testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

A bit off topic of the battery life.
I have two Wasps. One has been returned and replaced for dead battery problems. The other seems normal.

But...on the replacement unit I am having a problem with acquiring the red dot without a great deal of effort. I actually think it is turning off and then coming back with the moving around to find the dot. I would accept that it was somehow me except that it is not my first one and this was not the case on the other two.

Anyone else. I really am not looking forward to sending it back for yet another problem.
I had a similar issue with mine it's almost like it's drifting around the dot.

Damm what going on with these wasp. Any quality control before introduced to the market. Because it seems, the major problem is the dead battery issue, now you have another issue. Call them up see what they say and replace if needed.

A bit off topic of the battery life.
I have two Wasps. One has been returned and replaced for dead battery problems. The other seems normal.

But...on the replacement unit I am having a problem with acquiring the red dot without a great deal of effort. I actually think it is turning off and then coming back with the moving around to find the dot. I would accept that it was somehow me except that it is not my first one and this was not the case on the other two.

Anyone else. I really am not looking forward to sending it back for yet another problem.
Bummer...

It looks like the drifting red dot (described above) was just the precursor to another battery failure on this replacement.

I have requested another RMA and can just hope that the issue will be resolved by the time I get the next replacement. I do not hold out much hope in as much as the other reports above continue to show that the problem still exists.

I would add that I received the replacement on February 8th and confirmed the dead battery today...March 10. So...just about 30 days.

I really resent loss of time and use with this problem.
this wasp is not working .30 days is the majority that most people are having with the dead battery, . what bothers me most is what are they doing about it. just replacing it and then having the same problem. hopefully the one they send me will be on point.

...what bothers me most is what are they doing about it. just replacing it and then having the same problem.

To me, this would signal something at the OE side of the equation: that either the OE doesn't yet have a solution, is facing supply-chain issues in the sourcing of the necessary definitive repair components, or even the possibility that there's a business issue that SA is having with the OE (i.e. that SA is trying to run-down stock of the current, problematic iteration before substituting in its place the replacement).

I am really sad to see so many of my fellow Springfield owners being so frustrated with this issue. :( SA really needs to up their game, here.

To me, this would signal something at the OE side of the equation: that either the OE doesn't yet have a solution, is facing supply-chain issues in the sourcing of the necessary definitive repair components, or even the possibility that there's a business issue that SA is having with the OE (i.e. that SA is trying to run-down stock of the current, problematic iteration before substituting in its place the replacement).

I am really sad to see so many of my fellow Springfield owners being so frustrated with this issue. :( SA really needs to up their game, here.
Getting kind of late to step their game up. They have known of this issue now for months, have said nothing, and have not fixed the issue.

Getting kind of late to step their game up. They have known of this issue now for months, have said nothing, and have not fixed the issue.
I agree that it's getting a bit long in the tooth. But I don't believe that SA is just doing nothing. It will very likely take just a tad longer to correct, than even the most patient of us is willing to accept. I've sent back two. At this point, I can wait for them to get this issue corrected. In the mean time, I am really enjoying the way this thing shoots with just the factory irons!

Yea, i strongly believe they know there is an issue. No official statement from them. I have many springfield guns. And thr one time i get the RDP Package with sights i have problems. Batteries continue to die around 30 days. As everyone is much experiencing. I got an email from springfield that it will get me a new one in 2-4 weeks. Hopefully this one will work. The RDP as us springfield owners know is no small chage.
$ 900 is alot of money. Well for me anyway. But i liked the compensator and red dot all in one Package. Now I'm kinda of kicking myself in the butt on the purchase. But hopefully all will be good with the wasp soon.

I wonder if there are any other forums/groups that are discussing this problem? I haven't seen any.
We (here) are a very small number of Wasp owners and can't be the only ones affected by this issue.

I wonder if there are any other forums/groups that are discussing this problem? I haven't seen any.
We (here) are a very small number of Wasp owners and can't be the only ones affected by this issue.
According to what I’ve seen on the Facebook Springfield groups it’s a common theme.

Back