testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

Has anyone heard a release date on the. Holosun eps carry yet? While it has the same footprint as the 507k(it'll still need the plate obviously) it is supposed to be a shorter height "deck"

I sent mine in for the battery issue and it arrived at Springfield Feb 14th, I called today and they're still waiting for the replacements to come in, she thought it should be this week.

Not sure how much hope I have reading about multiple replacements here, might just take my lumps and trade my 20 round hellcat for a P365 after I get the Wasp back, I regret buying the combo, if I'd bought gun and sight separately, I could just return the optic and switch to another brand, but since I bought them together that's not really an option. Never thought about it when I bought it, thought it was nice they came as a pair.
Just coming to the forum. Love the firearm but this is the WORST battery eating red dot I have ever owned. The worst thing is they don’t even answer your email… clearly they have a problem. What’s worse is it has no warning… I carry everyday and I use an optic because my vision isn’t great up close… so when it fails, you are now dealing with a firearm with essentially no sight since cowitness doesn’t apply. Paid good money for the package but what a joke… do I have to go but another 300 optic and just eat. Doubt I’ll hear from them

I can't believe that after all thats gone on with the wasp.That they havent been re-called.As Ive already said.It seems Springfield is basically silent on what going on with this issue.$300.00 optic going bad in a month or so is bad enough.Some have been returned three times according to this forum.Think of it.You tun it on & it goes out in less then a month.contact springfied,pack it up mail it back.after it arrives wait 2 to 4 weeks for a new one & go through the whole thing again & again.One cycle takes 8 to 9 weeks if your lucky.A complete refund should be an option.There are other options out there,but those who purchased the gun with this option installed should not have to deal with this.Nothing is perfect but after the first replacement.turn out the lights,the party over
Agree completely….the time and money they will spend in personnel cost to answer all the complaints, packing and shipping all these defective units 2-3 times they will have been further ahead to issue a statement or recall… clearly someone can’t do math and the loss of customer confidence or future sales is irreplaceable … business 101. Makes me take a second look at my other firearms manufactures and shelve the SA’s

Just coming to the forum. Love the firearm but this is the WORST battery eating red dot I have ever owned. The worst thing is they don’t even answer your email… clearly they have a problem. What’s worse is it has no warning… I carry everyday and I use an optic because my vision isn’t great up close… so when it fails, you are now dealing with a firearm with essentially no sight since cowitness doesn’t apply. Paid good money for the package but what a joke… do I have to go but another 300 optic and just eat. Doubt I’ll hear from them
What do you mean co witness doesn't apply? That was one of their selling points to the wasp. Or were you referring to your vision that you mentioned?

What do you mean co witness doesn't apply? That was one of their selling points to the wasp. Or were you referring to your vision that you mentioned?
Yeah when you are old like me and you can’t see the sights but you can see distance… the whole reason for buying the red dot is to have a sight period.. so when that fails u got nothing …luckily I go to the range every weekend so you have memory of spatial position but I personally like when everything works even if my old eyes don’t up close

It’s best to call them and get your concerns answered, it’s a known fact their email response is slow.

Springfield customer service has been outstanding.Ive been in daily contact (by e-mail no less) with a rep who wants me to return my hex wasp ( even though I damaged it by dropping it) for a replacement. The only fly in the ointment is that he claims the issue ha been solved. I find that difficult to believe after going through 18 pages of posts. My gut feeling is not to get caught up in the merry go round. I picked up a swamp fox M for $195.00.5 min installation time.10 brightness settings,shaker on switch has on & off switch. Went to the range & aligned in no time.Im sure everyone has there own opinion but this works for me.Ordered shipped & received in 5 days from Brownells. Set it down &Leave it on & in 4 min it turns itself off.slightest movement it goes on.In any light conditions.As you carry,your body movement keeps it on.I tried it,it works.At night I hit the off switch.No problemo

I believe you will hear from them.They have answered my e-mails.their customer service is great.They have a big problem since theses are made across the ocean.They are really working on it,but Im "OUT".I need a reliable optic. I ate the $300.00.I know thats hard for some people to swallow.Just my choice.

I believe you will hear from them.They have answered my e-mails.their customer service is great.They have a big problem since theses are made across the ocean.They are really working on it,but Im "OUT".I need a reliable optic. I ate the $300.00.I know thats hard for some people to swallow.Just my choice.
If I were you, I would let them replace it then put the battery in and let it sit on a shelf for a couple months. If it fails again call Springfield and ask for a refund. Either way you either get a new optic back or your original investment.

If I were you, I would let them replace it then put the battery in and let it sit on a shelf for a couple months. If it fails again call Springfield and ask for a refund. Either way you either get a new optic back or your original investment.
Just exactly what I’m doing too. A few days short of a month now and it is still working, sitting on my dresser. In a week or two, if it is still working, I’ll mount it again. But, I am liking the irons a whole lot!

The $300.00 is not important.Going without the optic for months with no guaranteed outcome is not an option.Ive obtained a suitable option and Im movin on.Just my way,don't go nuts on me.

Springfield customer service has been outstanding.Ive been in daily contact (by e-mail no less) with a rep who wants me to return my hex wasp ( even though I damaged it by dropping it) for a replacement. The only fly in the ointment is that he claims the issue ha been solved. I find that difficult to believe after going through 18 pages of posts. My gut feeling is not to get caught up in the merry go round. I picked up a swamp fox M for $195.00.5 min installation time.10 brightness settings,shaker on switch has on & off switch. Went to the range & aligned in no time.Im sure everyone has there own opinion but this works for me.Ordered shipped & received in 5 days from Brownells. Set it down &Leave it on & in 4 min it turns itself off.slightest movement it goes on.In any light conditions.As you carry,your body movement keeps it on.I tried it,it works.At night I hit the off switch.No problemo
How do you like the swamp fox… I was going to hold out for a holosun. Don’t want the adapter plate and don’t want to file off the pins . .. eventually they willl make one that fits… maybe

How do you like the swamp fox… I was going to hold out for a holosun. Don’t want the adapter plate and don’t want to file off the pins . .. eventually they willl make one that fits… maybe
I did a "LOT" of lookin around.No gun shops within 40 miles.So I had to decide by what I saw.Everyone is different & opinions vary. So far the swamp fox(for me) is a 10 It comes with a little gasket that fits right on when you take the factory plate off.For moisture prevention.The optic comes with 3 different screw sizes & tells you which ones to use for what firearm.The optic fits right on & connects with the little nubs that stick up.Comes with a special screwdriver for tightening the optic to the firearm ( 15 psi) the screw driver also for adjusting the red dot.side to side ,up or down.Took me 10 min to install the whole thing.It has 10 brightness adjustments.If you lay it down it will turn itself off after 10 min due to no movement.If you carry it in your holster all day,your movement will keep it on.You can also just turn it off if you want.Ive tried it in all light conditions & no issues.Took it down to the range & zeroed it in in no time.It was right on the money at 10 yards (30 feet).For $195.00 from Brunells.Ordered it & had it in 5 days.If I forgot anything let me know.By the way I have a hellcat osp.Its actually a lot more optic then I thought it would be.

Just received notice that my 2nd replacement is on the way after about 4+ weeks.
This will be my 3rd Wasp.
I am not amused by this.
I have very little confidence that the problem is solved.
I have a very small bit of hope.

Just received notice that my 2nd replacement is on the way after about 4+ weeks.
This will be my 3rd Wasp.
I am not amused by this.
I have very little confidence that the problem is solved.
I have a very small bit of hope.
It was reported to me via E-mail from springfield.That the problem has been solved.This was 4/14/22. Far be it from me to question them.Since we are still having incoming reports of failures. It was my choice to look elsewhere for an optic.They asked me to return it & stated the problem was fixed (their words).After the second battery I was going to send it back.but I dropped it and shattered the optic.They were still willing to replace it.After much thought decided on an alternate course of action.Went into my closet & located my very old Joe Rudy louisville slugger.With one swing.The hex wasp was sent off into space.Never to be seen again.My money,my choice.

I am hopeful. I have the newer (?) gold contacts. Given enough time, they will get the problem fixed. That or a new unit altogether will supersede it. And we owners will get that one.
What everyone is forgetting is that SA doesn’t make these sights. More than likely, they are made by one of very few Chinese companies making 95% of the sights we see.
Everyone needs to chill! I’m not thrilled about spending my money and having problems like this. But then again, I’m not heading into a war torn area in the next few hours…or ever!

I am hopeful. I have the newer (?) gold contacts. Given enough time, they will get the problem fixed. That or a new unit altogether will supersede it. And we owners will get that one.
What everyone is forgetting is that SA doesn’t make these sights. More than likely, they are made by one of very few Chinese companies making 95% of the sights we see.
Everyone needs to chill! I’m not thrilled about spending my money and having problems like this. But then again, I’m not heading into a war torn area in the next few hours…or ever!
Fair point but 90% of those chips in the American vehicles we drive are made in various Asian countries and the big automakers would need to address it or be required to recall it because at the end of the day they own it. Now IF you bought the optic by itself…. Your point is well taken and completely ..BUT the minute you sell it as a package as an upgraded model you now own it as part of your offering. I will also be fair… I called them and they sent me my waybill and instructions to send it back and they will issue me a new one…I was unable to get a response via email. In the meantime I’ll pull out my XD mod 2 or my Ruger SR9c the two I have red dots on both tack drivers just heavier

With all due respect.In my humble opinion.These optics should be pulled off the market "NOW" The idea of "well Im not expecting to have to need it right away.So I'll just cool my jets & see what happens.Don't wash.To think it's ok to ship these things back & forth three & four times is the definition of insanity.Amazon stopped selling them.They only sell the dragonfly.Optics planet has a "NO RETURN " for any reason policy.They are selling them with the osp for $699.Consumers are nuts if they accept this policy of.Oh I'll just keep sending it back until they straighten it out If you look,they are sold as "Springfield Armorys Hex Wasp". Time to get a handle on this guys

Back