque tools and some are very reasonable (under $50). Some sights recommend 9"/lbs and other give a range of 9"-15"/lbs. I think it is based on the base material and thickness. Polymer usually has the lower setting but thin Aluminum can also have the lower number (if I recall correctly the RMSc was 9"). A Dremel tool is an easy way to have a small grinding surface which I have used in the past as well as a fine file to file down screws.

Hi guys! Just registered and thought I would share my gear choices.

I just bought my Hellcat OSP on the 4th of this month. I had rented a P360 and tried it out, but I liked the features of the Hellcat better and am really glad I went with it. Having tried it now, the Hellcat is great.

After reading your comments and seeing the review of the optical sights that will fit on the Hellcat OSP here in the forum, I went with Swapmfox Sentinel auto. I ordered directly from the company, but was bummed the ship date is Sept 17th! They are very popular it would seem! Wish they were made in the USA...

Anyway, I also picked up two DeSantis holsters, the Nemesis and the Variable 87, I confirmed both accommodate the optical sight. I plan to take some classes for additional training, CCW and the USCCA. I am very happy with these products.

You should be able to find the Riton in stock. It is essentially the same as the manual Swampfox Sentinel. I think it is made by the same company and rebranded by each seller. The online price is $200.

Still looking for the right screws for my Sentinel. Emailed Swampfox and they're still working on an upgraded "screw pack". Can't be mad at them for taking the initiative to make something new to help some customers having issues. For now, I've been carrying and shooting my Hellcat without an optic. Been looking online to buy M4 x 8.5-9.5mm screws...

You should be able to find the Riton in stock. It is essentially the same as the manual Swampfox Sentinel. I think it is made by the same company and rebranded by each seller. The online price is $200.
barjohn...after some great advice from Guy Mancuso and you, I decided to purchase a Riton X3 MPRD Tactix. In talking directly with them, it's footprint was advertised as exactly fitting the Shield footprint on my Hellcat. The MOA is 3, a little smaller than I would prefer, but doable/useable. The price for a manual red dot was $199 plus tax, free shipping.
I received it yesterday and the fun began. Of the two screws that held he optic plate on the Hellcat, one came off relatively easy, the other not so much. In fact, I came close to screwing up the screw...so, this morning I went back to the gun store where I bought it. The owner, Bob Creek, tried to loosen the screw, but nope. Bob said this was the second Hellcat with the same problem in the past two weeks.
Bob recommended a Master Gunsmth in Avon, IN, just a few miles from his store, so away I went. I
Allen Moore got the screw out and offered to mount the optic. Thank goodness I accepted because the screws provided by Riton were too long and Allen had to grind them down. (I notified Riton as soon as I got home, suggesting they provide the correct screws.) Allen did a great job and I'm appreciative of his help.
Next stop the range and zeroing it in

Maybe not the best solution but I ordered an assortment of screws from Amazon here. Maybe you can find or modify the screw you need. I have done this in the past.

I'm glad that Allen Moore was able to handle the glitch. I hope that Riton takes the steps necessary to include the applicable screws.

Maybe not the best solution but I ordered an assortment of screws from Amazon here. Maybe you can find or modify the screw you need. I have done this in the past.
Thanks. I did a little Amazon and Ebay searching earlier as well. Unfortunately haven't been able to find the right size... Swampfox recommends M4 with effective length of 8.6mm and overall length of 9.5mm. I went to Home Depot the other day and they had some that were close but they were socket head or button screws and not the flat, countersunk ones that the Sentinel needs... Also, tried filing with my heavy duty 4 side file and no dice... I went at one for a good 10 minutes and barely removed the black finish. At that rate, I figure it would take about 4 days of straight filing to actually file off 0.6mm.

I may try going to home depot again tomorrow with the actual screws and ask if they can do it for me.

I used my knife sharpener it has a belt with various grits of sand paper and made quick work of it. I have also use my crimping wire stripper in the past. It has several threaded holes that you can secure the screw into such that the amount you want to cut off protrudes and then just squeeze hard and it cuts off the end and unscrewing it cleans up the thread.

Really? Apparently there is one in my city. Thanks, I'll check it out.

I obtained several screw head types for my RZ from Ace. Their little trays of screws run the gambit of materials and screw head styles. You should be able to find one that fits there no problem.

I have only used the Shield RMSc so far but after reading the story on The Armory Life about the SwampFox sights I have ordered a couple. Interested to see how they fare? I have had no problems with the Shields but always looking for new things. BTW I can pretty much hit the head of a USPSA target at 25 with my Hellcat OSP all day long so the thing must be a pretty great shooter. Not all little guns are so accurate. Very few likely..

Back