testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

I sent mine in for the battery issue and it arrived at Springfield Feb 14th, I called today and they're still waiting for the replacements to come in, she thought it should be this week.

Not sure how much hope I have reading about multiple replacements here, might just take my lumps and trade my 20 round hellcat for a P365 after I get the Wasp back, I regret buying the combo, if I'd bought gun and sight separately, I could just return the optic and switch to another brand, but since I bought them together that's not really an option. Never thought about it when I bought it, thought it was nice they came as a pair.

I sent mine in for the battery issue and it arrived at Springfield Feb 14th, I called today and they're still waiting for the replacements to come in, she thought it should be this week.

Not sure how much hope I have reading about multiple replacements here, might just take my lumps and trade my 20 round hellcat for a P365 after I get the Wasp back, I regret buying the combo, if I'd bought gun and sight separately, I could just return the optic and switch to another brand, but since I bought them together that's not really an option. Never thought about it when I bought it, thought it was nice they came as a pair.
Patients grasshopper!

We all feel you. I purchased the rdp package because of the miro gun, sight and compemsator. But 30 days of battery life is not cutting it. If it was a year, i could live with that. But springfield days 2 years battery life. I have changed 3 batteries out everyday 30 days now. So definitely its the wasp. But lets be patient and I am sure springfield will make things rigjt. Let see . We all have to continue and talk about this issue until springfield says, yes there is a problem and we are correcting it. Hopefully

I figure they'll get there eventually, and if I still had the sight, I could feed it a battery every couple of weeks, but having it gone over a month is the issue I have, they shouldn't have had me send it in with no replacements available. I could feed it a battery every couple of weeks and still had it to use. It's starting to warm up so carrying a VP9L isn't going to work much longer, need to get something smaller and I'm hooked on the red dots now so I'm not willing to go back.

I ended up selling mine off. Ended up going green, and holosun. For the price point, and durability (although just going to believe the sage dynamics guy and his drop tests), the HS 407/507k has been great.
I too have the Holosun 507k on my Hellcat and love it. I don’t know about these Wasps. My buddy has one but he doesn’t CC it ever.

Another recent Wasp owner here with dead battery syndrome. Got mine late December 2021. Battery dead late Jan 2022. At Springfield now waiting on a replacement. Thinking I likely made a mistake here and bought a piece of junk. In addition to the battery issue, the windage adjustment screw on mine was crazy loose. I think I could have blown on it and it would have moved. I only had an opportunity to put 100 rounds through it after zero, and amazingly enough it held, but I think long term it was going to be a problem.

The Hex Wasp has some very similar design features to the Vector which is a really cheap piece of Chinese crap. My guess is the same company makes both the Vector and the Wasp. Springfield probably just had a few cosmetic changes (forward leaning hood, serrations), but the guts are likely the same. What I really wanted was the 507K, but do not want a plate, and do not want to modify my slide. For the life of me I cannot understand why Holosun chose to not make these fit the Hellcat without mods.

I don't have any confidence here that Springfield has fixed the Wasp issues. No evidence to support it, but just what my gut tells me.

Also see someone in another post saying the Trijicon RMRcc will fit the Hellcat. It will not without machining your slide or using a plate. It is significantly longer that others using the RMSc footprint.
Jimmy, may I ask why you don’t want a mounting plate?

I too have the Holosun 507k on my Hellcat and love it. I don’t know about these Wasps. My buddy has one but he doesn’t CC it ever.
Does the lack of 100% co-witness not bother you? Have you had an opportunity to look through one that does co-witness 100% to actually compare and see the difference? Just curious.

I did have a chance to use both and once I saw the 100% there was no going back for me. Probably not a total deal breaker, but given a choice it was hands down the 100% for me. Thanks.

Does the lack of 100% co-witness not bother you? Have you had an opportunity to look through one that does co-witness 100% to actually compare and see the difference? Just curious.

I did have a chance to use both and once I saw the 100% there was no going back for me. Probably not a total deal breaker, but given a choice it was hands down the 100% for me. Thanks.
100% co-witness? What’s that? 😂. I guess I don’t know what I’m missing so I don’t even know what I don’t even know.

I'm convinced SA will get hold of the Wasp battery issue in pretty short order and you'll get what you originally were counting on. And the fact you bought it as a package of the the sight and gun together shouldn't prevent you from selling just the sight at some later time if you desired would it? (Just a personal aside here) but: I wouldn't trade/sell my Hellcat for any two "Sig's". Not there is anything bad with the Sig's, just that my Hellcat is a HELLCAT! :D

Just a point of info here, but I ordered a Wasp back in Aug of '21, but did not install the battery in it until Dec of '21 when due to this very thread I installed it just to see how it would perform. It just sat there in my safe for those few months because about a year earlier I had bought the Shield SMSc, installed it and loved it. It's going on almost 3 months now sitting on top of my desk in full light most of the time since I installed the battery and as of 5 minutes ago when I checked it, it's still going strong.

Obviously this doesn't mean I won't ever have an issue with it, but 'so far, so good'. I'm thinking mine must have been from the original supply of the sight and does not, for whatever reason, have the battery problem. I intend to leave it with battery installed in the immediate future since I don't need it for my Hellcat and so can just watch and wait. We'll see.

Co witness is when your red dot meets with your front sight. Basically
Well that and a touch more ..... 100% co-witness is when you can see the total sight picture of your iron sights all while simultaneously seeing the red dot on target. Being able to see just a small portion of the front sight while holding the red dot on target is something less than 100% and usually means you are only effectively using the lower 1/3rd of the viewing window.

And depending on where your gun irons and the red dot is zero'ed, the red dot should sit right on top of the gun's front sight. That being the case means you can use the same/very similar trajectory/elevation holds at distance with the dot that you would use the irons.

It doesn't sound like a big thing when reading about it, and to some it apparently isn't, but once you see/try the actual difference, you may be one who sees the real advantage of the 100% co-witnessing. I originally didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the difference and fired some rounds for myself. It sounds far more complicated than it really is, but trust me ................ It's a whole lot 'gooder' !!! ;):):)

I know that's not a real word, I just couldn't resist !!! LOL!

Back