testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

Ive done some looking around & there are not a lot (that I know of) red dots out there for the hellcat. That will fit right on it.Some block the guns iron sights,some need an adapter plate that also covers the factory sights.Some on back order 7 to 9 months.One list for almost $450.00. Have to think about this.Some places dont even mention the hex wasp. I think springfield has a real issue going here. Right now were going as is with the factory sights which are excellent

OK ! As of right now.I have declared my hex wasp terminal ! 10-7 , out of service , eater of batteries.I was going to call today and see about replacement. Sad to say.I dropped the darn thing and broke the glass. Sooooooooo. Its on me.Before I go any further.I need to know if this issue has been resolved.I will talk to springfield,but I want input from forum members.Which is what I should have done in the first place.Ive read of some people going through two & three wasps.NOT gonna do that.I see there are others out there for the hellcat osp.If this hex wasp is snake bit.I will get something else. To tell the truth.The fact that the thing stays on 24/7 bothers me. Any help or input will be appreciated
I wouldn’t have one. Definitely find other alternatives.

I’m on my third one now. Battery in and it sits on my dresser for another 30+ days to see battery lasts longer than 30 days.
I bought the wasp specifically for the always on feature. I suspect shake to wake would fail before the always on units, all things being equal.
I have 6 units with MOTAC. All still bulletproof. None on RDMS, but I suspect if it was an issue the DPP wouldn’t be the best selling unit in the world.

I doubt that I could ever in good conscience.Purchase another Hex Wasp. It seems they have not been able to fix the issues .At least no one has come forward to state that "Yes we are in fact,positive" we have fixed the problem.So why do they keep sending them out ?Send back two or three of the same product is nuts.Just me sayin ! Ive sent messages & e-mails to springfield with no results so far.Yes I will give them a call.

Ive done some looking around & there are not a lot (that I know of) red dots out there for the hellcat. That will fit right on it.Some block the guns iron sights,some need an adapter plate that also covers the factory sights.Some on back order 7 to 9 months.One list for almost $450.00. Have to think about this.Some places dont even mention the hex wasp. I think springfield has a real issue going here. Right now were going as is with the factory sights which are excellent
I wasn't going to even take a chance with the wasp because of these issues and not having "shake-a-wake" so I went with the new Crimson Trace RAD Micro Pro and I'm loving it. Bolts right on with no plate needed, was about $250, allows approx 3/4 use of factory sights and it has "Shake-to-wake". It goes to sleep in 2 minutes (i timed mine 1 min and 58-59 sec), and wakes when I lightly hit the table top beside my pistol. I've taken it to the range three times so far now with about 275 rounds of 115, 124, 135, 147 gr without any issues. I'm quite pleased.

I really want one of these for my Hellcat but until bad reports of issues are rectified and they add "Shake-a-Wake" I'm trying another brand. Just ordered a Crimson Trace RAD Micro Pro.
Just got the Hellcat PRO with the OSP Wasp included. Have had it for one week and was about to go out and give it a go and the Wasp stopped working. Based on the issues I've been hearing from others about the Wasp I think I'm going to go back to the gun store I bought it from and see if they'll refund me the cost of the Wasp and I'll just get the Crimson Trace RAD Micro Pro.

Just got the Hellcat PRO with the OSP Wasp included. Have had it for one week and was about to go out and give it a go and the Wasp stopped working. Based on the issues I've been hearing from others about the Wasp I think I'm going to go back to the gun store I bought it from and see if they'll refund me the cost of the Wasp and I'll just get the Crimson Trace RAD Micro Pro.
I'm pretty sure they won't be able to do that for you. Their SKUs have one with Wasp and another without. If the Wasp was included with yours then that is a package. They're more than like not going to be able to split that up.

Your best bet is getting in touch with SA and sending it (Wasp) back for warranty. You have very good iron sights on it to get you going till the replacement arrives or getting another red dot.

SA needs to get this fixed, this is ridiculous.

I don't have long term proof of reliability with the RAD Micro Pro yet but so far I'm very pleased with it.

I'm pretty sure they won't be able to do that for you. Their SKUs have one with Wasp and another without. If the Wasp was included with yours then that is a package. They're more than like not going to be able to split that up.

Your best bet is getting in touch with SA and sending it (Wasp) back for warranty. You have very good iron sights on it to get you going till the replacement arrives or getting another red dot.

I don't have long term proof of reliability with the RAD Micro Pro yet but so far I'm very pleased with it.
Appreciate the feedback, and it makes sense. Any other options besides the RAD Micro Pro that will fit directly onto the Hellcat slide? Would the Holosun Sub-compact HS507K-X2 will fit?

I can't believe that after all thats gone on with the wasp.That they havent been re-called.As Ive already said.It seems Springfield is basically silent on what going on with this issue.$300.00 optic going bad in a month or so is bad enough.Some have been returned three times according to this forum.Think of it.You tun it on & it goes out in less then a month.contact springfied,pack it up mail it back.after it arrives wait 2 to 4 weeks for a new one & go through the whole thing again & again.One cycle takes 8 to 9 weeks if your lucky.A complete refund should be an option.There are other options out there,but those who purchased the gun with this option installed should not have to deal with this.Nothing is perfect but after the first replacement.turn out the lights,the party over

Doing a bit of research, this is a very informative article on Red dot compatibility with the Hellcat... https://www.badassoptic.com/best-red-dot-sight-for-springfield-hellcat-osp/
The Holsun quoted has been discontinued.The wasp........well we know where we are with that.The Shield at $409 & $419 is hard to get & has a problem with breaking & cracking easily.So its a crap shoot.The Swamp fox at $195 is a possible but they all have some issues.There is some chinese optic (ADE) ? out there at $139.but I would steer clear of that.The Wasp I understand is made in china.Im sure there are others out there.possibly for more money.The $300 wasp was about my limit.I considered the Shield,but for $400+ had a lot of issues & avalibility was not good.One place had a backorder time of 4 to 7 months. Good luck !

Appreciate the feedback, and it makes sense. Any other options besides the RAD Micro Pro that will fit directly onto the Hellcat slide? Would the Holosun Sub-compact HS507K-X2 will fit?
From the research I was doing looking for one for my Hellcat the Holosuns use a different footprint than the Shield. It appears there are two ways to get one to fit and that's with a plate which would make it sit higher or take a Dremel to your pistol and permanently alter it to make it fit.

From the research I was doing looking for one for my Hellcat the Holosuns use a different footprint than the Shield. It appears there are two ways to get one to fit and that's with a plate which would make it sit higher or take a Dremel to your pistol and permanently alter it to make it fit.
It seems unless you can pick one up and look at it.meaning,if you have to order on-line.you really have to get into the fine print.So many variations.The ones that cover the factory sights are not for me.One has an 8 moa.That must be like watching the sun come up.

I'm going on my 3rd sight in 4 months of ownership, the battery usually dies after a week or so. So far Springfield has been helpful in trying to help out, but I highly doubt the next one with last very long. Anyone find a replacement brand that fits well on the RDP?

After 16 pages of mostly negative feed back (including my own) in regards to the hex wasp.Why would you take a chance ? I know these are made in China and Springfield is caught in the middle.The warranty is great and springfield is making every effort to replace defective units.Personally,I could not continue to go through the return process 3 & 4 times. While taking out the battery to return my hex wasp.I dropped it & shattered the optic glass.So thats on me.I look at it as a blessing in disguise out $300.00 but I'm not going to have to go through the return process anymore.Just my take.My hellcat osp is the finest hand gun Ive owned.So with or without the optic.It's all good

Still able to co witness with that CT? Direct fit, no plates for sure?

Good call. I gave them a call a short time ago, was barely on hold. FedEx label sent and now I need to send back to them. 2-4 weeks though. Well guess my 507k goes back on.
Still able to co witness with that 507k? What plate did you use? I'm looking at the 507k x2 with c&h precision plate. But want to be sure i retain co witness

Back