testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

My Hellcat FDE came equipped with the WASP in May of this year, I couldn’t get used to it so I took it off and took battery out. Over this weekend I put it back on to try again, installed original battery and it’s still going strong

Last edited:
Installed the battery Dec 26th after catching up on this thread. Still going strong ..... battery wise. I'm still a little concerned about the little square hole and seeing the tiny red/black wires. Anyone ever find out anything about the little square hole?

Installed the battery Dec 26th after catching up on this thread. Still going strong ..... battery wise. I'm still a little concerned about the little square hole and seeing the tiny red/black wires. Anyone ever find out anything about the little square hole?
Mine has it too. I have no idea how this thing could be waterproof. Evidently all the components inside are unaffected by water so if it gets submerged the water just drains back out. Seems sketchy to me.

Dang! If its not a battery issue its a dot drifting issue?? Mine was replaced with new under 2warranty after just 5 weeks of ownership. While I waited on SA I bought a SMS and have had zero issues.... This all started back in Sept.

Well, my battery is still holding up from back on Dec 26th when this thread got me to worrying since I had not installed mine yet. But because it hasn't been installed, now I'm worrying about 'dot drift' issues as well as battery and water intrusion issues. Man, I just don't know what else to do until I get it mounted and see if there's any actual problems. I can't very well send it back on suspicion and/or worry.

I just bought a hellcat RDP a little over a month ago. When I went to pick it up the wasp was dead. The guy behind the counter put a new battery in and it turned on. I said how could the battery be dead since it couldn't possibly have been 60,000 hours? He said it could of just been a bad battery so I took it. Well here I am a month later and it's dead again. I just sent an email, I hope they replace this.

I just bought a hellcat RDP a little over a month ago. When I went to pick it up the wasp was dead. The guy behind the counter put a new battery in and it turned on. I said how could the battery be dead since it couldn't possibly have been 60,000 hours? He said it could of just been a bad battery so I took it. Well here I am a month later and it's dead again. I just sent an email, I hope they replace this.
Update. Springfield replied to my email Monday and I shipped the red dot out Wednesday. A new one is on the way and should have it tomorrow (Friday). The lady I spoke with on the phone said some had a defect that was draining the battery and they'd get me a new one. I'm really impressed how fast and easy this was.

Update. Springfield replied to my email Monday and I shipped the red dot out Wednesday. A new one is on the way and should have it tomorrow (Friday). The lady I spoke with on the phone said some had a defect that was draining the battery and they'd get me a new one. I'm really impressed how fast and easy this was.
Man you got lucky in terms of replacement. I had to send mine in and still waiting on them to ship the new one.

Interesting. Curious if its just to be different or personal preference. Cost might be a factor.
It's not just to be different. Langdon considers their "products" to be the pinnacle of design.

FWIW, I don't necessarily share that opinion. For example the Langdon 1301 Tactical. I don't like the stock, the forend or the sidesaddle. Frankly I would rather have a new stock Beretta 1301 T.

Well, mine's still going strong after installing on 12/26/21. I'm still concerned about the little square hole and possible water intrusion though.

Back